Search results

1. Frank Sol

I heard the Most 'Analog Sounding' DAC in my Life

ifi Zen Stream Door Stop :eek: No joke... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QW4VFCF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  2. Frank Sol

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

3. Frank Sol

Should have my new PS Audio Nuwave Phono Converter Friday

7 years later... What goes around comes around New DAC and different TT/Cart from 7yrs ago Denafrips Pontus II 12th and MMF 7.3 / AT ART 9
  4. Frank Sol

I finally got my dream system together. Just Audio interviews me about it

@91rtstealth I just watched the video... Thanks! I truly enjoyed it
  5. Frank Sol

Correct... All sources but when I'm not listening the tuner is playing low I'm Retired :)
  6. Frank Sol

Alvin said burn it in for 7 days straight. Don't power down OK... I have it hooked up sorta convoluted to "burn in" ... Tuner --> PS Audio A/D converter/I2S out --> I2S in Pontus XLR out --> Preamp
  7. Frank Sol

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Denafrips Pontus II 12th (Shipped with the latest FPGA Firmware.)
  8. Frank Sol

Power Cable Farce

@Danddd Night and Day difference? Of course NOT ! :biggrin: They are no better or worse than my DIY power cables for 20% the cost Nice snug fit which I like... The magnets? I'll leave them on DIY Cables...
  9. Frank Sol

Jimi Hendrix

Jimmy who ?
  10. Frank Sol

Power Cable Farce

@Bill Ashton All I can see on the cables:
  11. Frank Sol

Power Cable Farce

Dunno... That's why I added the smirk :cool: But aren't those (in picture) ferrite beads? I don't believe it'll hurt anything... Some retail cable companies use them
  12. Frank Sol

Interesting Tiefenbrun interview, 2006

That was from the ending of the 'Good Old Days' period of audiophilia :beatnik:
  13. Frank Sol

Power Cable Farce

Remember the 'jellyfish' hospital grade green dot power cables ?? Well... I'm reintroducing 3 of them into my system after being put away for years I'm adding a Ferrite Magnet tho :cool: Schiit Freya+ Pair of Schiit Ageir All three plugged straight into wall outlet Night and Day ...
  14. Frank Sol

Anchorage Alaska :naughty: @onanysunday About AC Cables... Going to be using these with Pontus also https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/power-cable-farce.972276/page-6#post-16274374
  15. Frank Sol

Is there a high end audio Toslink cable?

I've used many over the years... Some were loaners and were expensive I don't believe MOST people will hear a difference between an Amazon Basic vs AudioQuest Carbon (10x more $). Just me :idea:
  16. Frank Sol

Just got the ifi Zen Stream

Howdy I honestly do not know. I always thought it was Tune-In but maybe not. I will say ifi Stream takes a longtime (1min or more sometimes) to connect to internet radio stations unlike the CXN V2 & Node 130 CXN V2 & Node 130 are a snap
  17. Frank Sol

:biggrin: However I'm glad I waited on ordering the Pontus... Alvin will be shipping this one with the new/latest FPGA Firmware which was just release in the past week. He confirm by email
  18. Frank Sol

Question about RCA cables. NO, not sound quality.

If you want your analog to sound more digital use 75ohm Video Cables... :eek: J/K aside... People have claimed using 75ohm cables between Turntable and Phono Pre can help (to their ears)
  19. Frank Sol

Pontus "IN TRANSIT" via FedEx
  20. Frank Sol

Sony XDR-F1HD

OT Not one of the great ones but :D Before internet streaming I found the Sangean HD-20 adequate for HD Radio broadcasts
  21. Frank Sol

@audiobliss CXN V2 does not have USB out to external DAC... If that matters IMO-- The ifi Stream has a cleaner SQ when using both at just a streamer... Maybe I'm fooling myself :dunno: But I thought the same when comparing ifi to Node 130 All three are fine though On another matter... the...
  22. Frank Sol

15 months... :no: I do not think ifi software folks care for a better and more inclusive app Updates are sparse or nonexistent ifi probably has washed their hands of this and think "Pay for ROON"
Back
Top Bottom