Search results

1. Satcom123

Need some SERIOUS Prayers and MOJO from AK'ers! Wife Critical.

I've been out of the loop here on AC. Just read the whole thread Larry. So sorry to hear about this. My prayer train has started. God keep you well and may His hand be on hers.
  2. Satcom123

The VA is going to Issue ID cards to ALL! Veterans

Yes thanks for the info. On my Green military ID it says INDEF. Ha! on the back it has an expiration date of Nov this year. Yes still trying to get hearing aids from local VA. Guess I'll have to get another ID card.
  3. Satcom123

What happened to tapeheads?

Note: Post from Feb 2017 - I tried to log on the tapeheads.org and seems the domain name is up for sale. Can't get to the site.
  4. Satcom123

Vintage film cameras

Here is my Nikon F2A I bought new I think in 1980.
  5. Satcom123

Anyone shooting film these days ?

Yes I have a Nikon F2A with all the lenses and everything. I haven't used it in close to 10 years. Was thinking of just putting it all on Ebay.
  6. Satcom123

Cleaning an automatic coffee maker

I recently bought a Bunn "heat and release" coffee maker. I like the fact that it is fresh water every time one makes a pot of coffee. It takes about 5 minutes to make a pot of coffee.
  7. Satcom123

Yea I didn't realize the sludge was in there until I opened it up. Was really surprised. It was a bun coffee maker.
  8. Satcom123

ID this AKAI

:needpics:
  9. Satcom123

Its been my experience that using those products and vinegar does a good job at removing sediment but will not remove the sludge that accumulates over time in the heating tank. I have actually taken apart a couple of drip coffee makers and on one of them it had at least two handfuls of slimy...
  10. Satcom123

What's Cooking for the 4th?

Well I got 8 NY strip steaks. Along with burgers and hot dogs. Made some kick arse noodle salad from recipe on chef Johns show. I'm making the BBQ beans right now from scratch. I just love cooking. Bought some Lost Lake beer. Having some friends and family coming over. Happy Independence Day...
  11. Satcom123

Where and how to access manuals.

Well for the life of me I cannot find where the audiokarma equipment manual lists are. It's the ones that people post service manuals and such. I can't find it. Can someone help? Thank you
  12. Satcom123

Do you listen to your R2R every day?

I listen to mine about every day. 1 to 2 hrs.
  13. Satcom123

Motor problems with Akai x150d reel to reel

What I would do is remove the belt from the motor and try spinning the motor by hand. It should move freely. If not, I would oil the front and rear bearings. See if that helps. Sounds like the motor run cap has gone south. That is probably why the motor got hot or either there was no oil on the...
  14. Satcom123

Teac 3440S starts dragging after about 45 minutes

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I thought the two different value capacitances were, one for 50 Hz and the other for 60 Hz operation. Not for the speed.
  15. Satcom123

Sci-Fi Films (...lesser known and off the beaten track...)

I like most of the movies posted here. One movie I really like is
  16. Satcom123

Sansui 3000A circuit protect board

Hello. I have a Sansui 3000A receiver that has left channel blown. After a lot of checking on the internet I found that a service bulletin back in the day was sent out to have a circuit card installed to prevent full DC to the speakers which blows them. I have looked at the service bulletin but...
  17. Satcom123

Please help with my new to me reel to reel

I would stay away from monkieing with the head adjusting screws. Usually they are set at the factory and never need adjusting. Just saying.
  18. Satcom123

What is leader tape and timing tape for R2R?

Yes I've always used leader tape. Really helps to protect the tape IMO. I use Green and red.
  19. Satcom123

National Geographic abandons nonprofit status after Murdoch deal

Yes toups. Time will tell. Didn't realize this happened. I really liked National Geographic. Grew up on the television series each week. And their specials with I thought all were very special. I subscribed to their magazine on and off over the years. Had a lot of full sized maps pinned on my...
  20. Satcom123

Anyone doing a garden?

All I'm doing this year is an herb garden in the front yard.
  21. Satcom123

Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

I love grouper fish. Remember catching a lot of them in Biloxi Ms. in the late 70's. Wow, 14 dollars a pound. love how thick it is jimfet but I like malt vinegar on mine.
  22. Satcom123

How's this for old, Teac 4010s

Well, I haven't seen any "minty" one's going for $75.00 but you never know what craigslist comes up with. :smoke:
  23. Satcom123

Massive amount of reel to reel tape on Craigslist

Yes he is a member here. Great guy. He seems to get his hands on some pretty good stuff. He is a tech extraordinaire.:bowdown:
  24. Satcom123

What do you do with your R2Rs?

I mainly use a RtR for making mixed tapes. I have a Teac A-6300 for my daily player. Listen to a lot of Jazz and some rock.
Back
Top Bottom