Search results

1. Stefan Wood

Open Baffle Epiphany!

I have a pair of F12s but I did not put them on open baffles. Installed them in custom made corner speakers and they are fantastic.
  2. Stefan Wood

Open Baffle Epiphany!

This is what I'm talking about. Looking at a pair of 8" for corner speakers. Also wondering if the Lii are better than the Betsys.
  3. Stefan Wood

Open Baffle Epiphany!

For instance new drivers.
  4. Stefan Wood

Open Baffle Epiphany!

It's been several years since I've posted. I'm still using open baffle speakers - Betsy's with Alphas on a custom made, inspired by the Wharfedales spf3 design. The Betsy's reside on their own, a lone alpha in it's own baffle used as a subwoofer connected to a plate amp. I hadn't listened...
  5. Stefan Wood

Musical Paradise MP-301 MK3 Opinions

You need adapters for the 807s. Higher sensitive speakers will yield much better results with the MP.
  6. Stefan Wood

Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk3

I have not had any grounding issues.
  7. Stefan Wood

6sl7 and 6sn7

Update. I have tried several different kinds and am very happy with the sylvania 6sl7wgt tubes. The VT-229s were disappointing as they seemed to cloud the highs and mids but the wgts seem like an excellent match with the 45 amp. I have not tried the 5691s but I'm not inclined to at the...
  8. Stefan Wood

6sl7 and 6sn7

Believe me, even first designs can be improved over time.
  9. Stefan Wood

6sl7 and 6sn7

The Magi was made by Mark Voight. His tube phono preamps are better known and highly regarded. I dont think he makes them any more.
  10. Stefan Wood

6sl7 and 6sn7

I don't neccesarily buy into that logic. The first designs may be good, but there could always be improvements in later versions. Like software. Tweaks can and have been made. I am looking at 1950s tubes mostly.
  11. Stefan Wood

6sl7 and 6sn7

True. That is why I am rolling; I just wanted to narrow my buying options.
  12. Stefan Wood

6sl7 and 6sn7

Yes that is what I figured.
  13. Stefan Wood

6sl7 and 6sn7

What I had heard from people who owned those tubes was that they colored the sound compared to the 5691 red bases or the Sylvanias or certain Tung Sols. There was a post in this forum I believe from someone who owned a 300B amp and for his preamp he installed JAN Philips 6sl7s and stated that...
  14. Stefan Wood

6sl7 and 6sn7

I have not heard good things about RCA, except for the red base ones. What Japanese or Russian tubes should I look for?
  15. Stefan Wood

6sl7 and 6sn7

I've ordered a pair of Sylvania 6sl7WGTs and Sylvania VT-229s. Will try and hear what differences they may bring.
  16. Stefan Wood

6sl7 and 6sn7

6sl7 not 6n7 to be clear is what I am looking for.
  17. Stefan Wood

6sl7 and 6sn7

Got it. Any recommendations for 6sl7 tubes? I have sylvanias but open to other suggestions for rolling.
  18. Stefan Wood

6sl7 and 6sn7

I have a magi preamp that uses sylvanias 6sl7 tubes. I want to tube roll and realized I picked up a pair of 6sn7 tubes. Are they compatible or do they have different specs and it would make the sound not so good?
  19. Stefan Wood

Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk3

The KT88s really adds to the sound and power of the 301. Truly an underrated tube integrated.
  20. Stefan Wood

Musical Paradise MP-303

I'm going to add my two cents to this amp, as I have received one today from a fellow AK member. I couldn't be happier, and this is from someone who has had both the Volt + and the Volt +D, a SMSL 3255 with Topping D30 DAC, and other amps too numerous to mention. They are hooked to a very...
  21. Stefan Wood

Open Baffle Epiphany!

The tweeters are 101 db. The Betsys are 94
  22. Stefan Wood

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Got it. But what variety of caps should I be looking for? What number values?
  23. Stefan Wood

Open Baffle Epiphany!

For the eminence tweeters I have for my open baffles I am using the 1.5uf Dayton caps. I want to play around with other varying caps to see if I can open them up a little more, but not overly so. What would be the next one in line that I should look for? A 1.0uf or ?
  24. Stefan Wood

Dahlquist vs Klipsch Heresy II's

Dahlquist, given what you would be driving them with.
  25. Stefan Wood

Looking for a service technician on NoVA

Thank you.
Back
Top Bottom