Search results

1. JoseHH

uPA68

There are still a few options. The old UPA68 were bigger, but latter production from Singapore was a slimmer package, denoted as UPA68HA. They came in idss ranks K, L, M. The dual JFETS LSK389A or LSK389B can be considered. They exist in metal cans with through-hole leads and SMD package SOIC-8...
  2. JoseHH

Sansui BA-F1

Great work!. With regards to the knobs, i think they are black anodized. Paint will look different. The anodizing can be stripped off and redone after bead-blasting. If you have onr knob to use as a reference there will be a shop that does this somewhere. There are several types of black...
  3. JoseHH

Retired and looking for a place to Hang out and Chat about Vinyl and 2 channel Systems.

Hi there!. Welcome to the community!
  4. JoseHH

AU-919 Ribbon Cables

Absolutely yes.
  5. JoseHH

AU-919 Ribbon Cables

It does not seem that there were interleaved ground and signal wires in these ribbon cables (meaning one ground wire between each pair of signal wires). So in this case, ideally John's suggestion of the miltiple stranded ribbon cable of the same spacing would be the best match to the original...
  6. JoseHH

AU-919 Ribbon Cables

Have you inspected the solder joints? Mine had several dry looking joints near the transistors that get hot in the input selector and equalizer amplifier board that i resoldered just in case. May be this is causing problems in your case.
  7. JoseHH

Happy Birthday avionic!

Happy birthday Avionic :beerchug:
  8. JoseHH

Spare mosfets? How often do they go bad?

I do not know. It could be the transconductance |Yfs| of P and N channel have been matched, or it may be that they have matched P and N channel such that for a given Gate-to-Source voltage they pass the same Drain-current, or fixing a current, and selected N and P channel parts that present...
  9. JoseHH

I experimented little with the Hitachi parts building protoypes of the B&K140, and I observed that they seem to be quite resilient, so I would not worry too much about them. If concerned, you can get a set of the parts i pointed out. The corresponding ones for 2SK134/2sJ49 are ECF10N20/ECF10P20...
  10. JoseHH

Hopefully not unobtanium.. What are the mosfets that your amplifier uses? If they are lateral mosfets, EXICON stil makes them. These are good replacements for some of the Hitachi lateral mosfets also. If you want to have a spare set, the TO-3 parts are endo of life status, but stil available...
  11. JoseHH

KTA1659A and KTC4370A

I am not an expert by any standards. I just happen to have run into this very same rabbit hole a few years ago when I was trying to repair a Sansui AU-D907, and needed to sift through the parts I could find in the market. Fortunately, with the aid of tests of the sort the OP is trying to do now...
  12. JoseHH

KTA1659A and KTC4370A

These type B parts had a large breakdown voltage and as far as I know, only Toshiba produced them. KEC and UTC acquired some of the processes that other manufacturers discontinued, but it seems that they are not making all the breakdown types that Toshiba had. You don't have to test your parts...
  13. JoseHH

KTA1659A and KTC4370A

They show as active in the KEC website. https://www.keccorp.com/kr/product/product_list.asp?part_idx=19 https://www.keccorp.com/kr/product/product_list.asp?part_idx=19 And not only that, if you search the KEC website you will find that they are making lots of useful through hole parts like the...
  14. JoseHH

KTA1659A and KTC4370A

Before doing your tests, please pay attention to the SOA plot on page 2 of the datasheet. These parts, just like the Toshiba 2SA13006/2SC3298, are not suppossed to pass 1.1 Amp at 30VDC, despite of them being rated at Ic= 2 Amps (which they will only handle at VCE that is less than 10V. At 30V...
  15. JoseHH

List of amps with a high damping factor

Luxman recent amplifiers, have damping factors close to 370. See the L509X, or the L595ASE for example.
  16. JoseHH

Solid state circuit gurus - do you see anything weird about this?

Does it use the pair 2SB645/2SD665? I would be concerned if the kit did include these as they were not made for decades, so they could be counterfeit parts. If so, they may not last long with +/-50V rails. May be safe to use a pair of power transistors that will not blow under stress. If you are...
  17. JoseHH

Caffeine.

I like coffee too. I have used the italian type "Moka" machine from bialetti, for a while, then in 2005 my wife and I decided to get an expresso machine (La Pavonni) still in use every day, with Segafredo coffee. Here in Argentina this brand is imported from Brazil, quality/ price is reasonable...
  18. JoseHH

Any suitable replacements for the 2SC2336 and 2SA1006? What would you use?

The only ones currently being manufactured parts that are close to the 2SC2336 and 2SA1006 are the KEC KTD2161/KTA1469 or the KTD2061/KTA1369 or the KTA1659A/KTC4370A. You may be able to inquire KEC directly to see who distributes these in your country. Sligthly worse are the UTC...
  19. JoseHH

2SF656 replacement - SCR used in a AU-919

That is all right. There is a few seconds time constant built-in via C03, C04 which charge up via 22K resistors, and also the 470uF capacitor C603 which discharges via transistor TR603 whren it turns on (but this one is on the tens of milisecods). So the delay in the response is normal. If the...
  20. JoseHH

Anyone have success repairing a broken potentiometer?

The glue will not work very reliably. Consider replacing/addapting a new potentiometer. This type of potentiometer is sometimes called reverse-audio, inverse-log taper. Searching that i found these options. (not ideal but may be helpful): Mouser has several but the size and shaft type is not the...
  21. JoseHH

2SF656 replacement - SCR used in a AU-919

For the presence of DC at the speaker terminals, I would test it by placing a resistive 8 ohms dummy load, setting the volume to zero, and monitor the voltage across the load while slowly adjusting the DC offset. At some critical voltage the amp should go into protection. This happens by...
  22. JoseHH

sx-3900 q110 q109 q116 q115?

Thank you for pointing out my mistake. Yes i meant KSA1381. I edited my post to vorrect this mistake.
  23. JoseHH

Although they will work in there, the ksc2690/ksa1220 is not the best match for the 2SC1915/2SA905. I think the KSA1381/KSC3503 is the best match but comes in a bigger package. Get them from digikey or mouser. Other alternatives like the KSC2383/KSA1013 are slower. The best choice in my opinion...
  24. JoseHH

If the original part was simikar to the ksa1220 then you can use a TTA004B. What is supposed to be at that position from factory?. The ksa1381 is capable of smaller currents than is the ksa1220.
  25. JoseHH

Diodes wired to heat sink...what is this? Optonica SA-4141

Y means yellow for the rank for the combined forward voltage of the device which has 3 diode junctions. Some of these stabistors were ranked like the transistors but in this case by forward voltage parameter. The mv203 should present a forward drop of 1.88-1.98V at a test current of 3mA. See...
Back
Top Bottom