Search results

1. dboy69

Cartridge chose help.

Hi All, I have a question to pose to all of you, I am looking to purchase a new LOMC cartridge for my pioneer plc-590 and wanted to see if any of you out there might own either of my two choices, Ortofon Kontrapunkt A or the Benz-Micro Ace S SM. These two cartridges are similarly priced and...
  2. dboy69

PLC590 and SAEC WE308 cart recommendation

Hi All, I recently got a new rig the Pioneer PLC-590, SAEC WE308 tonearm with a shure v15 v mounted. I have no idea how worn the v15 is so i replaced the cartridge with a sumiko bluepoint that I have owned since new. I set it up and it sounds quite good but the sumiko is also fairly old and...
  3. dboy69

no opinions? Hi All, Just an update, have 3 new cartridge candidates all from ortofon, the mc rondo red, the mc rondo blue, and a Kontrapunkt A (good price on this one). Any thoughts? Andrew
  4. dboy69

Hi All, I recently got a new rig the Pioneer PLC-590, SAEC WE308 tonearm with a shure v15 v mounted. I have no idea how worn the v15 is so i replaced the cartridge with a sumiko bluepoint that I have owned since new. I set it up and it sounds quite good but the sumiko is also fairly old and...
  5. dboy69

Revox PR-99

Hi All, Need some input, just purchased a Revox PR-99 and have a few questions: 1) When I play my tapes recorded on my pioneer RT-909 I hear backwards audio in channel 2 and channel 2 is low. I tried a pre-recorded commercial tape and it does the same thing. The place I got it from is...
  6. dboy69

Music Angel xd-se500mkiii

Thanks persil, I figured this would be just one of my tube amps that I would buy and I'm already eyeing up my next one. I will take your advice and look into the bewitch products they definately sound like another step up. It seems that there are more mods posted for the kt88 amps than the el34...
  7. dboy69

Hi Persil, The amp I got is the EL34 based amp but I am planning on getting another amp and I plan on looking at the KT88 based on the fact that there is documented mod that as you mentioned once done it creates a respectable sounding amp. I wish there were mods posted for the amp I have...
  8. dboy69

Hi All, Might anyone out there own one of these amps and be able to answer a question, this amp had a small toggle on top to select either ultra-linear or triode, which position of the switch is which? I asked the company I purchased it from but what they told me seems to make no sense. With...
  9. dboy69

Nak CR-3A Record/Playback issues

I purchased a CR-3A of ebay a while ago, initially everything was working great but just recently it has developed an annoying habit of stopping with about 1/8" to 3/16" of tape on the supply reel. I initially thought it was an idler tire issue but I was led to believe that this particular model...
  10. dboy69

Back in the Game with RT-909

Well, at long last I have finally got an answer to my RT-707 problem that had to go back to the Vintage store I got it from due to it playing so fast. I wasn't economical for repair so I was offered a refund or in store credit. He had a clean RT-909 with 2 pioneer pr-100 reels :D, one with tape...
  11. dboy69

RT-707 record quality.

Hi All, I will have to get back to you on all your great ideas once I have a working 707 again...:tears: Two nights back after picking up a Pioneer SA-5800, I hooked up my R2R to the new amp and played a tape only to find it playing extremely fast. Upon closer inspection it appears the...
  12. dboy69

Wood Glue as Vinyl Cleaner

I tried the glue and steam. You will need a steamer and microfibre cloth. Shoot record with steam at high level to warm up record then with record rotating on an old turntable run steamer 1 1/2 inches from record start at center and move to outside of record move in and out fast until you have...
  13. dboy69

RT-707 record quality.

Thanks Zeacon69, I will try the demag first prior to playing with the azimuth on the record head. As i said though I am sure it is either the record head is shot or needs adjustment since playback in both directions is mint on material recorded on a different deck. So I'll borrow my friends...
  14. dboy69

Wood Glue as Vinyl Cleaner

Hi All, Have any of you thought of steaming the record first and then wiping it clean, after which apply the glue as usual. The theory being the steam loosens the crud and the yanks it out. the only thing you need to be careful is not to steam to close to the record or in one place as this...
  15. dboy69

RT-707 record quality.

I have cleaned the heads but I don't have a tape head demagnetizer yet, my next acquisition. As i said I have several tapes that have been recorded on other units and playback awesome. That is why I was thinking the record azimuth might be the culprit. Biggest difficulty I am having is getting...
  16. dboy69

RT-707 record quality.

Hi All, Now I have had my 707 for a few days I have questions I hope a few fellow 707 owners might be able to answer. I have made several recordings and I have noticed that the record quality is good but when switching between source and tape there is a noticeable loss of highs, not that the...
  17. dboy69

RT-707 counter issues

Thanks Audiojones, I'll give a try thanks for the quick response.
  18. dboy69

RT-707 counter issues

Hi All, I am hoping one of you who knows the Pioneer RT-707 R2R well might be able to help me, I purchased a 707 this week it is my first venture in R2R and the learning curve thou steep is getting easier. Here is the problem my 707 plays and records fine all functions work correctly but the...
Back
Top Bottom