Search results

1. F

JBL L86 speakers

Picked up a set of these 6 or 7 years ago for $20. They sounded very nice for a week or two. The surrounds cracked. The surrounds seem to made of a plastic harder like material not rubber. Can I redo these with foam surrounds or do I need ones made from a different material ? Please recommend...
  2. F

Pandora

I see alot of posts about tidal & spotify but nothing about pandora. Is it not up to snuff with the others ?
  3. F

PROZOR DAC

Any reviews on the $15 Prozor 192K dac from amazon ? Youtube's cheapaudioman was raving about it.
  4. F

Outboard dac with a dvd player

Garbage picked a Sony 5 disc dvd player. Opened it up to find a movie jamed in it. Got the disc out and cleaned it up. Every thing seems to work fine. I noticed playing music cds does not sound as good as my Sony blue ray player. I wonder if a cheap dac would improve things. The dvd player has a...
  5. F

Advent maestro speakers

I am going to take a look at some Advent maestro speakers. They appear to be in exellent shape but need new surrounds. Any idea what to offer ? Thanks
  6. F

Subwoofer question

I have an Infinity BU-1 down firing 8" sub. It sits on heavy carpet w/padding. Could it help to put a piece of plywood under the sub ?
  7. F

Improve my streaming sound

I have a Yamaha RX-570 reciever & a Sony 5 disc cd/dvd player. I stream pandora/spotify/tidal (all free with ads versions) thru a Roku unit. I would like to improve my sound quality. Would a dac or dedicated streamer or something else improve things? Any advice would be helpful understanding...
  8. F

Parts Express Classix 2 speaker kit

I am looking at Parts Express Classix 2 kit. Any thoughts or experience with these ? Thanks
  9. F

Andover Audio Songbird

Looking at this streamer. I listen to pandora & spotify mostly. I use a roku unit connected to a vintage receiver & my tv to find the music I want. With the songbird will I get better performace ? Can I connect my blue ray player to the songbird & will it help ?
  10. F

Am I living in the past ?

Does anybody make an 8" woofer 2way speaker that not to much money ? Bookshelf or floor standing, sealed or ported. It seems eveything I see starts with a 6-1/2" or smaller. Back in the 1970's 8" woofer/2 way was where started.
  11. F

Will a dac help ?

I am using a Marantz 2225 receiver & a Sony MVP-NC600 dvd player. I stream Spotify & Pandora thru a Roku unit. Would adding a cheap dac improve the quality of the music ?
  12. F

Crosley c6 vs Uturn orbit

Seen this crosley c6 on amazon for $113. Specs about the same as Uturn but with a better cartridge & pre-amp. Anyone seen this turntable & what do you think ?
  13. F

Technics SL-1400/AT LS500

I got a mint sl-1400 at S/A 5 or 6 years ago for $10. It has a A-T ls500 cartridge that I would like to replace the stylus but the cheapest I can find is a lp gear for $90. Does anyone know of a source for a cheaper replacement ? Is this a good cartridge ? Thanks
  14. F

Bose 301 x two

Has anyone stacked 2 pair of bose 301's ? I believe they are 8 ohm speakers. With 2 of these per side I should have 4 ohms. I wonder how thjos would sound. I might have bose 602 speakers. lol
  15. F

Cambridge Soundworks Esemble 2

Picked up a Cambridge Soundworks Esemble 2. Woofer need need 2 new foams. Satilites both need new foam. Are these speakers worth the work ? Satilites have a 3-1/2 woofers. Any ideas a source for these ? Thanks
  16. F

Advent maestro vs. legacy speakers

I have a line on both these speakers for cheap. What one performs the best ? Both need new foam. Like the size of the Legacy but do have room for the maestros. Which one would you choose ?
  17. F

DO I NEED A DAC ?

I have a Marantz 2225 & a Yamaha RX-570 vintage recievers. I am using a sony blue ray player for cd's & stream spotify & pandora thru a Roku unit. I am assuming the sony & roku have dac's in them and the recievers do not. Could I get better quality using a separate dac like a Shiite $99 type ...
  18. F

Rip CD's & burning a copy

Do you lose much quality burning copies of cd's ? I would use windows media player.
  19. F

cd player vs. blue-ray player

Would a cd only player sound better than a blue-ray player ?
  20. F

marantz 2225 vs cambridge audio am 10

I have a Marantz 2225 receiver that works good. I am looking at a Cambridge Audio am 10 intergrated amp open box from the manufacter. Since I don't need FM & the am10 has a little more power (35 watts per channel compared to 25 watts , more inputs & a remote it looks appealing. My question is do...
  21. F

Marantz 2225 vs Cambridge audio am 10

I have a Marantz 2225 receiver that works good. I am looking at a Cambridge Audio am 10 intergrated amp open box from the manufacter. Since I don't need FM & the am10 has a little more power (35 watts per channel compared to 25 watts , more inputs & a remote it looks appealing. My question is...
  22. F

Stanton 681eee stylus

Looking for a cheap needle for a 681EEE cartridge. I checked voice of music and they have a few but with one is the best ? I guess there are many other sources. Any suggestions would be welcome.
  23. F

Yamaha RX-570

I have just picked up a Yamaha receiver. It is very dusty. All the knobs make a lot of noise and cut in and out. Can I spray contact cleaner in the small hole next to the pot shaft from the front ? Any other advise would be quite helpful. Thanks
  24. F

Cheap reciever

I've been looking at a new 2 channel receiver for a basement system. The emotive ta-100 and the Cambridge audio sr10 look cool but at $400 I would like to go cheaper. I am now looking at the Onyko TX-8020 for $140. It has all the imputs I want & enough power. Any thoughts on sound quality,build...
  25. F

AUDIOSOURCE AMP100VS

I was looking for opinions on this audiosource amp. I will be using EPI 100's & JBL L86 speakers for a 2 channel set up. The only thing missing is a headphone jack. Will I need a headphone amp ? It sounds so cheap for what it is. Thanks
Back
Top Bottom