Search results

1. 71Challenger

EVOLUTION - Time for a Change!!

Whoa! Quite the system. I absolutely love your avatar. Very nice guitar.
  2. 71Challenger

R.I.P. Mike Petroff

Rest In Peace Mike. So sorry for your loss.
  3. 71Challenger

Old Guy8 Audio Systems

Outstanding systems. Well done. That Marantz integrated really stands out.
  4. 71Challenger

Audio Fan's Showroom / Mancave / Collection / Whatever

Every once in a while I return to this site and find a thread that just makes me smile. Wonderful job on the room and the collection is sublime. Well done all around.
  5. 71Challenger

Leave it to me to buy the WORST vintage infinity's made....

So now that you've heard them is everything all better?
  6. 71Challenger

Nikko, dbx, Nakamichi, Denon, Akai, Ohm

My goodness, that is purty. The road less travelled. Got any pics of the Denon turntable?
  7. 71Challenger

Forget Sound...What Are The Best LOOKING Speakers? (Ever)

Polk RTI-A9 fine looking speaker design. They changed them out a couple of years ago to a boxy design. Like most of the Avalon speakers and those Klipsch knockoffs
  8. 71Challenger

Speakers for Metal…

I would suggest Cerwin Vega D7s.
  9. 71Challenger

tomlinmgt's dungeon of diffusion (and big speakers)

Oh my goodness. Now thats a serious setup. But, forgive me, I couldn't help but notice a lack of lava lamps. :biggrin:
  10. 71Challenger

Slowly going back in time

Some very fine vintage you have there. Enjoy.
  11. 71Challenger

New Home, New Room

Oh wow, long time ago... Had the SOTAs for about 6 months back in mid 2000s. Sadly I found them to be quite bland. Sold them to a guy who loved them. Go figure, everybody hears something different.
  12. 71Challenger

Semi DIY turntable

As unconventional as it looks, it is just a belt driven platter attached to a motor. Not how most of us would go about it, but it works. Just butt ugly is all.
  13. 71Challenger

Panasonic Thrusters: How bad are they? Let's find out!

Excellent point my friend. I still use my 1972 Realistic transistor radio when i go on walks and it does the job just fine.
  14. 71Challenger

hi there,newzealands living room system as of 19/5/20

Mike, so happy to hear you made it through surgery. I know it was a while ago but recovery takes time, don't overdo it, listen to your body. When I had the cardiac event the doctors said to me, 'enjoy yourself, every day matters'. Been 5 years to the day and I'm feeling pretty spry. Watch the...
  15. 71Challenger

My pride and joy. Or simply "clutter", if you ask my girlfriend.

Lovely collection of gear, presented with style. Definitely not clutter. Well done sir.
  16. 71Challenger

My budget stereo.

Very cool, seldom seen gear. Welcome to audiokarma.
  17. 71Challenger

My setup in October 2020

nice gear, welcome to Audiokarma.
  18. 71Challenger

Garbage day scroe!

Hope the gear works or at the very least just needs some new fuses. Very cool find.
  19. 71Challenger

Why is it.... (tops of EPI 200C speakers)

Well done sir. Those are purty....
  20. 71Challenger

Too many amps !!!!

Where bagpipes are involved, there is no such thing as too much power...
  21. 71Challenger

YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE

An HK730 feeding a pair of Bob Crites fully modified Klipsch KG 4 speakers. Yeah, that'll do.
  22. 71Challenger

My First Complete System

Well I must admit I was not ready for that. Most 1st systems are quite different. I'm fairly gobsmacked. Outstanding system.
  23. 71Challenger

What Happen to AK Secure https ?

looking at the source with an analyser shows a few security related issues. What trips the https error is an advertising banner served using "http://audiokarma.org/forums/banners/<file name here>". It is a very minor issue but the one I'd be concerned with is the allowed cross site scripting...
  24. 71Challenger

Anyone else still at work through this Coronavirus pandemic?

I can telecommute but haven't started yet. I'm thinking this week. My wife on the other hand runs a Commercial/Retail Cleaning Company. I'm expecting some drop off this week as non-essential retail is shutting the doors. But she will pick up more work in the Health Services sector.
Back
Top Bottom