Search results

1. valve_amp

Star trek TAS

Anyone here really into Star trek the animated series? i think they are so cool..And i even watch them on a old tube type tv. later.
  2. valve_amp

What can i use.? to shape sound before entering amp

hi you are probably familiar with windows media player and its ,add on..DFX i love the dfx on media player on computer it expands the sound in some cool ways. ok what i am looking for is something like that ,that i can use without having to use a computer. something in between my pre...
  3. valve_amp

Little dot valve amp..powering regular speakers. do you?

Im sure alot have tried this.. I hooked up my little dot iii to my full size 97 db yamaha speakers...In a quiet room its actually has a good listening level and of course having tubes it has the sweet spot. I run right out of the headphone jack. I use the little dot instead of my full size...
  4. valve_amp

Tube/valve. song test i failed..you?

Hi first of all i know this post might be moved to the music forum but it is also tube amp related.no problem either way. ok the test. pink floyd...the song . "time" yes the clock,alarms and so forth sent my tube amps to the sorching ear level. but then i dont have true dedicated amp, and i...
  5. valve_amp

will this cause a problem?

i have a pair of br 12 yamaha speakers rated at 97 db. i hooked them up..dont laugh..to the earphone jack of my portable dvd player...not a lot of volume there..but no hiss or distortion..its 1/8 to 1/4 connection... question is .will this hurt my speakers..there is very very little current...
  6. valve_amp

2 speed fisher cassette.deck. anyone got or had one?

i need to find a pic..i had one of these things about 30 years ago..anyone got one?
  7. valve_amp

need songs with good dynamic range ?

I have heard or read somewhere.that some music was recorded with a cleaner tone..perhaps valves used the stereo mixer etc.i could be way off..todays music seems to very loud and powerful but .the dynamic range seems to be crap...like all the range is at the top end.. ok have i lost you yet.. im...
  8. valve_amp

New member....guitar tube amps set up i have

First of all hello everyone. Cool site. I have just gotten back into my version of hifi recently. I have never had anything top end. The tube/value thing came up recently for me. I used to have no idea,but recently i had a few answers click in my brain. back in 1979 i had a few normal solid...
Back
Top Bottom