Search results

1. Waynefi

MA6300 bright and thin sounding ....................................

I thought I should respond to this with further info. Problem solved, the MAC is gone, and a new amp and preamp in it's place, a 5th different brand. Only thing changed is the MAC, go figure.
  2. Waynefi

Unfortunately for me there was here and a few other places , but goes back at least 10 years. Wish I would have found that first.
  3. Waynefi

Well, after enough research, I found enough comments that others verified the same thing I am hearing going back 10 years. This unit I just bought is an early one about 10 years old. It seems some slight changes were possibly made to later production units, so at least it is not just me. This is...
  4. Waynefi

Well, all cabling was correct. So I tried the Graham Slee verse the 6300 phono. I was surprised to hear that the MAC phono section did not sound as bright. Much of the "tizziness" was gone. Now hearing The Graham Slee (this is there newest) with a tube and another solid state, this takes me...
  5. Waynefi

FWIW the Phono Pre is the Graham Slee Accession.
  6. Waynefi

Certainly something to check.
  7. Waynefi

So I should add, I had this only for about 3 or 4 weeks . My turntable was/is fine before this arrived on other amps. The 6300 has never been fine. I never got to use my Modwright Oppo with it as it went down at about the same time as the 6300 arriving. TT has been being used all along. But I...
  8. Waynefi

SO, I fired up my 6300 and immediately thought, wow what the heck is that ? I tried a few other LP's, as my Modwright Oppo is in for a checkup, and more of the same. I was totally surprised, and disappointed. I read comments similar to my thoughts but I dismissed them, since there were...
  9. Waynefi

Which Speakers are you using with McIntosh Integrated?

MA-6300 with Tetra 305's
  10. Waynefi

Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

MA-6300 with Tetra 305's
  11. Waynefi

Repair / Replace remote HR044 for MA6300

Well in the end I just bought a Harmony 650, used their program for the Mac 6300 on line, and customized it a bit. At $51.00 bucks, seems to be a pretty capable remote. My guess is McIntosh would probably be at least double that price. Though it still maybe worth having a working McIntosh brand...
  12. Waynefi

Interestingly, I just talked to those guys for 10 Minutes Thursday, and was told nothing is available ??? Audio Classics told me the same thing, and that that particular remote is not one they attempt to fix ? Any idea what the price is for the HR085 ? Thanks for your info on another service...
  13. Waynefi

Good morning, I have a MAC HR044 remote, in this case with my 6300 Integrated. I believe this is not the only remote that was used on the 6300 over its production. Nothing available from McIntosh right now, or maybe ever In any case, it is in mint cosmetic condition , but only works...
  14. Waynefi

VPI Traveler, anybody using the Gingko "plinth" mounted dust cover ?

Just curious if anybody has one of these for thier Traveler ? I assume the table top is more common. But I prefer the plinth mount, but because of design, this plinth mount looks to sit on glued on little squares in the corners, while the cover itself overhangs the actual plinth . If you have...
  15. Waynefi

Kenwood KD-500 Question

People are using 9 and 10" arms on these. Here is my KD 500 with an arm board I made out of corian. 1/2" pieces bonded together.
  16. Waynefi

Dave Brubeck Gone!

In my case magical and mystery !
  17. Waynefi

Dave Brubeck Gone!

I have spent 20+ years wondering where my Mobile Fidelity Magical Mystery Tour went. Just disappeared never to be found ???? :tears:
  18. Waynefi

Replacement base/plinth for Dual 721?

Glad my lead panned out for you. Wayne
  19. Waynefi

Replacement base/plinth for Dual 721?

Bill at http://fixmydual.com has Walnut bases that should fit for about $90.00. Wayne
  20. Waynefi

Is it time to say goodbye to vinyl?

You will be sorry. I have done this 2 or 3 times and end up back into vinyl.
  21. Waynefi

Weekend project: VPH HW-19 upgrade

First off, nice ideas for the HW-19 from everybody. Tedrick, your 19 looks like it is coming along nice. I too am working on my 19 again, and will certainly review some of all your ideas. HI Mark, long time no speak. My 19 is still down from when we were talking last year But I started...
  22. Waynefi

Onkyo CP-1057f turntable, any experience with it?

I had one I bought new for many years. It was a nice TT, and is suspended, unlike most DD turntables. I do not remember anything else about the table. I believe I had a Ortofon X3-MC mounted.
  23. Waynefi

Best 2 channel SACD player?

What can you tell me about the modder you spoke with. Whom was it and what are the costs. I have an S9000ES. I have had many people tell me this should be modded. Frankly I have never trusted the whole modding thing, but certainly would like to be convinced otherwise. I have also been told by...
  24. Waynefi

Shelter 201 ??

I think the link I provided pointed that out. It commented it was not identical, and had some differences. Where they go wrong in my opinion, is essentially they claim that based on the success of their higher end moving coil carts, they have designed their first MM cart. The reality is they...
  25. Waynefi

Shelter 201 ??

Based on and being the same thing are different I guess. I ended up with a Clearaudio Arum Beta MkII. I like it, though I have not done a lot of comparisons, but others like it also.
Back
Top Bottom