Search results

1. NealinNevada

TEAC 3340 Left Front Channel Problem

This is the 3340 model, not the 3340S.
  2. NealinNevada

I'm going: Reno to Phoenix to Tucson to Phoenix to Reno

I guess the title says it all, except dates. Leave Reno late night Monday, April 8th...Phoenix/Tucson (via Las Vegas) on the 9th, return to Phoenix on the 12th, back to Reno on the 13th. Lots of room in one-ton truck. PM me if I can help you.
  3. NealinNevada

Thanks Sat...I have the service manual. I think I will try to swap out the playback amp board, unless I hear of a better diagnostics route to take. If I turn the power off and let it sit, then turn back on, it works perfectly. Then in a minute or two, left channel craps out.
  4. NealinNevada

I found a basketcase 3340 and basically have been restoring the machine using another parts machine that I got from a generous AK'er (thanks Time-Travel :thmbsp:). Using a pre-recorded tape, I select play on tracks 1 (left front) & 3 (right front). Sounds wonderful!!! Then about two minutes...
  5. NealinNevada

Time-Travel, what a job!

James sent me a TEAC 3340 parts unit and it was packed like it was going to the moon! Thanks James, I appreciate :yes: all your effort in my behalf!
  6. NealinNevada

Teac A-3340 trouble shooting tips...

Thank you Mr Jones for the edification...Now if I can just figure out how to get the vu meters out of a 3340 :scratch2:...it is like breaking into a bank vault!
  7. NealinNevada

Thanks for the info...did they ever make a model 3340 without the A prefix or S suffix?
  8. NealinNevada

The only belts on a 3340 is the capstan belt and the counter belt. Mark, I can't tell which of the 3340 series has a plug. I know the one I have has the lever on the front (Fast/Pause/Play) and no dummy plug on the back. I would like to know the history of the 3340.
  9. NealinNevada

What do you mean by "reversible version of the A-3340" Mr Jones? What is reversible? Direction? Another question, if the lever is in the Play position on these units, should the arrow button pointing to the left work?
  10. NealinNevada

I think Mark was referring to the 3340S. Does your 3340 have the lever for the change from Fast/Pause/Play?
  11. NealinNevada

How many of you have a Teac A-Series R2R deck?

Got an A6010 with the wired remote and original vinyl cover...love it! Wish it would take 10.5" reels though.
  12. NealinNevada

Hi Gordon! Welcome to AK...

Hi Gordon! Welcome to AK...
  13. NealinNevada

pioneer sx-1980

Well, I have a 1980 that is very nice...everything works as it should (thoroughly checked not a year ago). I see them sell for $1500 and up and I am guessing this shop wants some serious money for it. For that kind of money a person could buy a pretty nice Mac amp/preamp/tuner combo. I have that...
  14. NealinNevada

What are you drinking now?

Bundaberg Ginger Beer...great stuff.
  15. NealinNevada

AR-LST's in Reno, NV

I never even got that far...the price made me take my heart medicine :D.
  16. NealinNevada

AR-LST's in Reno, NV

You seem to misunderstand me (I must learn to be clearer). I have no problem with them asking any price they want, they own them. They are nice speakers, but I have seen them for much less in better condition...that is all.
  17. NealinNevada

Premature buyers remorse

What are they looking to get for them, any idea?
  18. NealinNevada

Premature buyers remorse

With just a little work, the 302's can be made to sing...pound for pound my favorite Bozak speaker here at the Museum. Enjoy them Jim!
  19. NealinNevada

AR-LST's in Reno, NV

I just stopped at the Salvation Army...they got a set of AR-LST's :drool: in decent shape for...for...$1299 :thumbsdn: (yes, one thousand two hundred and ninety-nine). So ends the day of "thrift" stores. Corner of Oddie and Sutro.
  20. NealinNevada

I hate people...

Go get him Sam, please get him...sorry for the work of an idiot. This is going to be fun to watch.
  21. NealinNevada

Landscapes

Rodeo, New Mexico (headrig timbers) Mount Lassen from Hiway 44 Road Forks, NM (Carbonate Hill Mine site)
  22. NealinNevada

Olympus Pen E-PL1

Thanks Jesse..the calendar is available for free (and it is nice, high-quality card-stock) if anyone wants one.
  23. NealinNevada

Tape scrapes on reel?

Is this on a TEAC machine? How do you adjust the height of the reel table on yours?
  24. NealinNevada

Tape scrapes on reel?

I measured the reel table heights before disassembly and they were exactly the same. I think adjusting the reel table to a specific take up reel is the answer...now to figure out how to do that without screwing something else up.
  25. NealinNevada

Tape scrapes on reel?

I have just finished restoring a TEAC A-6010 and man am I having a good time with it. I had forgotten how nice it was to have a R2R! There is one problem, which is slowly driving me nuts though. During quiet passages of music, I can occasionally hear either the take up or feed reel scraping...
Back
Top Bottom