Search results

1. lasminit2

NAD C352 Integrated Amp / Snickering in the background / Need help!

Boy was this ever embarrassing. My wife and I were watching a basketball game last night, and I was trying to remove the cover from an NAD C352 integrated amp (not a thing wrong with it, it sounds great) so that I could adjust the offset and bias. I don't think the case has ever been...
  2. lasminit2

Sansui AU-717 / 517 / 919 sticking volume pot

Well, as our shared hobby goes, there's nothing much worse than the day your good old workhorse AU-717 (or fill in the blank) develops a case of Acute Volume Pot Seizure. There have been a couple of threads written on this subject, but the results seem inconclusive in some cases, or meandering...
  3. lasminit2

Yamaha A-U671

Please don't think I am bashing Yamaha! What a great company, and they seem very serious about bringing back a lot of their CA Series magic (AS-501, for example) at reasonable prices. So, I was checking out their website for a newer model (A-U671) when I saw these specs. Is this a Web Typo? If...
  4. lasminit2

EPI 200C 16mF Cap

Hi. I know that the standard cap in almost all EPI modules, with 8" Woofer and any of the original to late Seventies inverted dome Tweeters, is 10mF. I was amazed to see the diagram for the crossover on Human Speakers calling for a 15 or 16 mF in the 200. When I called to order some of his...
  5. lasminit2

Todays Funny "Great Condition" eBay story

I was fishing around on eBay to find a nice inexpensive tuner to match an amp when this excellent sounding ad popped up: "NAD Electronics C422 RDS Stereo Tuner GREAT CONDITION" Pretty stoked, I looked at the picture. Please see attached. In the ad, they do mention some "normal wear and tear"...
  6. lasminit2

Vertical Angle adjustment

It just goes to show how little things can make a big difference. I spent a few minutes today adjusting the vertical angle on the tonearm of a Sansui SR-838 with a Grado Silver cart. Somewhere, I read that Grados are really sensitive to VA adjustment, and I hadn't been super careful during...
  7. lasminit2

Tandberg TR2075 value?

I found one of these beauties at a nearby store, and the store owner says everything works, but it has not been gone over by a tech (to anyone's knowledge). The cabinet and faceplate are in A1 condition: it's really pretty.The lights all work. Could anyone venture a guess as to the value...
  8. lasminit2

Tannoy Mercury V4 just arrived

These speakers have interested me for some time, but I could never find a pair in the States to audition. They are "budget class" in the sense that they are well under $1000.00, and clearly higher end Tannoys are probably even better. Still, I have been looking for something that could rival my...
  9. lasminit2

TC electronic Ditto Looper

I attended the 2013 Winter NAMM Show. There was, of course, a lot of cool stuff, and lots of hype, and lots and lots of Signature Overpriced Bologna. Over at TC, they had a few interesting things, and I was interested in checking out their Flashback Delay as well as the Spark Booster (both...
  10. lasminit2

Advent A3 "New Large Advent" A3 via CL

Picked up some NLA's recently from CL seller. They were about $90 but that included some old camera parts, so I guess that considering the nice cabinets an OK deal. These are A3's. I went about the usual recapping using Clarity Caps and new resistors, leaving the inductor alone for now. I...
  11. lasminit2

Boston Acoustics A100 crossover help

I am in need of a Diagram or photo of a Boston Acoustics A100 crossover network. I let a nice pair of these go,greatly missed the darned things, and then found a free pair with one small caveat: the crossovers, and of course the attached speaker connectors, have been surgically removed (yanked...
  12. lasminit2

AR-2AX (How Not To Pack)

These AR-2AX speakers were packed by a "professional packer" for the eBayer I purchased them from: They were placed face to face in one box. There was nothing (yep, you read that right) between them. The tops, sides and bottoms had a single layer of medium bubble wrap added. The backs (facing...
  13. lasminit2

Yamaha C4 doesn't power up

Hi gang. I have a Yamaha C4 that was working (and sounding) great a few months ago, was stored for about 6 months (climate controlled) and now won't power up. :sigh: It isn't just the power light. Also, I checked the row of fuses near the transformer, and they all appear to be fine. Several...
  14. lasminit2

Sony PS-X600 wow!

What a surprise! I thought this would be a fun toy to mess with, but it actually sounds great. Better than great! Very Great! Still trying to figure out both how they did this way back then and how it can still be working so well. It just does. I'll post pix if anyone wants to see them. It...
  15. lasminit2

Ultrasone "Burn In Times"

A friend sells Ultrasone phones and received a bulletin from the factory rep stating that, although the phones will sound sweet initially, they will warm up and with alittle use. Here are the recommended "Break In" times: " Ultrasone headphones continue to improve with time. Below is a listing...
  16. lasminit2

Stanton Cartridges

Somewhere around the year 2000, I had the honor of traveling with Mr Ed Maidel, who was then sales manager at Stanton. The cartridges were still made in New York at that point, but the new owners were getting ready to move the operation to Florida, and make a more concerted push on the DJ...
  17. lasminit2

JICO VN45HE SAS replacement stylus comments

I was a bit hesitant to chance the money on an SAS replacement for a V15 Type IV I won on "that auction site". What if the cartridge is messed up inside? What if the stylus is really a repackaged Pfanstiehl (sp)? What if....etc. As it turns out, the stylus is just fabulous. It would be...
  18. lasminit2

Opinions on Quad 22L

A work bud of mine is going to be moving overseas and can't take his Quad 22L speakers. I heard them last week, but the room was full of packed boxes and one speaker was in a corner, the other almost mid room (NOT how they normally had these set up, but because of the move). Anyway, they...
  19. lasminit2

Sansui AU-11000 Wait! is that an extra knob??

I was looking at a Sansui AU-11000 on eBay that said it was in nice shape, except for one channel is out, and is a nice fixer-upper. However, something doesn't look quite right on the front panel. Is that an extra knob above the Input Selector on the right? Perhaps something extra was added to...
  20. lasminit2

AR LST speakers: parting out and tossing boxes??

This just absolutely dumbfounded me: he is parting out near-working AR LST's (4 of em) and tossing the cabs!!!!!!!!!(I blended his responses to questions for this AR LST ePay ad #300111256054) "Actually, about 2 tweeters were dead per speaker, and the surrounds were gone on the woofers...
  21. lasminit2

Yamaha M-Series Power Amps

I have heard that the M-Series (M-4, M-45, M-60, M-70, M-80 etc) were very good power amps. Still, it seems hard to find information on them. For many models, you can DL the owners manuals on the Yamaha site, and that will contain specs, etc. For example: what is the "X" power supply in the M-70...
  22. lasminit2

Needed: Sansui 9090DB Volume Pot

Hi All: Trying to save an otherwise beautiful Sansui 9090DB from going to the graveyard. All that is needed is the pot with a good straight shaft (don't need the knob). I am told it is the same combo balance/volume pot as the 80/80DB and some others in that series. Cheers! Richard
Back
Top Bottom