Search results

1. ronrico

Sony TA-N77ES Amplifier goes into protection mode

I've got my eye on the above. I imagine this is worth fixin'. What's the worst case scenario?
  2. ronrico

Since it is Avery Fisher appreciation month....

.....I thought that I would post some pics of my latest Fisher Find, a TA-500 in really nice condition.
  3. ronrico

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVERY FISHER!

Born March 4 1906.
  4. ronrico

Scott 222C

I'm looking at the above Scott. It's advertised as having a full re-cap. From this pic, how does it look?
  5. ronrico

Shipping items from Canada

I'm looking at some items on Canuck Audio Mart. Is there something about having things shipped from our friends to the north that I should know about, as in tariffs, taxes etc. ? I'm in Va.
  6. ronrico

JBL Sovereign

What happened to the thread on the JBL Sovereign speakers???
  7. ronrico

A little help needed

I'm not sure where to post this, so I thought I'd try here. My request might get me in trouble, but... Here's my situation, I have a Rotel RCD971 CD player that has worked flawlessly for the 5-6 years that I have had it. Lately it has been giving me a little trouble and I would like to have a...
  8. ronrico

Is it safe to take her for a spin?

I recently picked up a Fisher 400 SN 231651. I hooked up a pair of test speakers and brought it up on a variac/dbt. Cd player through aux input. It played well with no obvious problems. The filter caps were replaced by others at least 8 years ago, I believe the rectifier was also replaced. My...
  9. ronrico

Value of IMF speakers

Interested in the value of a pair of IMF TLS80II in near perfect condition. Re-capped with Falcon Audio-provided caps, upgraded wire on woofers and mids, new 5-way binding posts, new grill cloth, all original drivers that all work, includes factory stands. Figure the Richmond Va, Nothern Va...
  10. ronrico

B&W CM1 speakers

I have a line on the above mentioned speakers. They are the original not the S2 version. Any thoughts?
  11. ronrico

Mouse condos

I think I already know the answer to the question, but I must ask: is there anything here that I'm not seeing? As in salvagable? They are not mine so I won't take offense.
  12. ronrico

Comparing higher end speakers

I am looking for some input on a couple of speaker options. I currently am enjoying a pair of IMF TLS80II driven by a Sunfire Theater Grand/ Cinema Grand combo. I have the opportunity to pick up a pair of AR-1 Towers, circa 1999. Would this be an upgrade or should I pass?
  13. ronrico

Garrard TT in Magnavox console

Does anyone know what years Magnavox used Garrard changers in their mono consoles?
  14. ronrico

IMF TLS80II help needed

I am working on a pair of the above mentioned speakers, essentially re-cap and cabinet refinish. My problem is that one of the Celestion HF2000 super tweeters (clear plastic dome type) is dead. Are these repairable? Are they really necessary for someone who's hf hearing may becoming shall we say...
  15. ronrico

Fried/IMF speakers

There's a pair of TLS80 speakers on Richmond Va craigs list. The tweeter/super tweeter have been replaced, which I've read may be an improvement. I'm not sure how this would effect the value, but for $225, they would be worth a listen. I would post a link, but my internet connection has been...
  16. ronrico

500C have enough power?

I've got a shot at a pair of Rectilinear III lowboys. Would the 500C have enough power to run these?
  17. ronrico

caps for Pioneer SX 1250

A couple of years ago I got a quad of Nippon Chemi-Con 22,000uF 100v caps to replace those in my SX 1250. I never got around to swapping them out and now would like to sell them. I don't remember what I payed for them and Newark seems to be the only place that has something close, neither Mouser...
  18. ronrico

JBL surprise

I recently picked up a semi-homemade console that had a Harman Kardon TA224 receiver a Garrard RC 88/4 TT all about 1960 era. I was obviously interested in the receiver in the deal. The console was nothing special and the TT was a little rough. The added bonus was when I pulled the back off one...
  19. ronrico

Yamaha MCX 1000

I recently got a Yammy Music Cast. Has anyone come up with a good way to back up the hard drive. I'm afraid that if/when this crashes I'll be seriously depressed.
  20. ronrico

Need help ordering caps

I'm about to stick my toe into the world of SS repair. Up 'til now I've stuck with re-cap/re-foam/refinish speakers and am happy with the results. I have a number of receivers that need re-capping, but don't want to touch until I have had some experience on less valuable units. My first...
  21. ronrico

Solder-sucker

I picked up three of these solder extractors off CL for little $, taking a chance that I could put one of them to use. There is no power cord or hose/tip, just what is in the attached pics. Anyone familiar with these. They appear to have been build for the Dept.of the Navy. Thanks for the help.
  22. ronrico

HK tube receiver

I've got a line on a Harman Kardon TA 224 receiver. Any thoughts? Worth a rehab? There's little info out there on this. Anyone had experience with one?
  23. ronrico

Tandberg 3000x

I've got a line on a Tandberg R2R. Any thoughts?
  24. ronrico

Fisher 21-R receiver

I have the opportunity to pick up an E-492 console with a 21-R receiver in it. The cabinet is in fair shape, the tt is missing and the shafts on two of the controls are seized. Is the receiver worth pulling or should I just pass. The owner doesn't want much for the console. Is the receiver worth...
  25. ronrico

Fisher E92 console

Anyone familiar with this model? I have a line on one and looking for any info before I go any further. Thanks
Back
Top Bottom