Search results

1. J

"banana jack" plugs for Dynaco a25's?

update/conclusion(?) - well as it happens i found a few pairs of nakamichi plugs in one of my cabinets, then figured out the obvious - unscrewing to push in the wire and then tightening and then after reassembled exerting a little force to push the plugs into the speaker posts and it's as rock...
  2. J

As an aside, the other side of the speaker wires will plug into an Allied 355 (Pioneer for Radio Shack circa 1972) , to which I had just ordered a plug/cable set which is also 16 gauge so the option to migrate to KnuKonceptz Kord Kable isn't there right now. As much as I've loved my previous...
  3. J

not sure these will work with 16 gauge wire (16 AWG soft "loud speaker cable" from monoprice), what is your opinion? thank you. (referring to https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/banana-plugs/plugs-bp-sz-single-banana-plug-red/)
  4. J

i have a set of budget plugs i think i had bought from meritline a while ago and the wire doesn't tighten from within nor does the pin stay snug inside the speaker. so i'm hoping one of these options provides a good fit. also, from what i'm gathering reading the comments not being to turn the...
  5. J

thanks alot for all the informative suggestions! before i even get started with this, i need to resolve one issue that i'm hoping is simple: one of the two locking nuts is stuck on the post and by turning it either way to tighten or unscrew moves the post along with it. I would think that...
  6. J

Hi, can someone recommend a set of plugs for 16 gauge speaker wire that would be a good fit for these speakers? Also, what is the procedure in terms of connecting the speaker wire to the plugs and then the plugs to the speakers? Thanks very much in advance.
  7. J

ID this cartridge please?

Can someone identify the model of this Stanton cartridge and possibly recommend a very good stylus for it? thanks, Jeff
  8. J

Yamaha R 100 receiver

i really like my R100. I use it to power a set of older Infinity bookshelf speakers connected to my TV. I much prefer quality stereo sound than "home theater." My only two issues are occasional crackling sound which is probably due to dust accumulation which is fixable by jiggling the volume...
  9. J

please recommend single disc CD player

Nice.... The Panasonic S29 DVD player that I have sounds OK for CDs, really not bad. Given a choice, all things being equal, would you prefer a Arcam 7se or a Rotel RCD-1072? Jeff
  10. J

Well I hooked my older Panasonic DVD S29 to the Hafler DH110 pre amp (still works great after 30+ years of service) and it sounds good - not bad at all. Although I'm sure that a dedicated single well CD player would offer more detail and sonic attributes, I'm wondering what I would gain by...
  11. J

Thanks for the info. I'll experiment with my existing DVD players and make a determination. My budget is about 200-300. By the way, is anyone aware of any component CD players that have a clock setting. If so, you could actually use your stereo as an alarm clock.
  12. J

As my 13 year old Marantz is beginning to flake out i'm looking for an inexpensive single well CD player that *sounds very good *plays MP3 *don't know if this exists but I'd like a clock function that starts PLAY so as to use as an alarm clock... Thanks..
  13. J

Sanyo SS-340 Speakers

sanyo turntable Yeah, I have an early '70's Sanyo belt drive turntable (semi automatic) purchased when Sanyo was a "new up and coming brand," according to the sales guy at Crazy Eddie that's very decent.
  14. J

recommend stands for AR 302's

Hi, after searching the web and coming up with very little of interest and before I opt for the cinder block route which is actually looking more and more attractive to me, even aesthetically, I'm wondering if someone can recommend a decent commercial option for these speakers. They're large -...
Back
Top Bottom