Search results

1. burmashave

bpj911 and his Eico HF85

is now my Eico HF 85 preamp. Sounds great. Thanks man...I love it.
  2. burmashave

Sansui G5000 question

is $400 a stupid good price or just ok?
  3. burmashave

dbxdb5 is 100% great

a first gen Sherwood tuner that replicates one I used to have and- it's pristine it was packed to survive got here in two days I highly recommend being a buyer if dbxdb5 is the seller!
  4. burmashave

What's New in Your LP Library?

What's the last last/latest LP you acquired and is it as good as you hoped for. I'll start. Tori Amos "Under The Pink". Never heard it on vinyl before. It's awesome. I can hear the pedals on the piano. Atlantic 180 gm . Not a dissapointment at all. Participating in this will help all who...
  5. burmashave

Total isolation

New to my man cave is the total solution. 10 patio tiles with an appropriate topper. An isolation platform/5 layers:2 3/4” mdf, rubber sheet, 2 more 3/4” mdf. 8” innertube. Scout table with feet removed. I hear everything. Every nuance. It’s amazing. $100 for the platform, $40 for the patio...
  6. burmashave

Even on the road

Sanyo Plus Q45 in the space originally designed for the crt tv that died a long time ago. Boston Acoustic A60’s in the cabinets. Kenwood KA 4002 integrated. Sounds great and it’s a pleasure to travel and be able to enjoy vinyl.
  7. burmashave

SL 1600 tweak

I removed the pan under the platter to service the table and put a lp on without putting the pan back on. I was sure I heard a sonic improvement so I went back and forth listening. There is no doubt in my mind it livens up the sonics with it uninstalled. Anybody else try this?
  8. burmashave

Fixed SL 1600 Full Auto Fail-step by step fix

any of you who have an SL1600 with a non functioning full auto, where the tonearm goes across the record rather than the beginning of the lp, I successfully fixed mine just now and I'm jazzed. Anybody who has this failure and wants to know what the fix is, pm me and I'll talk you through it...
  9. burmashave

B model question

Why is the 22xxb series considered lesser? Is it sonically? Is it maintenance issues? A combination of both? Is it across the board? Thanks in advance. Just trying to learn something.
  10. burmashave

KG4 question

anybody bi-amping their kg4's? Is it possible just to get to the xover internally and split the horn from the woofers?
  11. burmashave

New to me table-Technics SL1600

Just scored this last night for my bedroom system. $157 shipped. I had one exactly like it 37 years ago. Advertised as in near mint condition and the pics show that. Here's the caveat....the seller had zero feedback so I'm nervous. Everybody has to start somewhere. I've had 3 turntables...
  12. burmashave

BradleyS-tech extraordinaire

was camping for a week near Canton, Ohio, very near where BradleyS lives. I dropped off two tube preamps, both with a channel out and he fixed them before I left town and I saved shipping charges and got my babies back so easily and painlessly!! Thank you again my friend. My tech for life...
  13. burmashave

Grace or Micro Seiki?

without regard to cartridge , only considering performance, which tonearm would you rather have? A Grace 707 in good condition and includes the cable, or a Micro Seiki MA 303 without the cable, also in good condition. I can make a cable. I intend to use this on a VPI Scout. Thanks in advance
  14. burmashave

Grace 707 on a Scout

anybody have experience with this combination?
  15. burmashave

TM3 pmount opinions

I have one. I like it quite well. Where does it fit in the hierarchy of AT pmount carts?
  16. burmashave

Best Pmount ever! PSA-Have Now Been Told I'm Wrong . Still Awesome

I just received a nos p mount AT 450. Came in a case with all the goodies. It sounds as good, or better, than AT33ptg/ll and an AT0C9/2 i had. I’m not joking and no affiliation. I bought another just now and I will never need another. This guy is in TX and I think he has about 60 left. PM me if...
  17. burmashave

Super tweeter

I didn’t need more detail, but I thought wouldn’t mind more either. Found out about super tweeters. Did some research and wasn’t prepared to spend $300 to try the idea. But I found one with great reviews. Ordered 2 tweeters, 2 Lpads. $55 approx. 2 cigar boxes and a little labor. Spent more time...
  18. burmashave

I Just Scored Something Special!

1978 nm copy of The Beatles White Album. So what's so special, well first, it's on the purple Capital label, my favorite. Second, the vinyl is WHITE! How cool is that? Didn't even know there was such a thing and now it's coming my way. Just had to say something cuz I'm jazzed.
  19. burmashave

Schiit Loki Review

This a review of the Schiit Loki add on tone controls. For many, this is a device you will never consider. That’s great. This review isn’t intended to sway you, but it’s intended for anybody who has considered a preamp with no tone controls, and then ultimately wanted them. I have a Rogue...
  20. burmashave

6SN7 reviews

don’t know if this has been seen here before but I was hoping people will weigh in with their own reviews https://www.stereophile.com/content/best-6sn7-1
  21. burmashave

Home Roasters take a peek

For those AK’ers who are also home roasters, I just came across this and I wanted to share. This is from an email from Burman coffee traders, no affiliation other than I buy coffee from them from time to time. I’m going to buy some of this. This price is great and so is the enterprise. “Rwanda...
  22. burmashave

BradleyS audio tech of my future

i sent BradleyS a Fisher 481A console pull in need of complete restore. Got it back in incredibly fast time. His work is impeccable. I’ve been to his home workshop and I can tell you he is prepared for whatever you might send him. I highly recommend Brad for all your repairs. He is in Canton OH...
  23. burmashave

CT JIm is a Pro

bought s Nak CR1A deck. Arrived packed as bomb proof as I’ve seen. Deck is in great condition and Jim was super easy to deal with, as usual. Thanks Jim. Much appreciatef!
  24. burmashave

Fisher 481A question

My console pull doesn't have the big resistor compensating for the lack of a preamp hooked up to the power supply as I've read is necessary. The amp sounds great but is blowing tubes way early, which I'm guessing is because of the lack of this necessary mod. I have taken a pic of the underside...
  25. burmashave

need tube amp tech

anybody local to Detroit that can be recommended to restore a Fisher 481a? It sounds great but keeps blowing out el84's way too soon. Nothing is red plating and the sound is fine. Would appreciate any advice.
Back
Top Bottom