Search results

1. D

Finally have time for my SA-100

Being a fan and collector of vintage Fisher for a while now, I check in here regularly. Tonight, I thought I might catch up on the latest. RS Steve has offered up yet another mint example to impress us. A day later you post you are not getting enough attention and "guess it's time to stop...
  2. D

Sherwood S-8000IV - hum in phono/tape inputs

Adding to the confusion..... I own two S-8000 III's and one S-8000 IV. In all three units, I have discovered C-206 and C-208 appear to be labeled incorrectly on the chassis. The schematic values and parts list description of these 2 can caps agree, but the labeling on the chassis is transposed...
  3. D

insanely enormous collection of vintage audio/ tube amps (PLS HELP!!)

I wonder why there's been no photos. I suspect someone's yanking our chain :scratch2:
  4. D

Fisher Dial Glass

I have had success on numerous Fisher dial glasses using ordinary dish soap and luke warm water. First I test the lettering on the corner of the glass where Fisher printed the glass part number. If that survives the wash and dry, I go ahead with the entire glass. Dip a soft cloth into a fairly...
  5. D

AK really slow page loads now

Me too. Started a few weeks ago. It takes nearly a full minute to load an AK page. Any other web site is normal speed. I'm using IE8 and have cleared cache, cookies and added AK to "Trusted Sites" list. No improvement so far. I have a hunch it's a combination of things both at the AK web host...
  6. D

Vintage Voltage Denver

My experience at this year's show I've attended and thoroughly enjoyed the last two Vintage Voltage shows, so was really eager to go again this year. I paid extra for the Early Bird ticket and was the first one though the door. Top of my wish list was a Fisher 500C receiver and saw 2 right...
  7. D

Nice console system in Elmhurst IL

Very well put.....Exactly what I was trying to express. :thmbsp:
  8. D

Nice console system in Elmhurst IL

Dynaman I've been following this thread with interest and hoping for a better outcome than parting out such a wonderfull example of Vintage gear. Just finished viewing the first items over on eBay-what a shame....
  9. D

Sui-san -I saw one of your posts from a few years past regarding a tech bulletin for repairing...

Sui-san -I saw one of your posts from a few years past regarding a tech bulletin for repairing dial cord slippage for the QR-6500. Do you still have that info or a link so I could check it out. Mine's slipping like crazy........Thanks in advance. dcchris
Back
Top Bottom