Search results

1. texan49

DIY solder sucker

All good information, thanks everyone.
  2. texan49

DIY solder sucker

I'll pass the information onto the new owner, Thanks.
  3. texan49

DIY solder sucker

Thanks for the information, it has a finger push button switch that is wired to turn the pump on and off. I'm not sure about the plastic thing, would it be used as some type of filter ? It has a nipple at the top for in and out.
  4. texan49

DIY solder sucker

Anybody use something like this for removing solder from a board ? I found it at a estate sale, not really sure of how to put it all together. Thanks for any help.
  5. texan49

I guess I could cryrogenetically treat all of my tubes......

A little over a foot of Snow last night, minus 8 tonight, Springs right around the corner.....
  6. texan49

Sherwood S-7210 Rt. Channel weak.

OK, I have -34.1VDC and -33.5VDC on the emitter output transistor cases in order -1VDC +33.5VDC +34.6VDC 0VDC It appears that in this quasi-complimentery output transistor configuration that all the output transistors check out good. Any further measurements I can make ? Thanks for...
  7. texan49

How do I check for the -33VDC on the emitter, with the transistor cases mounted ? Since I had 34.9VDC on two of the out transistor cases, and 1.005VDC and .013VDC on the other, do you think they are good ?
  8. texan49

Since I don't have the 33 vdc on all four output collectors, I'll order the four new ones. What is the sealant that's under them, and should I apply more ? Thank You avionic for your help, getting me to this point.
  9. texan49

Thanks to A23gt for bringing avionic to the rescue, AudioKarma is the best.
  10. texan49

From Lt. too Rt. 1.005 34.9 34.9 .013 DC
  11. texan49

Do you just touch the back of the transistor case, with the unit powered up ?
  12. texan49

RT. to fuse .20 DC LT. to fuse .0 DC RT. to speaker output .20DC LT. to speaker .0 DC Speaker set to side A RT 3.8 ohms LT .7 ohms Set to side B RT 1.3 ohms LT 8.7 ohms
  13. texan49

OK, I'll give it a try and report back, Thanks.
  14. texan49

I'm thinking of installing new capacitors in the preamp board, and power supply board, none of them look bulged or leaking, but 40 some years old. I don't think I'll have to replace the 2 large 4700 uf 35v. , or should they be replaced also ? I made my list with , looks like 25 capacitors, and...
  15. texan49

Using headphones Rt. channel is still weak. Fuse is good, and cleaned it with deoxit, no change.
  16. texan49

pics,
  17. texan49

R625, R915, and R803 do not have a, or b designation. R605a is in line with R625.
  18. texan49

How do I check if a or b ? And yes all switches and controls have been cleaned.
  19. texan49

Yes I have the schematic, and a multi meter, but no ESR meter, ( yet ).
  20. texan49

Thanks, I've read that the capacitors go bad, If I new which one's to change that would be Great. I don't know if I should concentrate on the preamp board, or the power supply board.
  21. texan49

Would like to fix my wife's old Stereo, but need some help, Please. Looking over the boards all I found were 3 resistors that the casings had crumbled off All 3 were on the main amp & power supply board, # R625, R915, and R-803. I did not see any evidence of a bad capacitor on any board. Would...
  22. texan49

Help making cable from I-Pod to pre-amp

Thanks for the suggestions, I decided to just buy the cable already made up, and try my hand at making some RCA cables instead. With all the great tutorials on this site, I think I can handle that.
  23. texan49

Thanks for the reply, there cheap enough not to mess around trying to make one. I guess I was wondering how they are made though, you know something to do.
  24. texan49

How would I go about making a cable that plugs into a apple cube, then to a Pre-amp using RCA plugs ? Also what wire would you use for this application ? Thanks for any tips.
  25. texan49

Pretty amazed by my Grado cartridge body

Marc, Any suggestions as to what Grado cartridge to pick up, I was wanting to try a 8MR, but hard to find one, looking for next best to fit a 8MZ to. Thanks,
Back
Top Bottom