Search results

1. rickwood

Quasi-noob from Massachusetts

Thanks for the welcomes guys! :)
  2. rickwood

North of Worcester... the computer is great, just need to get the audio up to snuff. Also need some games and stuff to make the computer useful. :) Crappy pics:
  3. rickwood

Hi guys, I was a noobie member here back in '05 under the handle "rickwood". I have always had big aspirations for a nice PC-audio based home theater setup, but since I was in college back then I didn't exactly have the cash to follow my dreams. Fast forward four years and I'm a...
  4. rickwood

Long term way to store cd's?

Compact discs are made primarily of plastic, nickel, and silver. The plastic is polycarbonate and it falls under the "thermoplastic" family. This particular polymer offers high impact strength, creep resistance, and high strength retention at elevated temperatures. It would take temperatures...
  5. rickwood

PC as source component

Sorry to bring this thread back, I will be happy to switch to a new one if need be. I've been trying new DSPs with winamp and I've found the 4Front EQ10 to be the best so far. I think it acts in conjunction with winamps equalizer and allows for finer resolution control of low frequencies...
  6. rickwood

PC as source component

reel: any reason dfx (freeware) would make my music sound worse? I really find it makes more of my 4,300 tracks harsh and bright across all genres. On occasion, it widens the soundstage a bit and adds some depth, but very rarely. Like I said in my previous post, winamp sounds better than...
  7. rickwood

PC as source component

reel: Since I have an ipod i have been using itunes as my player but i figured i would re-install winamp and download dfx to try it out. I think that the switch to winamp might have made the biggest difference but the dfx made the highs sound harsh even at half regular volume. Maybe it's...
  8. rickwood

PC as source component

My '99 Compaq presario has been assigned music duty. The integrated audio headphone out is patched to my 5.1 reciever and although it picks up some noise, fidling with line level and reciever volume generally yields decent sound. I try to keep 192kbps as my minimum bitrate. I am currently...
  9. rickwood

To Sonos or not?

Hi all, Being a poor college student has kept me from getting the higher end equipment i would like. However, the T3 internet connection on campus allowed me to download more music than I ever needed (maxed out my poor old compaq's 16GB harddrive). My current setup is PC(onboard...
Back
Top Bottom