Search results

1. blue_lateral

Happy Birthday, blue_lateral!

Thanks, Guys!! :banana: John
  2. blue_lateral

Antepenultimate composition triumphs.

It was just uhhh.... Tea. :D Red Rose I believe. I hadn't had any hot tea in a long time. Really hit the spot. It's been too hot for that most of the summer. John
  3. blue_lateral

Antepenultimate composition triumphs.

Well, i don't smoke a pipe like some of you, but I think I will put on a pot of tea.... and some music of course.... Not a bad idea. :music: .
  4. blue_lateral

Jackson Browne

I love that track. Good pick. :thmbsp: John
  5. blue_lateral

Vinyl in Seattle??

There used to be a huge vinyl store on University Way in the university district. It was south of 45th, maybe a block or two, and on the west side of the street. Prices were kinda high on the "good stuff", but there were definitely bargains to be found digging around in the bins. They have...
  6. blue_lateral

Julie Miller...

"a kiss on the lips" is a great tune..... John
  7. blue_lateral

Hi, new here!

Welcome! Theres plenty fans of old color here. Youll fit right in. :thmbsp: John
  8. blue_lateral

Monster Cable vs coathangers?

Of course I can tell the difference. With the Monster Cables, my shirts fall on the floor.
  9. blue_lateral

Wang

I wonder if anyone told them what "CRS" means? I suppose they forgot to.... Around the same time, RCA was selling a line of components called "Dimensia", and no, I'm not making that up :D John
  10. blue_lateral

Artists/groups with the best three albums to start their career

well... the rules as laid out by the OP were.... in part....
  11. blue_lateral

Tough, aint it? VANDENBERG Vandenberg Heading for a Storm Alibi
  12. blue_lateral

Surrealiistic Pillow has at least two covers, White Rabbit and Somebody to Love. Yeah, Grace sang them, but with the Great Society.... John
  13. blue_lateral

Types of Solder ??

Whet he said. ^^ Radio Shack has 60-40 rosin core that works just fine. Some other brands are better, but its not THAT big of a difference. Radio Shack also has useless crap, and some things in-between. They sell a lot of different kinds of solder. Check the label. Be sure it's 60/40 (or 63/37)...
  14. blue_lateral

Do we have an Emergency Plan should AK disappear?

Actually, theres an old AK server floating around somewhere. Anybody got the IP address? (I would have to fire up my old broken laptop to get it). John
  15. blue_lateral

URGENT-All Tube Newbies and Speaker Wire Length

It does make a big difference, and if you think about the impedance of the wire you can see why. The speaker and the wire are just a series circuit. Also, the lower impedance your speakers are, the more this matters, because wire impedance becomes a larger percentage of the total. You can have...
  16. blue_lateral

Creepiest commercials ever. Now, Seriously.

Nobody from Seattle in this thread yet? Be sure to honk when you drive by Vern Fonk..... :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pxMdsv-AfQ&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uitLlXxQSoE&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3SCvDT0keQ&feature=related...
  17. blue_lateral

A Bit Flummoxed About My Frickin' Flux!

Yes, avoid the acid entirely. Usually the flux in rosin core solder is plenty. Rosin paste flux can be handy stuff to have occasionally, and Radio Shack does have it: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049774&cp=&sr=1&origkw=rosin&kw=rosin&parentPage=search John
  18. blue_lateral

The "Titanic Fallacy"

A titanic one? Geez. I don't think I'd want to have one that hits an iceberg and then sinks. John
  19. blue_lateral

Next item to try....solder, need advice

Use the leaded stuff. Get 60/40 (not 40/60) or 63/37. It is far easier to work with. John
  20. blue_lateral

Crappy house electrical.

In a typical American house, with a single-phase 240v service, there are two hot wires or 'legs' coming from the pole, and a neutral. The legs measure 240 volts between the two, or 120v from either one to neutral. Normally 120 volt loads should be split evenly between the two, ie half the 120v...
  21. blue_lateral

Tektronix 301A

Tek scopes of that period are the finest vacuum tube based equipment ever made. Many of them cost as much as a car in those days. If you have opened it up, I'm sure you can see why it was so expensive. I use a 535 as my main bench scope. I do have another scope with higher bandwidth for...
  22. blue_lateral

Office space.

Anybody seen my stapler?
  23. blue_lateral

'Mats Re-Issue Part I - Due April 22

Thanks for the heads up! :thmbsp: John
  24. blue_lateral

Happy Birthday, ozmoid!

Happy birthday Todd! Hope it was a good one. John .
Back
Top Bottom