Search results

1. scottrt

Hi Rob: My wife and I are relocating and wondered if you would be interested in any of my Sansui...

Hi Rob: My wife and I are relocating and wondered if you would be interested in any of my Sansui stock.Scott Thompson in San Ramon. Call me at 925-648-one669
  2. scottrt

AU919 output alternatives

Bummer... there is no PNP mate to the 2N6341/2N6338 Scott T.
  3. scottrt

SANSUI G6000 shipping damage challenge?

Indeed, very nice. No reason it won't sound good as new. Enjoy the fruits of your efforts! Scott T.
  4. scottrt

AU-717 F2721 board

I'd swap-out the multi-turn trimmer with another just to be sure it was not defective. Scott T.
  5. scottrt

Bad News For Bassnutt

Really sad to hear he is gone...especially in such an unexpected way. Butch and I did alot of trade supplying missing parts for each others' Sansui projects. We will all miss him greatly. Thank-you for the news, and God bless Butch and his family. Scott T.
  6. scottrt

AU717 - One channel is weaker than the other

You have eliminated the power amp (and speakers) as the problem by feeding the right pre-amp into the left power amp and vice versa? This question was posed by Hyperion 3 months ago. The result will determine if the problem is on one of the two driver boards or something upstream like the preamp...
  7. scottrt

AU-717 no Bias help!

Did you replace the bias trimmers with 25 turn ones? If so, you have to turn the adjuster clockwise at least 12 turns before any mv will show. Scott T.
  8. scottrt

AT- 440MLa -VS- AT-150MLX

The Ortofon 2M bronze is an incredible performer in all respects on an Technics arm. Great choice IMO for higher priced MM carts. Scott T.
  9. scottrt

SP-15 - Anything wrong with this solution?

Brake fix Please see the following pictures of the SP-15 brake solenoid and actuating assembly. Stiff old grease is your problem. Take careful pic or notes to be sure you reassemble it correctly after cleaning and light re-lube. Then it works amazingly well. Scott T.
  10. scottrt

need a foot for a au-717

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/case-cabinet-feet/3467
  11. scottrt

Could be the balance pot itself. I have seen many of them that needed a few good rounds of cleaning before working quietly and evenly. 'Scott T
  12. scottrt

New Member! Really Dirty AU-717, Need Advice

It will sound even nicer after some burn-in time. Great amp, great work! Scott T.
  13. scottrt

replace the four 82 ohms fuse resistors on the preamp board, and the two VD1212 diodes (each with two 1N4148 diodes in series). Scott T.
  14. scottrt

Sansui AU-717 Volume levels are unexpectedly high

BINGO!!! What pete_mac said! The muting switch is there to give you fine control at lower listening levels. Most of these 717's are fairly loud at 2 or 3 clicks when being fed by a CD player.
  15. scottrt

Here's one for you AU-717 experts...

Then I guess you do have ghosts in your machine. Lets hope they continue to behave. Scott T.
  16. scottrt

Here's one for you AU-717 experts...

If you were to check voltages inside the unit coming from the power-supply board you would find them all LOW when running thru your DBT, and sometimes this is just not enough for the protection cct to kick in properly. Personally, if the DBT shows proper results and protection keeps blinking...
  17. scottrt

Sansui au-717

Include replacing the four 15000uf main filter caps will go along way in helping it handle 4 ohm loads at louder volumes. Scott T.
  18. scottrt

vintage hi end sansui VS modern $2000 DTS amps

I had 3300 series Denon AVR HT 7 years ago and a clean vintage Sansui, especially a great sounding one like your Alpha 907 , will blow the Denon out of the water sooooo bad, you would NEVER listen to two channel thru it again. I couldn't. Scott T.
  19. scottrt

AU-717 Reconnecting Input Selector Wires

Brown=phono2 Red=phono1 Orange=tuner Yellow=Aux The white wire goes to the shorter pin of each LED. Make sure pins are straight and perfectly parallel. Scott T.
  20. scottrt

Sansui SR-838 Tone arm loose?

The SR-838 is not a knife edge bearing, but the 929 is. If you remove the plastic bottom cover you will see a large nut that secures the tonearm base to the particle board plinth. Scott T.
  21. scottrt

Sansui Eight is driving me nuts!!

Same symptoms for me were dirty relay contacts. It is a 4 pole relay and only 3 are used. I moved my intermittently weak channel to the fresh contacts. Scott T
  22. scottrt

AU-919 capacitor replacement

I will make a few comments as to why I replace sooo many components when I do a RESTORATION, because i didn't use to, but then: I found an annoying hiss or subtle flutter the the background after auditioning a finished piece...forcing my AR self to go back in to find the offending transistor...
  23. scottrt

AU-919 capacitor replacement

Here is a link to my restoration pics.. Scott T http://s694.beta.photobucket.com/user/scottrt/library/AU-919%20Early%20version
  24. scottrt

Cooling fan on AU-717?

FYI: I just got reply form M Percy stating he does have the 15k 63v Nichicons available in both Gold Tune and Super Through varieties. Scott T.
  25. scottrt

Sansui AU-D11 =restoring=

You check output transistors, or transistors in general, with the 'diode test' setting, not ohms. What is your history in electronics or kit building? The question is what failed and took out the two outputs? This is an amp best repaired by an expert IMHO. Learned something new...
Back
Top Bottom