Search results

1. xupernaut

What Is The Most Underrated Piece of Audio You Ever Owned?

My Technics SU-Z780 integrated simple little amp believe originally from a rack system. Using it with my Blu-ray after taking my home theater system out. The things loud, around 100 wpc I believe sounds good and takes up little space. Honorable mention goes to my Onkyo TX 840 receiver and...
  2. xupernaut

Just picked up an Onkyo TX 840 receiver, Wow!

I have one of these in my bedroom system. A couple years ago I picked it up off a freecycle junkpile after a little cleanup works perfect. I think it sounds pretty good. Like to find a remote for it at the right price. (as in free or almost). I have a cd changer that matches it in storage...
  3. xupernaut

Spider in the Headphones...EKK!...Warning!

Well, at least it wasn't an Earwig
  4. xupernaut

The First Record You Ever Bought

Kiss Double Platinum
  5. xupernaut

The never do's...lessons learned

Last week I was switching some speakers around between my 2 basement systems. I'm using the power amp only of a Sherwood receiver using the pre-out/main in jacks. When I pulled it out a bit the patchcord must have pulled out a bit so when I turned it on I had just the poweramp hooked up to the...
  6. xupernaut

My bedroom system..

Bump lol
  7. xupernaut

For all of the Thrift Store junkies out there

I'm usually pretty skeptical these days walking in things really seem to have dried up the last year or so. I still remeber this one time walking in I spied what looked to be a huge silverface monster receiver buried under a stack of vcr's. I picked up the pace walking towards it like a...
  8. xupernaut

Why would someone do this?

Maybe they were all yellow and crummy looking. I know I've replaced a lot of the plain paper sleeves in mine. The ones with art are on slick paper which holds up better. Just a thought.
  9. xupernaut

New MCS 3260 and speakers.......

Those tweeters would most likely work well I'll have to see how they sound first.
  10. xupernaut

Thanks for the speaker info. I have some surrounds left from a project I abandoned that I think will work. I hooked it up to a pair of Pioneer CS-99's. Not the clearest sounding speakers but it sounds pretty good. Reminds me of a Realistic I used to own. Here it is in it's new home...
  11. xupernaut

What's the most useless, over-designed, or badly designed feature ?

Big +1 on that on my old AV receiver I had to scroll trough about 5 of these to switch modes. Thankfully a couple months ago I bought a surround pre-amp that doesn't have these. Hi/lo filters on vintage gear when I get a new(old) amp/receiver I check to see if these work and never touch...
  12. xupernaut

Carver reliability

I have an AV-405 I bought used off ebay for my home theater. The thing works great no problems. I remember reading reviews of some of these have a problem with making a humming sound. (grounding issue?) Mines fine.
  13. xupernaut

Here's a pic ... Thanks all that seems like a pretty easy fix for the tuner buttons. Hopefully will get speakers hooked up today. One thing that kinda sucks is the tone knobs are plastic covered with metal sleeves for looks. They fall off at will I sucked one up in my shop vac when I...
  14. xupernaut

What receiver/amp did you buy for $10 or under?

Kenwood KR-4400 $10 MCS 3260.......... $5 MCS-3782...........$10 Sansui 350-A $7 Sansui 6500 free HK A-50 free
  15. xupernaut

I found this MCS 3260 for a 5 spot at a rummage sale. Not the find of the century but what the hey its my first real rummage find since I found a Pioneer 9100 tuner at the same village sale last year. The owner said it worked but that the tuner was dead I took his word for it for $5. He...
  16. xupernaut

Why did this Pioneer PL-10 sell for $379??

Geez I have a PL-15 that I'm not even using that's almost as nice. I'd be happy to get less than 1/2 that. Not real crazy about shipping a TT though.
  17. xupernaut

Suggest a good EQ for me

I really like my Sansui SE-9. It has presets and you can program your own... [/URL][/IMG]
  18. xupernaut

How goes your cassette tape collection?

I must have around 1000 tapes I think. I bought a collection of over 600 recorded on type 2 tapes a couple years ago. Mostly TDK-SA and Maxell XL-II"s 90's with a few SAX'es and UDXL-II's thrown in for good measure. These are all mix tapes all styles of music w/out the songs written down...
  19. xupernaut

Is it possible to "score" a tube amp?

Scored a Harmon Kardon A-50 tube amp off freecycle a few years back. It did work at the time.
  20. xupernaut

What is your Avatar??

Avatar is Momcat a stray we took in she used to curl up on top my records at our old place. I have better record storage now that isn't used by overweight pampered critters as a bed.
  21. xupernaut

Popping sounds from Pioneer CT-F900...

It's not that easy, It's never that easy....... Except in this case it is. The wire was just kind of hanging there right of of where it was supposed to be, I put it back on checked it with a blank tape and Bingo! back in business. Thanks all. Bstable I think we could swap decks and not...
  22. xupernaut

Fwiw the sn is ZA3630964. I pulled it from the rack that things a beast gotta love a deck that's heavier than a lot of receivers.
  23. xupernaut

I second the thanks for Ed in Tx for the very precise answer. Is that diagram from the service manual? I took a look and can't seem to find exactly where that is. Appreciate if you can just point me in the right direction. Bstable I will take a look later when I have a chance and post the...
  24. xupernaut

Cassette "auto BLS" a gimmick or really useful?

I have a CT-90R that has it. I would say pretty useful takes the guesswork out of setting bias...
  25. xupernaut

While I was dubbing a tape today using my CT-F900 as the playback deck. I notice I'm getting a static like pop every few seconds. It sounds exactly like a pop from a vinyl lp. Upon further investigation it's doing it mainly on the left channel though it registers a bit on the right on...
Back
Top Bottom