Search results

1. cdk99

How use a NAD PP4 preamp to make CDs

I don't know that NAD, but you need to run an adapter from the line out RCA's to the input mini-jack on the Mac. If it has one. If it doesn't you need an adapter to USB plug most likely. The Mac also needs to be set to use that input, I like a little program called SoundSource which sets that...
  2. cdk99

New project: Micro Seiki DDX-1000 overhaul

Beautiful! Thrust plate is what the platter shaft rides on. That round plate with screws in the 4th and 5th photos.
  3. cdk99

asilker's TD 124 build thread

BTW, I was missing a rivet on my 135. A chromed tack has a head that is very close in size and appearance.
  4. cdk99

Screw size for Shure V15

My local Ace has them in metric sizes in "the little drawers". Needed perfect lengths for a Thorens shell.
  5. cdk99

Orbitrac with Discwasher pads!

It doesn't if used wet, you are correct. But it does if used for a quick dry dust swipe. While a folded/rolled microfiber cloth typically doesn't, at least for me. Live in very dry climate, so might be part of that.
  6. cdk99

MMF-2 motor noise

If they are resigned to possibly losing it anyway, might be worth trying stronger measures to get inside the motor. I'm sure we'd all be interested in the guts. Meanwhile a note to Mr Hall might work out... http://musichallaudio.com/contact-us/
  7. cdk99

Any info on a Bose T-6000 turntable?

Nice Empire on there! Good find!
  8. cdk99

MMF-2 motor noise

You know far more than I do, and I haven't seen one of those motors, so this is general. If you have some moly additive for lube oil (use very sparingly) it will fill in voids a little bit, and is sturdy enough for motor vehicle gear surfaces. I have also found that Rotella T-6 tends to quieten...
  9. cdk99

Some FLACs

I'll watch my bandwidth. I can pull the link in a moment if needed.
  10. cdk99

Some FLACs

Nice! Mine takes 45-75 seconds from disengaging 33.3, depending on what I've done with the bearing and what lube I'm trying. I polished the stock bearing by hand and polished the tracks in the spindle, then put something to fill in the dimple, I think it was a tiny bearing ball from my...
  11. cdk99

Some FLACs

I've been evangelising about FLAC in general and put some up for a new acquaintance to try. Thought maybe someone here would be interested in my humble efforts. Kind of an odd assortment. DL-160 on a TD-135 with stock arm in a heavy plinth. EDIT: Due to lack of interest and my unlikelihood of...
  12. cdk99

Orbitrac with Discwasher pads!

Interesting, hadn't heard of these. The results don't seem much different from a discwasher, and both have that leftover dust line. Which I now swab up with a dry folded and rolled microfiber cloth. And honestly, I think it does most of the work in my regimen. In a way the discwasher was an...
  13. cdk99

Cleaning an ultrasonic cleaner before first use?

I'd wipe it out with alcohol to pull any oils off the metal. But yeah, otherwise you'll see if there's something hiding once you turn it on.
  14. cdk99

Denon DL-160.... for those that have tossed them away in a drawer

I think I bought a spare, speculation piece from the end of the Comet era. Have thought about the 301 more than once. Thanks, AudioJag, I'm guessing more detail without losing that wide stage? To clarify about the stylus size a bit, for some reason my 160 has worked well with well-used...
  15. cdk99

Denon DL-160.... for those that have tossed them away in a drawer

Thank you! I've been thinking that I'll miss mine when the time comes. I think Denon is making a mistake discarding the small-diamond carts; they are probably harder to assemble. Did SS use the same size stylus? Mind giving a rough cost and time for the work?
  16. cdk99

Comparison: Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2 vs. iFI micro iPhono2 (lossless samples inside)

I prefer the voice with the DS2. Instruments are more of a tossup.
  17. cdk99

The Infamous Marantz SLT-12 (again)...

I'd just like to see one in person someday. Esp if operating. Wonder if the Revox guys had one in their offices at one point.
  18. cdk99

Luxman PX-100 direct drive TT - CL find

I like my PX99, it's quiet. You did well. Only tricky part is aligning the cart with that printed template. Be gentle with the headshell.
  19. cdk99

Which ADC for vinyl ripping would you recommend?

How do you adapt your line-in's to work with it? Looks like FR have Mic inputs only.
  20. cdk99

Audio Technica LP3 Turntable

Doesn't matter where you start, as long as you don't hurt your records. That way you can play them on your new table someday and wow at the difference. It's an attractive table. Some of those Stanton DJ tables had a short straight arm which isn't the best for fidelity, so you're moving up. Let...
  21. cdk99

Questions about Dynaco Mk 3

I offered to set them up and bias them for his outlet voltage, which was reportedly lower. Since he owns an ST-70 I didn't press it. Some people don't want strangers to visit their homes. I am still not sure why there is animosity toward the buyer in replies here. It seems anti-AK. Every...
  22. cdk99

I'm also a little sad that two nice cloth-wrapped Dynacos are being used by a tech to rip someone off. Feeling huge regret about the sale now. I had other buyers but this one was closest and I wanted them to be safer by not being shipped. Thank you all for your helpful replies. I have huge...
  23. cdk99

I don't know that they were restored in soundmotor's sense of the word. I didn't restore them, but work had been done and it was clean. Functionally perfect from my standpoint, but the only Dynaco's I've owned. Cosmetics were okay, clean but not polished. Here's one of the ads I put up, the...
  24. cdk99

This just in from buyer, likely a bit of a translation from what his tech told him... "Bad tubes Chokes are bad - enamel on the wires wore off, disintegrated Output transformer bad - should have 12 rings, getting 1 on one amp, 0 on the other. Input transformer should be changed. Driver board...
  25. cdk99

Thanks to all of you for taking time. I've been thinking the same things, and it helps when someone else says it. The buyer is a great guy, loves audio, and has been saying patient things, but the tech is a friend of his. So I'm being diplomatic about questioning the diagnosis, but I got the...
Back
Top Bottom