Search results

1. Echoplex

Marantz 6300 TT - Auto Mode not working

Nice job on your 6300 rebuild! Looks great!
  2. Echoplex

Marantz 6300 Project

You're spot on with your analysis. The "motor strength" on the 6300 does indeed have weak torque - especially on initial start-up and after stylus drop. I doubt that you'll notice any measurable improvements after putting in new electrolytics in the motor. Mine still drifts a little, and I have...
  3. Echoplex

Restoring a Marantz 6300 TT

Check all voltages at the locations listed on the schematic for the auto-mode circuit first. And, check with the auto mode on, and retest with it off to compare. There's quite a few components involved in the auto-mode circuit and it can be tricky trying to find the culprit, but start there and...
  4. Echoplex

Marantz 6300 Project

Good, glad you found the right one. Yeah, those micro switches.....man, they're pesky bastids. I would definitely replace them all.:D Also, you can't overlook the mechanical aspect of the switch buttons either. All of them have these spring-loaded levers that are made out of paper-thin metal...
  5. Echoplex

Marantz 6300 Project

Bryan, try this one from Lumex; available @ Mouser.
  6. Echoplex

Marantz 6300 Project

Yes, but they don't have the domed shape end on one side like the originals did, so I went with LN28RPX since it fit the eyelet hole.
  7. Echoplex

Marantz 6300 Project

LN25 is an obsolete part. LN28RPX from Mouser would work however.
  8. Echoplex

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

I agree, but you know what? My original pressing still sounds fanstastic, and I still think the original Pyromania masterdisk lp sounds better than the new remaster. The guitars have a little more spacial airiness, midrange punch and top end bite overall. The new mix is a little polite for my...
  9. Echoplex

Sl1200Mk5..mk2..

Have an MK5, and with KAB USA upgrades, it sounds excellent and runs like a a top!
  10. Echoplex

Yes, I believe they’re available everywhere as far as I know....got mine from Music Direct (Chicago) @ 20% off. Hysteria is a double LP, so 3 tracks on each side. The rest are single lp’s. Actually, Live @ L.A. Forum is two lp’s as well. So far, really enjoying it!
  11. Echoplex

Yes, sound quality is great! All 180 gram pressings pressed by Optimal Media (Germany).
  12. Echoplex

I’m channeling 80’s rock today...:D
  13. Echoplex

Restoring a Marantz 6300 TT

Going by your measurements, the transformer voltages you're getting are correct; primary side should be 120Vac, while the secondary side should be 30Vac. However, the voltages for transistor H803 on the power supply are low everywhere, and they should agree with the schematic: 34V collector...
  14. Echoplex

Sparkos Labs BA312-M modules,

Tarior, In my case, the audio hobbyist in me likes to experiment around with different components...just kind of fun to see what works and what doesn’t... and how it effects the sound quality overall. If I had proper testing equipment other than a soldering station and multimeter I’d be happy...
  15. Echoplex

Here ya go...
  16. Echoplex

Update... I just emailed Andrew regarding the gain output on the Op Amps and he confirmed that there is a slightly higher gain output and that it will vary depending on the model it's used in. Meaning on some Marantz models, the gain will be either lower or higher. He didn’t specify which...
  17. Echoplex

Prior to doing the rebuild, I had the gain setting on my separate phono pre @ 50dB. That’s just where it sounded the best to me. But, after installing the new modules and other components, that setting was way too loud. Then, I lowered the gain level to 40dB, and found the sweet spot. Here’s...
  18. Echoplex

I installed mine about two weeks ago and have enjoyed them thus far. The biggest improvements noted: an additional 10dB of gain in the phono stage, cleaner sound overall than before and a considerably lower noise floor; dead quiet; no more grainy sounding backgrounds. I'm loving that because...
  19. Echoplex

Leestereo's Restoration and Upgrade Of A Marantz 2325

Never mind... Thanks Leestereo for the explanation! In the feedback loop, how would increase gain output slightly higher, without adding more noise? Or is it possible without changing the RIAA curve?
  20. Echoplex

Leestereo's Restoration and Upgrade Of A Marantz 2325

Phono output level will always be lower compared to tuner and tape levels due to the lower voltage output; cartridge output levels have very small voltage increments...some less than 1 mV. That will definitely show up on the volume level when trying to match output for output per se. But...
  21. Echoplex

Marantz 2325 experts please

I’ve got the same Panasonic films at the same locations as you do, but am running Silmic II’s at the other locations near the top of the board. It sounds good as-is..the caps are only about 6 years old. But now that I’m running a separate phono pre, I doubt I’ll ever go back to using P400 phono...
  22. Echoplex

No, P400 had already been done previously, but I’d like to do it in the future. I did find another small issue though.... The pots for the Dolby preamp are hard to get to and they need to get cleaned because the Left CH has a tiny bit of static. Grrrrr. Looks like I’m going to have to...
  23. Echoplex

I’m running a separate phono preamp that has multiple gain settings from 40, 50 & 60dB. I run the outputs from the phono pre into the Aux inputs on the 2325. It’s a big soundstage compared to the stock phono pre on the 2325. I compared both since the marantz phono pre is 40dB as well, but it...
  24. Echoplex

Update... I changed the phono preamp gain settings to 40db this time, and that made all the difference! Straight away I notice a few things... the mid frequencies are not as accentuated as before on the 50db setting. Everything sounds nice and balanced, and all of the EQ settings are flat @ the...
  25. Echoplex

That’s a pretty moderate volume for me Stu.:biggrin:
Back
Top Bottom