Search results

1. miniman82

MAC1500 alternate schematic?

I think my main problem with attempting to repair this receiver right now is that the technical data does not match the chassis. Prints I have are from a service manual with effectivity on chassis serial numbers 10E01 thru 11E00, and this is the same manual which is plastered all over the...
  2. miniman82

MAC1500 input board pic plz

I hate Mac sometimes for not labeling their boards, can anyone post a shot of the front of one of the input cards? I think some transistors might be out of place on the one I have in front of me, but I have nothing to compare it to and the web was a dead end. Issue is it burned a resistor, but...
  3. miniman82

Heard this might be rare, need more info

Can’t find much on it, any gurus have intel?
  4. miniman82

Tigersaurus Question

Took me a while, but I found a pair of them for $150/shipped on ebay. As expected there was a bunch of bad silicon in each of them, but after replacing all the bad stuff and making a few circuit repairs they are both running and sounding good with no DC offset or anything like that. My question...
  5. miniman82

Adcom GFA-585 repair

Yes, another one of these amps with DC offset. Actually, it’s hitting the positive rail and won’t come off it. I’m not adept at transistor amps having only messed with tubes most of my life, but just having repaired a Peavey CS-800 has me feeling lucky. What’s been done so far: soaked the board...
  6. miniman82

MI-3 replacement transformer

A number of people have asked about this when I mentioned repairing my original transformer in my own MI-3 thread, and I just ran into a guy on eBay who actually replaced one so I picked his brain a little: “It's a Hammond 6K3VG. This is a drop in replacement if the unit already has a voltage...
  7. miniman82

MX-150 arrived

Just picked it up this past weekend, the linchpin to my 1,760 watt home theater system. It will control: MC-2125: front channels (Definitive towers) MC-2125: center channel (home made line array featuring 8x 4" mid frequency drivers, 2x mid horns, 2x high frequency horns) MC-2120: mid...
  8. miniman82

Rescued an MI-3

This was a cheap $200 eBay find, but it did have some serious problems. Obviously the glass is toast, at some point the scope test switch took a hard impact and broke the wafer. No trace on the CRT either. The power transformer in these uses hair fine copper wire for the -1300v CRT supply...
  9. miniman82

Mac half breeds acceptable here?

I picked up this ratty MC2100 from a guy in cali a couple months ago, and wasn't really sure what direction I wanted to go with it so it sat for a while till I could make up my mind. Since the electronics had been gutted all I had was a chassis, the transformers, terminals, and a whole lot of...
  10. miniman82

Mcintosh scam

if this is the wrong forum please move as appropriate. I've seen this scam earlier in the year, do not attempt to buy anything from seller 'auto4' on eBay. Listing is not done according to eBay standards, and it's the same inappropriate terms for all items. I reported him to eBay, hopefully...
  11. miniman82

MC2002 parts?

I know this is probably a long shot, but I've called everyone I can find trying to locate a driver board for my 2002. It was smashed to pieces by UPS (don't get me started), and it's now just sitting around making me sad. If I can locate the board I'll keep it like it's supposed to be, if not...
  12. miniman82

Any room for the Clarion made car units?

Not exactly Mac stuff, but I couldn't pass up the chance to put the name and the look in my van. Didn't work when I got it off EBay, but for $99 shipped I figured what the heck. Problem wound up being a 100,000uf capacitor that leaked and ate a trace and an SMD resistor, breaking the...
  13. miniman82

MC-2125 capacitors

Friends, I need to know if there is a direct replacement for the 4x 10,000uf power supply caps in this amplifier, I've looked at all the online electronics places but if the diameter and height match the terminal spacing never does. Any help appreciated.
  14. miniman82

Just my luck: MC240

I say luck because I've never made enough money to be able to afford good Mac gear, so I've always assumed I'd be buying broken stuff to bring back to life myself since I have the knowledge to do that sort of work. Not to sound like I'm complaining, but I just picked up an MC2002 that needs...
  15. miniman82

Adcom GFA-585

A friend gave me this amp, said it didn't work anymore. Being that I'm in need of a decent amp for my home theater subwoofers (twin 15"ers in the ceiling above the couch), I figured I'd give repairing it a shot since 250w/ch would be killer on those speakers. Quick google search showed these...
  16. miniman82

help me figure this out- someone's project

So I hooked up with an eBay seller on a bunch of items that went unsold, buying anything I thought might be useful to me. Mostly test equipment, like an HP 334A distortion analyzer and a Tektronics LC meter which by themselves were worth what I paid for the whole load. In the haul was this...
  17. miniman82

Picked up a C28

Finally joining the club, been a fan for a long time. I couldn't pass on this C28 I saw online for only $300 shipped, only thing physically wrong was it needed a new glass panel and foam which will be here Friday. I understand it's probably a good idea to recap it before use just like old TV's...
  18. miniman82

Universal Tigers

Grrrr! A friend out of state just mailed me a pair of these transistor amplifiers, they were once part of a large public address system that had 6 of them in one cabinet. What I got in the box was enough to reconstruct them, except for a power transformer that I can buy online for around...
  19. miniman82

MC2200 for $400 in La Habra

I'd go get it myself, but I'm stuck here on the other coast. Passing along in hopes someone here will snag it. https://us.letgo.com/en/i/black-and-gray-rectangular-device_56442ead-da82-45d7-b4f3-68ec46c32197
  20. miniman82

Fisher X-100-C and 6JE6's?

So I noticed NOS quads of 7868 tubes are priced in the stupid range right about now, but being a TV guy I have piles of NIB 6JE6's I could put in there with a little effort. Anyone ever try it before? I'll have to regulate the G2 voltages lower and probably futz with the heater stuff a little...
  21. miniman82

Steel cabinet full of tooby stuff

Looks like it came out of a school or something, sure would like to have it but it's too far from me now that I've moved to the east coast. https://us.letgo.com/en/i/bowen-m330a-tube-amp-hk-tuner-garrard-turntable_6dfec1ad-3c11-469c-8934-f83967092c17
  22. miniman82

Fisher X-400-C

Yes I know, you've never heard of it. Well here it is, an X-100 with 400 OPT's in it. Now before you start screaming about sacrilege and how I gutted an ostensibly good 400, the iron came from eBay for a hundred bucks and the amp itself was a freebie from a buddy I know. Both original OPT's were...
  23. miniman82

Fisher X-100C output transformer

Morning all, I inherited this amp and I would like to use it to replace the Bogen RP-230 I'm currently using in the den (more power for my QB's), but one of the output transformers has been replaced. I'm looking for a stock one, so I can put it back the way it's supposed to be. Thanks for looking!
  24. miniman82

Upgraded to Java 8, chat doesn't work...

No idea what I did, but version SE 8 U does not work with the chat room. Really hate Java lately...
  25. miniman82

Fisher 500C at estate sale in NY

Not affiliated with this sale Comes with a free TV! :D http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/NY/New-City/10956/696105
Back
Top Bottom