Search results

1. 71Challenger

Back in the Saddle

3rd kick at the can in this hobby. Just set up a temporary system to test out some gear and decide what direction I want to go. I'm trying out speakers Mission 700s, Paradigm 7se and Energy Pro 22s. The Energys have been in a shipping container for over a year and I'm terrified to even hook...
  2. 71Challenger

Bloody Weather

Monday night we had a series of storms rip through Southern Ontario. The storms were pretty severe resulting in at least one F2 tornado and many possibles. Well we got our basement flooded due to the storm drains backing up. Im sure the Gulf of Mexico is missing alot of water because it was...
  3. 71Challenger

Rev. Horton Heat

Guys at work just introduced me to the Rev. Horton Heat over on YouTube. Gotta say, wasn't expecting that. Fun, fun, fun!
  4. 71Challenger

Pioneer announces it's leaving the stereo audio business.

This may have been covered before, I've been off the board for a little while... http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Pioneer-s-exit-from-stereo-components-marks-end-of-era The end of an area to be sure.
  5. 71Challenger

Music or System, What Do You Hear?

I was playing Outlandos d'Amour by The Police the other night and it struck me I wasn't really listening to the music, but listening to the system. I was picking out various things about how the equipment was performing, the shimmer of a top hat, the sustain and feedback of a guitar chord. I...
  6. 71Challenger

Rock The Park - London Ontario

July 25th to 27th This is an annual festival to raise funds for Bethany’s Hope Foundation in progressing research for Metachromatic Leukodystrophy (MLD). In 9 years they have raised over $1.5 million dollars. Hers is the lineup so far..... Thursday July 25th 9:00pm - THE TRAGICALLY HIP...
  7. 71Challenger

Oh my, has something happened?

I tried to view the website and contact them for an order. The site seems to be having issues. Oh God I pray nothing has happened.
  8. 71Challenger

Psvane TS88 Integrated

Anyone have experience with the Psvane TS88 integerated amp, based on the Shuguang Treasure tubes? 2 inputs and taps for 4 and 8 ohm. 35 w/ch @ 4ohm. I seem to have caught an itch.... and very close to pulling the trigger, but would appreciate any first hand accounts?
  9. 71Challenger

Ultra-Simple Office System

:DCost less than $10 bucks but here it it is.. Pioneer SX680 (edit: 2012-09-17 replace "SX626" with "SX680") Orion Speakers (donation from a long lost friend - Mark get in touch with me) I have my office staff convinced the rabbit ears are an enhanced WIFI connection... :D FM...
  10. 71Challenger

Ortofon 2M Red, not what I expected.

This thread is the result of a nasty incident that happened last weekend. Curse my affinity for Jim Beam but during an extended listening session I inadvertently banged my arm against a nearby receiver with the result being a beautiful AT120e bouncing across an Alan Parsons album. Suffice to...
  11. 71Challenger

Your last WOW moment?

OK, I saw this thread on another board, but it's no less valid here... What was your last WOW audio moment? Mine was over at PoppaChubby's. I went over for a meet and greet and had a listen to his system. My Lord I was blown away... How's about you guys?
  12. 71Challenger

Radios & Tubes & Stuff

Hey guys, see anything of interest in these photos? I don't mean what value, just anything kinda tubey cool? I am going out to a guy's farm to have a look and thought an experienced set(s) of eyes might pick out something I would miss, I have ZERO idea regarding old radios. There are a...
  13. 71Challenger

MISSION 765s, anyone experienced with these?

Picked up a pair of Mission 765 speakers for a pitance. Low level sound, I suspect the crossover. Wondering what kind of sound I could expect with these? I understand they are fairly sensitive ( 93 db area ) so I was thinking they might be good with a small tube amp? EDIT : Looking up...
  14. 71Challenger

Question about Salk speakers

I clicked on the ad for Salk speakers and was taken by surprise.. Wow, eye candy! I would love to hear them but alas, I doubt a 30 day tryout across the border would happen. Anyone running any Salk speakers? Would love to hear your observations.
  15. 71Challenger

The Warriors - Chicks Just Don't Get It

A quest through torturous landscapes. Outrageous characters. Violence. Campiness to the max. One of the best lesbian dance scenes put to film. A killer sound track. What's not to like? I picked up the Director's Cut DVD tonight. I know what I'm doing tomorrow night! :D
  16. 71Challenger

Chicago X

Wow, oriignally bought the album back in the 70s for one particular song and tonight I sat down and listened to the whole album. I'm impressed. It has some real fun and funky stuff...
  17. 71Challenger

Dec 4, 1980 the end of Led Zepplin

It's been 31 years since the remaining members of Led Zepplin announced the band's final day, my how the time flies by...
  18. 71Challenger

Cartridge identity eludes me

Just picked up a Rega Planar 3 with an RB300 tonearm but I can't for the life of me figure out what cart this is. The seller had no idea, he just bought what his friend said to buy oh so many years ago. The stylus is fixed, body is one piece, and there are no markings at all. I even pulled...
  19. 71Challenger

Supernatural

Anyone catch the Season Premier last night? This season is going to redefine "Holy Sh..!"
  20. 71Challenger

Record Cleaning 70's style

Came across this in my travels and just had to pick it up. It still works, but of course not very well.
  21. 71Challenger

What Cartridges work well on a Thorens TP11 tonearm?

I have an AT120E cart on it right now, but it just isn't blowing my kilt up. It has a nice sound to it, clean but kinda plain vanilla wrapper if you get my drift. I think it is time for an upgrade. I really like the table, so upgrading the cart seems like a good move at this time. I am...
  22. 71Challenger

Neil Young and International Harvester

I don't know if this has been posted here, didn't see anything on a search... Sounds like this could be pretty special. http://www.neilyoung.com/ Anyone have this or listened yet?
  23. 71Challenger

Strange Playlist

Grooveshark can be fun, but do I ever get some strange playlists.. Today so far... The Zombies - Time Of The Season Cream - White Room Talking Heads - Take Me To The Water Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knockin' Led Zepplin -...
  24. 71Challenger

Curious about kits

I am looking at the tube world and coming to the realisation that even with an electronics and tech background, I have little practical experience or knowledge of tube gear. So in order to augment the theory and circuit design research, I was wondering if those "in the know" could point me...
Back
Top Bottom