Search results

1. pamook

My steampunk OB's nearing completion

Very nice :tresbon: you could also have a lamp to match the mood :D
  2. pamook

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

:banana: finally had some time to change the bulbs and reassemble... also got new solid mahogany sides :D KR 9340
  3. pamook

A Batch of 6C33C-B's, Crate should have been packed in straw

Those get HOT like hell, and sound fantastic... This was a kit I recently acquired here in Croatia and assembled... 2x12W SET, sweet, full and detailed :music:
  4. pamook

Yaqin MC-10L with Soviet NOS 6P3S-E Military Tubes

mine are biased to 50mA after I had them burned in with 35mA for start, rising it in 5mA increments over a cca 2 months period... still working, burned in, very nice ... only thing I hate is that it takes a bit "long" time to wake up fully and play at its best - generally about one hour ...
  5. pamook

New Yaqin in the House

congrats on the amp :thmbsp: wait for a couple of weeks and give it time to really settle down, I have one of those with russian 6p3s-e and 6n1p-ev and it sounds great.... some ppl liked more the sound of original EL34s, I didnt have the chance to judge because I got the amp SH without...
  6. pamook

I got the amp with no tubes so I cannot compare, and for a burn in, I think a minimum of 100 hrs (there are reports even 200 hrs to get the amp with 6P3S-e to became fully smooth and musical)....Mine is still under 100 mark so I cannot say much more than wait to see :music: ... and get a quad of...
  7. pamook

got the green ones in a bag... K42Y2 ... waiting :banana: I will fit them in :thmbsp: are the k40y-9 better?
  8. pamook

Recently I got my hands on a second hand MC-10L with no tubes (broken when it fell down to the floor from the ex owner hands), with minor cosmetic damage to the transformer cans but nothing was broken on the inside, PCBs are intact. While I was waiting for amp to arrive, ordered some russian...
  9. pamook

where to buy PIO?

I just got mine from the seller named siberian-market and they arrived on time, everything just fine, 4 items for 11$ shipped to Europe (I have absolutely NO connections to the particular seller). Now waiting for some other parts to gather everyhing and fire up the soldering iron :)
  10. pamook

My Vintage System so far.....

Truly gorgeous :tresbon::tresbon:
  11. pamook

Kenwood kr 9940 is GO!

anderslober, look at the bottom of the silicone jacket of the each lightbulb, you will be pleasantly surprised :thmbsp:
  12. pamook

Kenwood KR-9400 Light bulbs

Best thing is to open it an look :thmbsp: the reason why - recently I was ordering lightbulbs for my KR 9340 and the SM said all 6 meter lights are the same (8V 150mA) and after the disassemble, this was the case :scratch2: 2 meters have 4.12 mm dia 8V 150mA and other 4 meters have...
  13. pamook

Well, I wouldn't, but Ken Wood...

:thmbsp: funtastic job :thmbsp: I have one 6050 and it sounds a bit hollow on my MA700 PMC, thinking of recap, its definitely worth it... and a great looker too :tresbon:
  14. pamook

Kenwood kr 9940 is GO!

If this is any help, the original relay cap in my 9340 has written only this DAIICHI type MSS and printed number 71 on top no other markings :no:
  15. pamook

Kenwood KR-7060 info

I have a KR 6050 and AFAIK, the only difference from 6600 is the front panel that is made in (I think its called) gunmetal, the 6050 has silver one. Everything else is the same (the SM is the same for both models)... ofcourse, I could be mistaken, maybe there is some minor differences, but...
  16. pamook

KR9340 vs. KR9940?

I just started to disassemble mine 9340, need to clean all the pots and change a few lamps inside... but today I figured out that a power switch is malfunctioning and I need to replace it... gotta start looking (not a problem finding one that fits, the problem is that all the new ones have a...
  17. pamook

Mini-tutorial: How to disassemble Marantz pushswitches for better cleaning/de-Oxiting

:lmao: oh, youre not the only one... the first place I started to look was the auction site... not thinking local at all :beerchug: ... I saw you are from Germany thats why I looked on Conrad site :thmbsp: Here are the few more pics, and the reason why the switch wouldnt enagage every time...
  18. pamook

Mini-tutorial: How to disassemble Marantz pushswitches for better cleaning/de-Oxiting

I was lucky to find the switch locally in one TV repair shop, I was carrying the old one as a model... but first I was pointed to this site from a croatian hifi forum, and lately I found some on Conrad too ... Unfortunately, Im not familiar with online shops of this type in USA so someone...
  19. pamook

Thx for the pics Leicalover :thmbsp: One side of the switch is broken, I confirmed it with multimeter... I managed to obtain a new one, but mounting holes wouldnt match so I used old one as a donor for the part... and voila, everything working again, flawlessly :music::banana: after...
  20. pamook

Does anybody have any experience with disassembling (AND re-assembling to working state again :D) the power switch from Marantz receivers or amps? Im haveing issues with mine on 2226B and trying to figure out how to disassemble it for cleaning. Spraying and working out the switch (with analogue...
  21. pamook

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

this one arrived today :banana:
  22. pamook

Kenwood KR-6600

I had similar situation with my 6050 and the trouble was in (too)many bad solder points on the preamp pcb (the one holding pots and switches)... The tech I took it to re-soldered the whole pcb and now all the switches work properly (left channel was louder than right, balance pot not linear...
  23. pamook

Scored a KR-6050, but having problems.

Thank you PacificStereo :thmbsp: , I brought it to a local guy who knew what to look for and it happened to be a small power supply trouble (dunno what, he changed some resistors as far as I can see on the board) and rest was lots of solder points gone bad, he said there was lots of them so he...
  24. pamook

Scored a KR-6050, but having problems.

Fogmoose, any info on this issue? :scratch2: I just got a 6050 that has static and spikes problem (not driving it into protect though), distorted bass and God forbid to switch loudness to ON :no: Also did the cleaning of relay contacts, switches and pots, no luck, still heavy spikes when...
Back
Top Bottom