Search results

1. bjarnetv

Technics SP-10---Show 'em off!

Me too obviously - now if only a cheap danish radio EMT would show up, i would have the entire scandinavian lineup covered ;) I think Sweden and Finland were the only countries to buy the fully specced broadcast sp10, but i could be wrong. Never seen them anywhere else, and they cost A LOT...
  2. bjarnetv

None at all, i dont even own a radio! Both came up for sale locally - the guy i got the technics from had bought a bunch of them from an old storage in Sweden and brought them over to Norway where he sold them off.
  3. bjarnetv

yeah, its got built in dual mono phono preamps, a monitor speaker and amplifier, plus a separate power supply, and of course remote start and fader. the technics has the same stuff, but its mostly hidden out back
  4. bjarnetv

the table was factory made by technics for swedish radio, so i'm sure its original. the parts number on the back says sftg102r01 indeed, it is a Norwegian broadcast TTS 3000. (sorry for the non sp-10 picture ;) )
  5. bjarnetv

This model has a large rubber mat that covers the sides of the platter, since the dj would need to rotate the platter around (a lot) to queue the songs and set the correct startup lead. (which is why it also has a separate brake release button)
  6. bjarnetv

Sony Servomatic TTS - 3000

Probably not. It's easier to just stop playing the older larger records, or keep one of the older TT's with a large platter around, in case you really needed to play some. Broadcast tables are designed to be foolproof and durable, and the ability to change arms quickly sound like a bad idea...
  7. bjarnetv

What TT's do you folks have

Bought a USM Haller unit, so now i finally have enough space for both my turntables! it's also got pull-out shelves for vinyl, which is a nice place to keep my favourite (most played) records. 1 by bjarnetv posted Aug 12, 2017 at 11:26 AM 2 by bjarnetv posted Aug 12, 2017 at 11:26 AM
  8. 2

9. 1

usm haller, technics sp10mk2p, sony tts-3000
  10. bjarnetv

If I was forced to only own one turntable for the rest of my life......

It was used by SR (Swedish Radio) Surprisingly enough for a broadcast table, it was actually made by technics themselves, and not a homebrew effort done by the broadcaster (as they usually were) I have read that they were horrendously expensive though, which might explain why most broadcasters...
  11. bjarnetv

the rear cage is just for protection and the front cage is the armlift. this is a broadcast model (sl1000mkIIp) so it has the power supply and riia integrated into the base plinth. on the left there is a monitor speaker and headphone amp, mono/stereo selector, remote/start and brake release button.
  12. bjarnetv

Great job on the design of the plinth, and the craftsmanship looks superb! To be honest i like look of the regular epa-100 on your table, as it really pops on top of the satin black plinth and sp10 - a black arm could quickly end up looking too stealthy and cheap. I do have a black epa-100p on...
  13. bjarnetv

Denon 103, 103R, 301......Which one would you get?

Compared to a AT33ptg/II the 103R definitely sounds a bit muffled in the upper frequency range. (i'm using raal ribbon tweeters, so its easy to hear the difference) It's a very musical and smooth cart though, so i like it anyway.
  14. bjarnetv

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

re-veneered my sp10mk2p, so now it matches the 700c :banana:
  15. bjarnetv

Is there a modern Nakamichi Dragon equivalent?

Well, as my table illustrates, off centre holes was enough of an issue that they made all the spindles thinner on the Swedish broadcast MKII's. i guess we need to find an old radio host to figure out if they used the function a whole lot though ;)
  16. bjarnetv

i think the MKIIA uses some unobtanium IC's, but the regular MKII everything is replaceable, as you mentioned.
  17. bjarnetv

the dragon definitely has an over engineered solution to offset spindle holes, but i guess broadcast studios would like it, as the go through a lot of records all day long. my broadcast SP10 has the low budget solution to the problem, with a thinner spindle, and a record weight with an...
  18. bjarnetv

What TT's do you folks have

broadcast TTS-3000 (NRK) and a broadcast sp-10mkII (Swedish Radio) Haven't tried the sp-10 yet, as i am waiting for the headshell to arrive. Looking forward to it, as i suspect it will be pretty good. could use some new veneer though ;)
  19. bjarnetv

Post a picture of your turntable

sony tts-3000a NRK broadcast deck from the late 60s sounds very good :)
  20. bjarnetv

Kenwood Supreme (500/600/650/700) informal user's group?

the extruded lamp is actually just a plastic dome and metal ring glued to the front. mine actually fell off one day and i had to glue it back on, so my guess is that yours just fell off as well. the original bulb on mine needed replacing, and the tech only had green ones laying around...
  21. bjarnetv

Pics of your listening space

tweeters are RAAL 140-50d dipole with autotech SEOS waveguides, mids are jantzen ja8008 and woofers are seas L26ROY. still working on the XO, but right now i cross the woofer/mid at LR8 240hz using a minidsp, and mid/tweeter passive at 2500hz LR4. woofers are mounted in an H-frame, and the...
  22. bjarnetv

too lazy to take a picture of it, and its stock is running kind of low now anyway. been drinking too much so only a laphroaig and ardbeg alligator left... and some aquavit of course :thmbsp:
  23. bjarnetv

Globe bar filled with single malt of course :D
  24. bjarnetv

ikea, second hand and vintage audio to the rescue! :banana: building speakers weren't cheap though: BB birch ply, veneer, huge seas woofers and especially those RAAL tweeters! it starts adding up really fast worth every penny though :thmbsp:
Back
Top Bottom