Search results

1. GiantPanda

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

Hahaha that's why you never tell her about the state return, just the federal!
  2. GiantPanda

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

Just want to say thank you to @BassKulcha @Hose53 @StuartB @marcmorin for sending me down the rabbit hole. Marc and team just completed a full resto with custom plinth by @flasher1. Not only is this thing beautiful but it sounds incredible. Dead quiet, dead on speed, and just fun to listen to. I...
  3. GiantPanda

Help with IDing Lafayette mono speaker

Unfortunately I don't play... probably a $ and Sense question but are the drivers worth anything by themselves?
  4. GiantPanda

Help with IDing Lafayette mono speaker

Hi All, Anyone have any idea what this is? Hooked it up and sounds pretty darn good. Sorry about the terrible lighting in my garage.
  5. GiantPanda

ADS L1290 II VS Infinity Cresendo 3007

Lol best response ever
  6. GiantPanda

ADS L1290 II VS Infinity Cresendo 3007

Hi all, Been lusting after the ADS and currently have the infinitys. Have a chance to pick up the ADS on BT currently. Question is, are they an upgrade over the Infinitys or more of a lateral move?
  7. GiantPanda

Crescendo 3007 woofer help

Perfect, thanks for the link!
  8. GiantPanda

Crescendo 3007 woofer help

Hi All, Just refoamed a set of these yesterday with a set of foams from my audio addiction using the proper glue on the cones (weldwood). Not sure of the history as these were a CL score ($120 for the pair plus a velodyne F1200B!) Upon firing them up, it seemed that the sound was very 1 sided...
  9. GiantPanda

Custom made Speaker stands...what would you pay?

Not the question that was asked, but thanks for your input.
  10. GiantPanda

Thanks for the breakdown Lazarus! Yeah, I'm not sure either how that guy is making a profit once time is factored in. I'm no furniture maker but I enjoy working with wood. The stand pictured above probably took me 4 hours between prep, paint, sanding, finishing, etc.
  11. GiantPanda

It's inch thick aged maple...they don't move.
  12. GiantPanda

Yeah but would you actually buy a set? That's the real question.
  13. GiantPanda

Thanks for everyone's input, going with a hard now. Fwiw I was going to price at $150.
  14. GiantPanda

Trying to determine if its worth it to start making these on the side. I made these pair for my brother in law for xmas. Sand filled pipes, and specifically designed to be long enough to fit LPs in (for extra sound deadening, of course). Basically unlimited height and wood styles. They weren't...
  15. GiantPanda

GiantPanda has the Karma!!!

Thank you my man! Hope they work out for you.
  16. GiantPanda

Wharfedale W60E replacement woofers

Mark, thank you! You are the man. Can now order replacement caps!
  17. GiantPanda

Hi Mark, Not familiar with "vintage ar", is this an online store, eBay, user on here? If you can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
  18. GiantPanda

Hey Nat, I was thinking and hoping the same thing. Here is a picture of that GE speaker... I have another quandary though, it looks like someone replaced some caps on the crossover on one of the speakers, so now I'm not sure what the proper values are. Does anyone have a picture of the stock...
  19. GiantPanda

Thanks Mark! That is a great help. I was under the impression that the Alnico magnets were better, but if its marginal and I can save money then all the better. Not sure if I will, but I'm not afraid to kick anything out. So far not loving the bass balance for the majority of my listening...
  20. GiantPanda

Hi GDM, Thanks for the info! Not necessarily looking for resale, if I get out what I put in I'll call it a win. The question is will these replace my Hereseys, and if so, I'll make my money on those :)
  21. GiantPanda

Can anyone give me an indication if those woofers in the first post will work?
  22. GiantPanda

Here's my weirdo W60Es. Cabinets are in beautiful shape, but obviously those woofers have to go. Mids and highs are in tact and it looks like the XO is in tact as well. Did these come with fiberfill from the factory? Mine are stuffed...
  23. IMG_20180522_174020

IMG_20180522_174020

Wharfedale W60E with odd woofer
  24. GiantPanda

Hi All, Just picked up a set of these for $40 knowing the woofers were "blown". Turns out they arent, but have some odd replacements. One is a weird covered GE woofer hacked in (thankfully without cutting the cab) and the other looks like another model Wharf full range. Anyway, both have to go...
  25. GiantPanda

nikko beta II recap

Hi, we're you ever able to recap this and generate a list? I just got an Alpha 2 and interested in recapping as well. Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom