Search results

1. TWTRTECH

Dim Bulb Tester Build and How-To

quote "I used one for years that was just a real quick and dirty "need this now" affair. Took an extension cord, cut one side of it and placed a ceramic lamp socket in series with the cut side. Only within the past week did I finally mount it on a piece of wood." end Quote. That is the exact...
  2. TWTRTECH

Speakers keep crackling and disconnecting, but not the headphones

Did you check the speaker relay, can easily be the cause..
  3. TWTRTECH

Massive pain to remove an IC?

Chip Quik - ChipQuik Alloy (10)
  4. TWTRTECH

Massive pain to remove an IC?

For times like this, I found "Chip Quick" to be a life saver, it's a low temperature solder and flux to go with it. made for surface mount components, but work great with through the hole parts too. Amazing stuff..
  5. TWTRTECH

Ten year old AV receiver not repairable.

What model Yamaha is it?
  6. TWTRTECH

Guidance on using a power amp on a subwoofer

Would be great to add this between the receiver and the amp. https://reverb.com/item/44117372-dbx-subharmonic-synth-120-synthesizer
  7. TWTRTECH

Replaced faulty Sony laser assembly only to have new issue.

Many times i have found the disc spindle motor to be problematic, sometimes oiling thre bearings help but not always.
  8. TWTRTECH

Help setting Oscilloscope

You know that just below the oscilloscope screen are two test points, put there for calibration, .2 volt and 2 volt square wave. You just connect the scope probe to either one,. its usually for calibrating the scope probe.
  9. TWTRTECH

Tuner string slipping cure

Thats old hat, been using bees wax on dial string for over thirty years now.
  10. TWTRTECH

Any clues please on "Hans Lab" preamp?

Amazing how similar that is to an Audio Research Preamp.
  11. TWTRTECH

Replacing old spring terminals with posts - parts question.

How about this.. https://www.parts-express.com/round-speaker-terminal-cup-2-15-16-gold-binding-post-banana-jack--260-283']https://www.parts-express.com/round-speaker-terminal-cup-2-15-16-gold-binding-post-banana-jack--260-283
  12. TWTRTECH

Simpson users - D cell replacement?

Yes i have seen that so much with the Duracell Batteries, even when not used and in storage. not so much with Eveready Batteries cells, though i did see a few leak..
  13. TWTRTECH

how do you replace this cable bushings?

Had pliers similar to this , worked great for 30 years.
  14. TWTRTECH

All Jethro Tull & Ian Anderson Releases & Recordings

I did not see, Jethro Tull "A Classic Case" album.
  15. TWTRTECH

Anyone know how to fix the Weller EC solder stations?

Every time i had problems with my Weller irons, it always turned out to be a bad wiring connection between the iron and the base, usually at the connection to the base. a few times i just had to replace the iron with the wiring itself, as they fail at times.
  16. TWTRTECH

any one have a idea what this is?

Would be nice to see the back of this rack system..
  17. TWTRTECH

External VU meter? Where do I find one?

If you can find one of these Heathkit AD-1307 units, they are pretty good.
  18. TWTRTECH

Optimus CD-7200 Missing Lens

That looks to be a Pioneer lens mechanism ass'y that reads and plays the disc upsidedown in their six disc changers. I have seen this many times at work, and nine out of ten times that I reset the lens and use the smallest touch of glue, the unit worked fine for me. Also a couple of times I had...
  19. TWTRTECH

HK 825 likes to blink

I go with possibly a bad power switch, arcing till contact is fully made.
  20. TWTRTECH

Distorsion sound when Powering On NAD 3020 ?

Most likely your power switch is going bad, has initial arcing when turning the unit on.
  21. TWTRTECH

Add on Power Meters

there was this meter from Heathkit..
  22. TWTRTECH

Nakamichi 480 intermittent play, fast forward and rewind

The cam motor shaft, also can have dried grease on it. I would check that first. if so you would have to remove it to properly clean out the dried grease then relube with lithium grease.
  23. TWTRTECH

Yamaha TX 1000

You may want something like this, a PAL to F adaptor, which used to be packed with many of these Yamahas...
  24. TWTRTECH

Help, how do these wire to board connectors come off?

On those soldered in wire headers, many times (but not always) I find if I follow the wiring harness to its other end. That is where the detachable plug ass'y is.
Back
Top Bottom