Search results

1. Steve 1050

markthefixer Needs Your Support!

Mark, thankx for checking in and letting us know you have internet access. Get better my friend and we'll all be here praying for a continued and full recovery. Peace. And remember, don't jump ahead of the Dr.s. Slow and steady and by the book. LOL.
  2. Steve 1050

Fate of SX 1050

Yeah, at that point we decided not to let him handle the fine china!!
  3. Steve 1050

Fate of SX 1050

Not so much a new thread as an update. My original SX 1050 that MTF helped me repair originally, has met an inglorious end(?) When we moved from the BayArea (S.F.) , as my friends were loading the truck one of them dropped the reciever down a flight of stairs, case went to pieces:eek:. After...
  4. Steve 1050

One more time?

Just powered up my flea market aquisition, she sounds awsome! while she may not be much to look at she is working perfectly. I am very pleased. I will be repairing my baby girl after the madness of the move is complete. all voltages(bios, dc offset, etc are well within spec so no adjustments are...
  5. Steve 1050

One more time?

Yeh Mark I tend to agree, I will be reparing the original 1050, so we will still be in close contact. My wife decided after a visit to My Aunt Verna Ollers (google it)home and where I was raised that she would make it her goal to get me back home. She has secured a job in the Portland area and...
  6. Steve 1050

One more time?

Mark I'm not sweating it, it is actualy a return home for me. I'm looking forward to my eventual restoration of the original 1050. I will be checking in from time to time, just to let you all know I'm still around.
  7. Steve 1050

One more time?

Hi guys, Sorry I haven't checked in lately but we've been in the process of organizing a permant move. My wife and I are moving to Oregon in a few months and we have been busy packing our house. So as of now into the forseeable future I am once again going to have to put this project on hold, I...
  8. Steve 1050

One more time?

Still tring to find time. Maybe this weekend. Sorry
  9. Steve 1050

One more time?

I still haven't had time to get to my reciever, I'm going to try later, maybe tomorrow. sorry.
  10. Steve 1050

One more time?

Mark, I haven't had time to pull and check parts yet. It seems every time I wish for a little down time everybody wants "their" mechanic. will get to it as soon as I have a few hours of free time. Sorry.
  11. Steve 1050

One more time?

Thank you Mark, I was kind of thinking of doing a complete rebuild of the amp board. My only question is how do you set the trim pots upon initial fire-up after rebuild? I am going to start pulling transistors and diode testing later today hopefully. As far as time is concerned I'm in no...
  12. Steve 1050

One more time?

I'm planning to fix my SX 1050 because she is my first and I like the way she sounds with my Vandersteen model 2s. I may get a 1250 later! I gotta step out for a while will check back in later
  13. Steve 1050

One more time?

One More Time? Ok, So the job situation has been resolved. my mother passed and left me a hefty trust fund, so I guess now is the time to get back to work on my SX1050(the Sony just is not cutting it). Just as an aside I may be able to pick up a SX 780 from a flea market a friend runs.
  14. Steve 1050

Protection circuit

I'll Have to start this thread again at a later time as I don't have the time to dig into the 1050 right now (been laid off, and need to consentrate on finding a new job and won't be focused. bad.) Sorry, I will be back,as I want my baby back.
  15. Steve 1050

Protection circuit

my camera is on the fritz again, so i will see if i can borrow my sons. I'll be back
  16. Steve 1050

Protection circuit

Mark I will try to have those up shortly if i canget my camera to work properly.
  17. Steve 1050

Protection circuit

Mark, I kind of thought that the trimpot was the major culprit. since the left channel had no problems back then we didn't do anything but replace the outputs.
  18. Steve 1050

Protection circuit

I'm Baaack! maybe we can ressurect this thread. My SX 1050 has been getting worse static on right channel has caused protection to kick in and out repeatedly. I went to check idle current and right side was 48.2ma however left was 124.6ma, upon attempting to adjust it down it would not drop and...
  19. Steve 1050

feed reel drag

Problem solved, readjusted reel brake, cleaned reel table shaft and all is right with the world. Thanks!
  20. Steve 1050

feed reel drag

problem appears to be the pause mech, it does not appear to be pulling away from the table far enough. how do I remove the feed reel table?
  21. Steve 1050

feed reel drag

I don't remember where belts were purchased as it has been a while (6mo.). without tape forward/ff works normally,(as there is no drag on feed.
  22. Steve 1050

feed reel drag

All belts are new and transport has been compleatly lubed. Table brakes are releasing .
  23. Steve 1050

feed reel drag

Hi guys, first time to tape forum,and I need Some help. Ihave a Sony 388-4 that when put in play or rewindfeed reel table has serious drag. Transport appears to be exactlly the same as aTC 355.
  24. Steve 1050

Protection circuit

I went back and reread that thread, and I don't think we worked on the protection circuit in particular as this weekend progresses I will see if I can check out the amp board. outside of this "intermittant" problem she has been very sweet. To quote the Governator AArnold "I'll be baack"
  25. Steve 1050

Protection circuit

My SX 1050 has been performing flawlessly since MTF helped me repair her. Recently she developed distortion on the right channel (once every 5 mo or so, (that disappeared after shutdown.)) and protection relay would click in every 5 to 6 serconds. Any ideas would be helpful, at this point im...
Back
Top Bottom