Search results

1. B

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Probably my best music related find at a thrift store! Got these today!
  2. B

Magnasphere Beta

Just got done listening to my new toys. A pair of Magnasphere Betas. Really impressed. Just on my little crappy $25 tool shed rescue SX-6 they sound very good. Keepers for sure! Sorry for the crappy pic.
  3. B

Sony speaker I.D. help

Tag on back mostly torn off so cant really read it. Anyone recognize these?
  4. B

JBL 4311 wx-a black cabinets?

Ill try to do some better investigating but lets say they've been painted (a very good job IMO if that's the case), how does this affect the value?
  5. B

Im certainly not saying you guys are wrong but if these have been painted it's an extremely good job. It honestly looks like they were either originally black or have been re-veneered but I could be wrong. No big JBL logos on the sides. Is there any way to tell other than scraping at them...
  6. B

Possibly a silly question but is there anything special to a pair of JBL 4311 that have black cabinets or have they been "re" veneered?? Nearly every pair I see is wood.
  7. B

Acutex 312 cartridge

Sorry. I initially said it was an acutex 312 cartridge and its actually an acutex lpm cartridge with 312 stylus.
  8. B

Acutex 312 cartridge

Guess I was wrong. Its an Acutex LPM cart with 312 (red) stylus.
  9. B

Acutex 312 cartridge

Thanks! Bet those are pricey!
  10. B

Pioneer HPM1100

11. B

Pioneer HPM1100

Oh they definately have to have new surrounds.
  12. B

Acutex 312 cartridge

Just got a Sony PS-X55s from an estate and it has an Acutex 312 cartridge on it. No clue yet if it functions. I have done a bit of poking around for info. on it and it seems like a pretty highly regarded cart if it works. If I need to replace the stylus, what options do I have and is it worth it?
  13. B

Pioneer HPM1100

Whats a pair of these worth? Got them from an estate selling for the original owner who passed away. Will get them professionally refoamed and gone through.
  14. B

Murano amps

Anyone ever heard of or used Murano amps or monoblocks?? If so, curious on your thoughts. Doesnt seem to be a ton of info. Out there on them.
  15. B

Thrift Store Technics

So this just happened. Pair of Technics SB-4500A sitting in the thrift store this morning! All drivers and grilles. Cabinets arent perfect and are missing some vinyl veneer, one is missing a terminal screw down and the grilles have tears and woofer dust caps dented in but they came to $7.50...
  16. B

Koss 1020 value?

Pair of Koss 1020. No grilles and "need work" but play. Not 100% positive if drivers are all original. What would you pay for them? Are they worth restoring?
  17. B

Technics SB-5000 tweeter replacement / upgrade

Well most likely I will just replace the messed up one with a good original so it wont be an issue. Looks like the tweeter I need is: Technics EAS-6PH13SA 8 ohm
  18. B

I have to replace one so thought maybe I could upgrade at the same time. I have yet to listen to them.
  19. B

Bit pricey. Only one set on the bay currently.
  20. B

Can anyone suggest a good upgrade / replacement tweeter for the Technics SB-5000? Maybe a nice Vifa???
  21. B

Pioneer SX-6

I know they arent looked very highly upon but I just picked up a Pioneer SX-6 for $13. Needs a real good cleaning but seems to work and sound just fine for that monetary expenditure.
  22. B

JBL L75 Minuet

Whats a pair of JBL L75 Minuet worth? No grilles, dust caps dented, all original drivers but must be refoamed? Cabinets not perfect but in overall very good condition.
  23. B

Phasetech PC40(.5?)

Yea I figured as much on getting the investment back with the new woofers. Oh well.
  24. B

Phasetech PC40(.5?)

I know literally nothing about these. Like I said they were given to me but theyre heavy little buggers and the previous owner said they sounded really good when the were intact.
  25. B

Phasetech PC40(.5?)

I was given a pair of Phasetech PC40 small bookshelf speakers with blown out woofer surrounds. On the backs they have a gold "5" sticker after the PC40. I know later they had a mkII (was also given one of these) and mkIII as well. The surrounds are odd. Phasetech sells new woofers but theyre...
Back
Top Bottom