Search results

1. M

Grammy's Salute to the BEATLES

All in All I thought it was a real good show and enjoy it. I have to agree with jcamero; it would have been better if they showed the entire Ed Sullivan before.
  2. M

Some Empire Turntable History

I have not seen the connector you are speaking of, can you provide a link to it? medicmike
  3. M

Hello From Ohio

Welcome; nice refinish job on the console. I live in Toledo as well...and yes there are a lot of places to locate vintage gear and Lp's in the Toledo area. I see from your name that you are a hunter as well, lot of that around here too. Be glad to share some information and ideas on where to...
  4. M

Thorens 126 MK III vs Empire 698

Both are nice tables. The Empire is bone stock and will just keep on getting more difficult to find or replace in it's condition. On the other hand you can change tonearms or "play" with the Thorens and not feel guilty about making changes or expermenting. Can't beat the looks of the Empire, it...
  5. M

Harley Davidson Audio

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but...does anyone out there have any ideas, thoughts, or sugestions for doing audio up-grades to Harley Davidson factory stereo / speaker systems without going the "buy from the dealer" route"? I have a 2013 Electra Glide Classic and would...
  6. M

Mark Kohler's son Adam passed away

Mark and family, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. From our family to yours; I wish to express our symathy and condolences to you. You are in our prayers. Michael
  7. M

Motorcycle with no baffles.

I ride a Harley Davidson, it is louder than the majority of other stock street bikes, but it doesn't sound like what you are describing here. I like to consider other people out there as well. Big problem is too many people have their own agenda while driving and don't pay attention, period...
  8. M

Empire 598

Nice score! Looks to be in great shape. enjoy.
  9. M

Too well known?

Felix, I always enjoy reading anything you post. You provide great information and are always willing to share your knowledge and experience unselfishly. My hat is off to you for that, some people are not willing to share anything, perhaps they are jealous or insecure. I believe this is a place...
  10. M

Accuphase receivers...

My first audio investment was an Onkyo reciever. My second was a new E-202 and T101; really big jump in sound and quality. All I have ever owned since that first E-202 and still own is Accuphase. No I can't shell out the cost now for new ones but I have had my tech re-cap everything I own and...
  11. M

Digital scale - who has bought one recently, and where?

I bought one at the jewelry supply store my wife gets stuff at for school, it was about $15.00 and works great.
  12. M

Empire 980 Cartridge Carrier

Yes it is possible to make these again. While I now work in Emergency Medicine, I spent 28 years working as a tool & die maker, before making a change. I have figured out how to make these from scratch...the problem is the cost of an injection mold to mass produce this part is not an option. A...
  13. M

AK Fest 2012 - Real World Audio

Pay in advance might be a good way to determine if it can happen or not. When do you want my money?
  14. M

Hearing aids and high fidelity

Glad to hear you have a positive result. I was fitted with custom in the ear hearing aids which also produced a masker sound to cover up the ringing or tinnitus I have. This was back in the early 80's. They were not much, the sound was not natural at all. I have no doubt there are much better...
  15. M

Hearing Loss and you...

I have had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. I thought is was what everyone heard. I first found out at the age of 12 that it was not what everyone heard. I have tried several Doctors and treatments with no success for me. I was fitted with hearing aids...not for hearing loss, but to...
  16. M

Mitsubishi Gear, WOW!

I have a DF-F20 tuner I use in a second system; it looks new and sounds great. Got it new and still have all the paperwork and receipt but, like I my Accuphase T-101 a bit better. I had the Accuphase gone over and many caps replaced...plus it matches the Accuphase pre-amp and amp in my main...
  17. M

Cleaning Album Covers/Gate Folds?

I use Pledge Clean & Shine on all the covers I clean and store. My routine is to give the album a good cleaning with my VPI 16.5, or what ever method you use. Then I listen to the album while cleaning the cover with the Pledge Clean & Shine. Any record sleeves that come with the album other than...
  18. M

Empire 208 Project Begins

Very nice work Joe! I have been thinking about doing something myself with some spare Empire parts I have here. I don't have enough to put together another complete table. I can only hope it will turn out as nice as your work of art. When you spend some time to really compare the custom Empire...
  19. M

Grab bag of small screws

I find a lot of stuff at the local hobby store that sells trains, slot cars, R.C. airplanes and such. They have a huge selection of small screws, oils and grease for plastic and all sorts of stuff that you can use. McMaster Carr has about any size screw and nut in any material but, you have to...
  20. M

New Guy From Alberta

Welcome, glad to have you.
  21. M

Hello from Canton, OH

Welcome from Toledo. medicmike
  22. M

Some Empire Turntable History

davidk5, The belt size (length) is a big deal in my experience; I have had good results using Turntable needles.com for all of my belt needs. I have two 598's, a 698, and a 498 currently in the re-build process, and have re-built a 298 for a couple in the Cleveland area. I also do replace the...
  23. M

Empire 598II CL find. Very nice condition

Nice find! The Empire bug strikes again. I was a toolmaker for many years and have my own guage blocks that I use to set the tonearm height. I makes it a breeze to remove the tonearm and get it back to the exact height every time. The next best thing I know of will work very well if you just...
  24. M

MP3 newbie needs advise

Thank you for the information. I checked it out and have one on the way, the HiFiMam HM-602. medicmike
  25. M

MP3 newbie needs advise

I am new in the portable music player market and looking to buy my first MP3 player. I need your thoughts on what to look at or buy. I am currently using my Droid X phone but need a dedicated player for travel because I sometimes am out of the country and can’t always use my phone. I have a pair...
Back
Top Bottom