Search results

1. patokapirate

Landscapes

Old farm on the way to my camp. Springtime.
  2. patokapirate

Landscapes

Patoka Lake in Indiana. Early October.
  3. patokapirate

Let's see your unique Stereo Cabinets and Entertainment Centers!

I made this out of a single sheet of cabinet plywood and 4 caster wheels to hold the KR9600 in the bottom center. Ripping the sheet in half made the unit 2 foot wide. The ends and two dividers were then cut off of each 8' x 2' piece. I left the inside natural and painted the exterior white...
  4. patokapirate

Psvanne TS-66

Sorry to hear about these issues. Mine came today and I have been listening to it less than an hour. Using an imac as a source through a 1/8 to RCA patch cord in my office. A set of Klipsch synergy B3 bookshelf speakers on each side of the monitor screen and I'm in business. As of this time...
  5. patokapirate

My new bargain system (from the UK).

Nice looking system.
  6. patokapirate

Bose Wave Radio Opinions?

Some mini systems have the clock /alarm feature in them and do not take up much more space than a clock radio. I had a sony mini with clock alarm, radio, cd player and cassette.
  7. patokapirate

Psvane T66 - Additional Input & Speakers

I just ordered the T 66 from the closeout sale. I wanted to get a mark 2 tube processor for my office system to take the edge off my "computer music". I have one in the bedroom and really like the sound. Alas, the site showed them as out of stock, but for the closeout price I went ahead and...
  8. patokapirate

Adcom ! Great amplifiers ? Or speaker KILLERS ?

I run a pair of 555 se amps through a NAD pre and a set of Eminent Technology flat panel speakers. (real power hogs) I think this latest version has solved the problems of the earlier series units. To my ears they sounded a little harsh until the addition of a Grant Fidelity B283 MK2. The...
  9. patokapirate

Vintage Marantz..whcih one?

Love the KR 8010 got one myself. Go with a Marantz 22xx as a second you will love the sound and look of these blue eyed beauties.
  10. patokapirate

What's your favorite test track

I used Dan Fogelberg "Netherlands" (Vinyl LP) in my younger days. Listening for the strings and clarity of vocals. I really don't test or can't test gear I buy as vintage now, since I'm buying at thrifts or yard sales. Great question though, and thanks for the memories of buying or upgrading...
  11. patokapirate

more proof that bagpipes are evil

Whats the difference between a bagpipe and a trampoline? You take off your shoes before you jump on a trampoline.
  12. patokapirate

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I hit the ones in Louisville KY and it's been slim pickings there too. I think everyone here just moves stuff around instead of donating it. The old equipment first gets moved to the kids room, then the basement rec room then the garage workshop. LOL
  13. patokapirate

Calling All Recollections Of All-In-One Stereos!

I had a Zenith Allegro Quad System purchased with a summers worth of grass cutting money. About 400 bucks in the mid 70's. It was purchased from a local furniture store because there were no stereo stores in town at that time. Funny thing was I wanted a Zenith Wedge System like I saw in my...
  14. patokapirate

Songs that mention other bands

The New Radicals "You Get What You Give" mentions some fellow bands and musicians.
  15. patokapirate

what are the top ten affordable vintage receivers?

In keeping with the spirit of the orig. question. The Pioneer SX 7xx seem to be less bid up and sought after than their larger frame SX 8xx and up. Many of the marantz receivers up to 50 watts slip through the cracks too. One of my favorites is the Kenwood KR 8010 which was their second most...
  16. patokapirate

Songs that mention other bands

Bowling for Soup "1985" mentions a lot of old favorites from when MTV played music
  17. patokapirate

Saved Marantz 2215 B

Looks great.
  18. patokapirate

Audio of the future

I'm keepin' my SX 850 and Ohm speakers. But looking for a 3D holographic plasma disc player to add to the system. :)
  19. patokapirate

Carver cube???

The z box goes between a receiver and the cube. If you are using a preamp and the cube you don't need one.
  20. patokapirate

Carver Cube M-400

Get the Yamaha 840. I own a Carver cube. I've had it since new and it just now needs to be repaired. Despite it's nearly 30 years of faithful service I wouldn't buy another. and am debating even repairing this one. The problem is they are odd. The look alone puts a lot of people off them...
  21. patokapirate

LOW and WIDE Audio Racks, If you prefer them...

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee324/patokapirate/DSCN0434.jpg?t=1269692156 I built my own and put it on wheels to make it easy to swap gear and get to the wires.
  22. patokapirate

Discwasher fluid still around?

I just bought a couple discwashers at my local repair shop. Didn't think about a refill at that time, but if they still make and sell the kits they should still make the refill.
  23. patokapirate

FINALLY talked the wife into allowing hifi in the living room!

Awesome! A man club win. It's a rainy Monday here at the house, and it's good to hear stories with happy endings.
  24. patokapirate

Cambridge Azur 640C V2

I could only afford the 340 c, but it is the best sounding cd player I've ever owned. It sounds great. I first heard one at a friends house with monitor silver series speakers and an adcom 555 amp and preamp. They are available for $279 bucks from Audio Adviser thru Amazon. No affiliation...
Back
Top Bottom