Search results

1. R

How hard is it to 'racoon my woogers" (Mach II's)

Mine WERE--till recently....and it seems that the foam is RAPIDLY crumbling on them. Cones are fine and all else--just surround foam. I WILL check out the google videos. Spiders and VC's all ok--so alignment should not be TOO much of a problem--with the spider intact...right?
  2. R

How hard is it to 'racoon my woogers" (Mach II's)

well after over 25 wonderful years of service...my Mach II speakers are FINALLY having "wooger" problems. Like many I am sure...the foam is crumbing on all 4 of them. I have never attempted to re-foam a woofer. I can get kits to do so on Ebay...but I am not sure how difficult it would be...
  3. R

Old article regarding Carver magnetic field amps..

While playing around recently....I stumbled across an article in radio electronics, 1979 issue, april. It described the then-new carver technology of magnetic field amplifiers. Len Feldman wrote it. What was describes in the article is MUCH different...then the way I THOUGHT magnetic field...
  4. R

Why did this happen (6BQ5 P-P amp)

I have wondered about this for many years now. Over 30 years ago....I had a small tube amplifier--IIRC, it may had been a VM. It was from a 'shopping find", and I pulled it from the cabinet and took it home, sometime close to thanksgiving of 1984. it used a P-P pair of 6BQ5 amp tubes--not...
  5. R

Smoking Deal Silvertone Goodwill..Model?

I am going to replace the electrolytic cap anyway--even though there is little hum. Over 50 years of service is long enough. Likely I will hide modern caps under the chassis--and I may put a 100/350 or so in place of the 40 uf one--and a pair of 47uf/350 for the two 47uf ones. A 22/450 which I...
  6. R

Well...this one ALSO works--as-is!! Of course--there is MUCH LESS...worth actually listening to on the radio than there was in 1982. back then...there were a LOT or actual " rock and roll' stations actually PLAYING rock music--all over the FM band. Also a number of instrumental stations that I...
  7. R

I know this is an OLD thread...but I am posting this because I too...just got my hands on one of these chassis. I spoke about this some time ago--on "your first stereo" thread. THIS was it. It took me nearly 25 YEARS---to finally get one like the one I had in the early 1980's...which got...
  8. R

Console stereos - any interest?

Mainly the bigger one are ok. Of the major brands--RCA and Zenith in particular had a FEW nice console amps in their stereos. The well-known "molina" style Zenith of the late '60's with the seperate amp was NOT bad at all. It had large sinks on TO-3 germanium outputs driving a 15" 3 way...
  9. R

THIS ONE will soon be mine... Pretty sure it has the "good amp" the one with P_P 6BQ5 amp outs. Cabinet is not too good, but not real bad. ALso has the em84 eye tube. RCA 4VF series Getting it for $40, will pick it up next month, after the ETF convention. Already have one like it, do not...
  10. R

Just acquired a NEW Peavey CS-4000 amp...missing only ONE thing!!

As promised...pictures!! And some NICE pictures indeed!!
  11. R

Just acquired a NEW Peavey CS-4000 amp...missing only ONE thing!!

And that is the CASE. it was a physical damage unit, and the case was not available evidently. SO, ALL of the electronic components were saved, down to the fans, cables, controls, that 25+ pound toroid tranny and even the speaker connectors!! ALL it needs to be a SUPER DUPER amp--is a case...
  12. R

Hammond L-103 organ--keep it or strip it??

I recently acquired a complete hammond L-103 organ, and it looks to be complete. This one DOES use the mechanical tone generator. I was thinking of stripping it for the amp, speakers, generator, and tubes and such, probably selling them seperately. But...would it be better to keep it whole, and...
  13. R

A question about engines....

I guess this makes sense. So in other words...the engine may be "out of it' so to speak, and it is not able to burn the fuel either efficiently enough or fast enough, and simply "puffs", at least for awhile. Then, (usually anyway, unless something is actually wrong..), it "wake up" and...
  14. R

A question about engines....

I am curious about something. Something I have seen a number of times over the years. An engine is rotating on its starter...You can see from the exhaust that the fuel is being burned as it turns over.....BUT...the engine WILL NOT "take off" and "start" running on its own. WHY is this?? I have...
  15. R

Got TWO of the larger RCA consoles I have long wanted recently. One was the one I spoke about in this thread a few years ago, the VRT--84F 75" long beast. with that RS-263 amp I spoke about. I WAS thinking of just gutting it, but it looks too nice for that. The condition is QUITE good, I...
  16. R

Anyone coming from near Chicago to ohio soon??

There is a nice , big Zenith console stereo that I would like to get here. I cannot however--go after it right now. it is in Oak lawn, Ill. 66 inches long and probably 20 deep. If anyone could maybe pick it up for me and bring it this way, maybe if anyone is going to the ETF convention this...
  17. R

Anyone from Wisconson to anywhere NEAR Ohio??

I think Racine, wi. I have a table model 21" tv that needs a ride. About 2 foot square box size--about 100 lbs. Not a huge size at all. Hopefully--someone will be coming this way soon--from that way. Jack.
  18. R

What is everyone's daily driver today??

It got pretty cold here last week...one night about 10 degrees. My trusty trofeo started right up, in under 2 seconds like usual that night, and drove just as nicely as if it was 60 outside. On the OTHER hand...my uncle has a 97 or 98 model Toyota Camry,4cyl.. and it would NOT start, a...
  19. R

Realistic Collectors?

I have a LOT of RS stuff. I own:: Receivers:: An STA-2000. Sta-2300--works, other than the power switch STA-2250 THREE-- STA-2200's...IMHO..the BEST receiver (amp wise, at least..) RS EVER made!! One of them is a "daily driver' for my bedroom, driving 4 Mach-II's and it rarely gets...
  20. R

Why don't women get it?

NONE of the women I know care about "good stuff". Not my mom, sister, realitives or even my best friend Laurie--whom has become "one of our family" to us at my house. ALL of them would be more than satisfied by Bose. In fact--most of them think those BPC or SPC "rack stereos" are the way to...
  21. R

My olds is a bit like that too. Although the heat and defrost works pretty well, at this time of the year--the engine temp does NOT get over about 150, unless I am in town. On the hwy-- it gets to about 135, or about 4 bars on the gauge. But as I said--it starts instantly, and runs fine, maybe...
  22. R

A few years ago, we had threads about our "daily driver" cars, best cars and worst cars. So...what is everyone's "Daily driver" today?? And how reliable is it?? Mine is a 1989 Olds Trofeo. I got it almost a year ago, after over THREE years of looking for one, not constantly. It was a...
  23. R

I gots HITCHED!

Koolcat...that cat looks JUST like my cat, Tiki. Is yours a Russian blue?? I am pretty sure Tiki is part Russian Blue, as he has MANY of the 'traits" of them--both physically and emotionally. BTW--that "white piece " on tiki in the pix is NOT his fur--but a piece of "snow" that was on him...
  24. R

Someone should go fo this. (Zenith console.NC.)

That is correct. Those models were made from 1970-72, and a bit into 73 They were the LAST of the "good ones" offered by Zenith. they do NOT say"Allegro" to the best of my knowledge. After that time--Zenith--like most others--went to MUCH smaller amps, with MUCH less power and cheaper--i.e...
  25. R

Someone should go fo this. (Zenith console.NC.)

This is in NC, and it is the BEST SS Zenith stereo console produced. It has the big germanium out. amp with 15" 3 way spkrs and nice horns. I have one--and this is WAY too far from me....and I have no room anyway. But the price is not bad, considering this has the "touch control" panel for...
Back
Top Bottom