Search results

1. tder1

G-22000 Protection only with B Speaker Switch and No Speakers

Looked at that option briefly, seems like a hassle to me. Is it? No experience with that and too bad the boards are channel specific. May have no choice in the future. Thanks JO, LMK
  2. tder1

The PCB on one of my 22's is in bad shape. When I got it I found a large crack and badly soldered traces. I managed to get it working well by jumping around and rebuilding it but I really don't want that board in one of my big G's. A new board would make it mint. The board is garbage.... But it...
  3. tder1

Thanks Paul, Had to be that. It's my spare 22 so I can take my time now. BTW, I'm looking high and low for a 22000 F-2901 Driver board, working or not.
  4. tder1

OK, All Good. I definitely had no short anywhere to ground on any speaker out but I was poking around measuring the T's for relays and pulled one cover off a B relay, measured for any deviation, moved the contacts and now its fine. Dont ask what it was cuz I'm not sure?? Might have been the...
  5. tder1

Thanks for Chiming In Hyperion , I understand your questions. No worry on R19. I just threw that in as a symptom. I can see the numbers wrong on the schem but I can follow it. I have no shorts to ground on any speaker terminal. I physically disconnected # 26 Yellow from F-2902 to check the...
  6. tder1

Hey Ya Guys, Little Help ? My 22000 goes into protection only when I select the B Speaker Switch on. Fine with A. I disconnected all and pulled the Driver boards, A relays pull in when I select A and protection when I select B with A on or off. Protection resets when I turn B off. Just...
  7. tder1

Help with G-22000 Bias and Offset/missing test voltage?

Reviving this thread, Been away for while and trying to get back into this 22 and remember where I was. OK, I managed to get new Toshibas in TR14 and TR15 on 2901 Driver. Patience Pls ."the resistor going from the Emitter to the base of the output transistor" Emitter Resistor for TR15...
  8. tder1

DR--- the voltages are not listed on any of the documentation so I don't know what they should be . 14 and 15 are the most PITA 2 to get at also. Can't believe these are correct but the meter says: TR15 B -2.0 C -78.1 E -4.4 TR14 B -.7 C 79.3 E -.9
  9. tder1

DR... I have good continuity from my test posts on 2901 to the grid resistors. Both thru the blue and grey on2903 also.Just missing voltage on 2901 somewhere ? Does that confirm your 1st concern ?
  10. tder1

I managed to find 2 working 968's here and they are green with a T marked on them. They have notches also and these are some I took out. Would these be good also? I'm still looking for the original 2238's i took out. Would they have the T stamped on them for Toshiba. Ive been thru all the...
  11. tder1

Ok, I really appreciate you guys chiming in, I consider all the real Pros to be here. Back up and running with distortion on right as before. I am able to adjust DC with VR01. Its the test posts for Bias I have no voltage so can't adjust it with VR02. I am going to check resistors recommended...
  12. tder1

Need suggestions for Filter Caps G-22000

OK, took it all down and the right rear was shorted though I did have a self induced short right back to F01. Can't reason it out except we have 40 year old stuff here and Caps do have a finite life. All the better, Here's what I ended up with. Back where I started with missing Bias...
  13. tder1

Copy that Kev, I usually buy my Trans. 10 at a time cuz they are really not that expensive and I need to be sure I have what I need. I have had no problem sourcing the 968 and 2238 from Mouser but they may be Faichilds ? I have some 15032/33's here. I have more stuff than Mouser now. And have...
  14. tder1

I was rechecking some transistor/resistors to iron out this missing voltage on the Driver and touched something, unsure but it was deadly. I did pull all the outputs and checked the rail. All good except for 2 OP Trans. shorted and T14 and 15 on the driverboard. I know its super easy to make a...
  15. tder1

Yes it is unusually possible and that's what my symptoms are no doubt. I will take your statement as good advice. All the Factory Work under there is quite stout and looks like you need a blowtorrch to release the solder ;-). Never the less I will be doing a disassembly today and test them...
  16. tder1

Hey Kev, Without getting too deep I had a slip on the right driver board that went all the back thru the amp and took out one of my mains fuses F102. All is reconnected and good except for the red and blue that come from the F Caps. there is a dead short cuz everytime I try to connect either to...
  17. tder1

Hi All. It appears I will need to replace my Filter Caps. Previous problem turns bad so I need a new thread. Right side continuity straight thru Red and Blue. Everything else looks OK. Of course i'm back on Dim Bulb. Dont mind changing them anyway. Been looking for 2 days and can't find...
  18. tder1

Yes, and I have covers for them too. Stupid, amateurish mistake.
  19. tder1

I'll certainly be back. Slip of the Probe Damn it. Don't you just hate that! Got some stuff to go over including 701, rough slip on the Driver Board. This Amp just does not want to cooperate with me. BTW Hi There Kev.
  20. tder1

Hey Ya, Ghamilton do you have a link to your problem ? Cant find it and I'm very interested ?
  21. tder1

Plenty to think about for me. Are you gentlemen familiar with the 22000 Service Manual notorious for mistakes? OK, By the Manual the Bias is set by voltage across the test posts on Driver Board F2901 and adjusting VR2 which is smack in the middle of 2901. I followed the Test Posts up thru the...
  22. tder1

Hi Hyperion, nothing like having one of the best, Your strategy makes sense as they are acting like they are not there at all. Trimmer value correct ? (Bias trimmer not swapped for DC Offset trimmer?) 200ohm DC 100ohm bias confirmed Trimmer orientation correct ? (trimmer 'slider' in...
  23. tder1

Hey all ! I finally had my 22 running good after 3 months and many hours. Kind of a tough piece to learn on. Pantera for about an hour on 3-4 is a good enough test and about all your ears can take on a 22 at that volume. So I figure on to refinements. Installed some Bourns Trimmers. Left side...
  24. tder1

Need Help with Repair Shop Recomendation, G-22000

Hi All. Picked up another 22K and it needs some real help on the right side.Power Supply, Driver, Who knows what else but it's gonna need to be gone thru. This is going to be beyond my ability to get in there and figure it out. At the end of my ability. I'm in the Northeast but can't be afraid...
  25. tder1

Help with G-22000 AMP Protection

Just awesome direction guys, thats what i'm looking for. I'll give it a try and get back. Thanks alot.
Back
Top Bottom