Search results

1. nickhead

SX-315 and M61540FP chip

I don't want to debate whether or not this receiver is worth fixing. I know it's a POS. I'm doing it for the challenge. Does anyone have experience with this receiver or the M61540FP chip? I send in a 1kH 1V signal, and I get a 1kH 600mV signal out of the DSP board. So the receiver does...
  2. nickhead

SR7200 Output replacements

Any ideas what to replace the SAP16PY and SAP16NY with in this amp? This was sold as "Powers on", which technically it does for about 3 seconds. Nick
  3. nickhead

Nakamichi TA-2A with an interesting problem

Hey guys! Yes, I have returned from the grave :-) We got custody of our granddaughter and I haven't had the time or energy to do much electronics work. But I did pick up another of my favorites a few months ago. An almost mint TA-2A. Just now getting around to open her up. She's been...
  4. nickhead

Realistic MTA-8 dial cord routing

Does anyone have an MTA-8 and can post a photo of the dial cord routing for me? I just picked one up and can't for the life of me figure out how to route the new cord. Thanks! Nick
  5. nickhead

KR-7400 with a constant hum in both channels

I picked this up recently. Has a hum in both channels. While troubleshooting I found that if I tapped the relay the hum would go away for a few seconds. So I reflowed the relay. No change. Ordered a new relay, put him in. Still has a hum, but tapping the relay now has no effect. Any ideas...
  6. nickhead

Nakamichi TA-2A again

So after fixing my "no FM until warm up" issue with the TA-2A, I know have lost my 30v. FM just died while I was burning it in. Who knows about that 30v leg? The schematic is lacking a lot in that area. I replaced Q408 with a KSC945CGBU as I had no voltage on the E. Now I see B=18v,C=40v...
  7. nickhead

Nakamichi TA-2A No FM lock until warmed up

Hi all. I am moving this thread from the solid state forum to the tuner forum as it might be more appropriate here. I have experience working on older audio equipment, but generally don't work on these "newer" IC controlled machines. I got this one to give it a shot. The problem, as...
  8. nickhead

Sansui D-W10 making me feel stupid...

Just acquired this deck. Seems like everything works, both decks, both directions, sounds great. But does anyone know how the dubbing works? I've pressed buttons for half an hour and can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Nick
  9. nickhead

Pioneer F-X50 tuner help needed

Anyone familiar with this tuner and have a schematic handy? I have a schematic for the 240v (F-X50L) version, but that doesn't help me. I have a no power situation and I think I have a bad voltage select switch, the readings out of it don't seem right, but I don't know what they should be...
  10. nickhead

SX-838 Replacement caps

What are you all using for these caps? They've been discontinued: AWH-031-A: C1: 1uF 25v CSSA: 667-ECQ-V1H105JL3 1uF 50v AWH-031-A: C2: 1uF 25v CSSA: 667-ECQ-V1H105JL3 1uF 50v AWH-031-A: C3: .47uF 25v CSSA: 667-ECQ-V1H474JL3 .47uF 50v AWH-031-A: C4: .47uF 25v CSSA: 667-ECQ-V1H474JL3 .47uF...
  11. nickhead

SX-838 won't come out of protect

I'm "new" to the forums, although I've been a lurker for about a decade. I've absorbed a great deal of information from the threads here. I now have a problem I can't figure out. SX-838, relay not engaging. I'm not an electronics expert, but I have more than a basic understanding. I was...
  12. nickhead

Pioneer Score!

Thanks to oldskl for pointing me to this stack of Pioneer gear today: DT-500 Timer DT-510 Timer SA-730 Amp F-9 Tuner (missing the door) I already have 1 of these and it's a great tuner! CT-9R Cassette Deck SG-9 Equalizer I'd already cleaned up the EQ before I took the photo. It was...
  13. nickhead

Pioneer F-9

I picked up an F-9 today at the goodwill for $5. It was missing the door, but I figured for that price why not give it a try. I looked it up on fmtunerinfo when I got home and was surprised to find out it actually a decent tuner. Got her hooked up and was met with a nasty hum:scratch2: Found...
  14. nickhead

Cassette deck problems

I picked up a Sansui SC-5330 yesterday. All works fine with headphones. I finally got around to hooking it to a receiver today and it has a really muddy sound to it. Back to the headphones and it sounds fine. Hooked it to another receiver and it got the muddy/washed out sound. I cleaned all...
  15. nickhead

Yard sale finds. Unbelievable!!

Found a Pioneer CT-W103 dual cassette for $1. Figured I couldn't go wrong for that even if it doesn't work. As I'm paying for it he tells me he has a Pioneer LD too. I didn't need it, but asked to see it. It's a CLD-V750. It looked fine, no remote. Asked how much....$1 :thmbsp: I have...
  16. nickhead

Tonearm wire

I just picked up a Marantz TT from the Goodwill ($3.50). Missing the feet and needs a new stylus. Got her home, plugged her up, put on a headshell from another TT and she sounds fine! But only from one channel:scratch2: Some poking around and I found one of the wires from the cartridge to...
  17. nickhead

Hello from Ky

Hey guys. I'm Nick, I live in KY and have been collecting audio equipment for some time now. I mainly listen to classical music and classic rock. I collect classical LP's, my main area of interest is Tchaikovsky. I was trained in electronics in the Army and try to do most repair work myself...
Back
Top Bottom