Search results

1. showett

Sound signature - Vintage vs Modern?

I have to agree with 62caddy for the most part. I have recently had a 225, 240, 230, 2505, 2105, 2125, 2200 that i had to fix for friends or bought to flip and a 4300 receiver that i used for years in my possession and some at the same time. They all sounded very similar to the point like...
  2. showett

Clarke Systems Premiere value.

I think the foam that covers the mids has disinterested and makes them look funky. I have only seen a few sets in photos but they all had flat foam over the mids.
  3. showett

Stancor CH-2133

This is my first listen to a williamson amp and have been very pleasantly surprised. I am using these daily now in place of my sherwood 5500 original version which is a very nice sounding amp but these have a wider and deeper sound stage with a little less low end but tighter and deeper, great...
  4. showett

Taming the Stancor "Williamson" Ultra-linear

I posted this on my thread but figured I would share my results here as well. The pics are at 1k and 10k into a 8ohm dummy load running about 3 watts. Both amps give the exact same results. I only used a 20pf cap across the feedback resistor. The shelf network didn't make any worthwile...
  5. showett

Stancor CH-2133

I finally got around to getting a fully functional set of these up and running with all new caps and wired correctly. Since they were converted to 6l6 not a one of the amps I got were wired exactly the same and used different components. That has all been changed. I was able to get a nice...
  6. showett

MC2505-1 rebuild questions

Sorry for the delay. Busy couple weeks. Here are the parts from McIntosh. Old P/N. New P/N. Transistor P/N 132-501. 132-254. C2362 KG9J 132-502. 132-254. C2362 KG9J 132-029. 132-255. A1016 KG0D 132-031. 132-255...
  7. showett

So I tried McIntosh parts and they did have current substitutes in stock for $1 each and I went with it. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. When I get the parts I can post the actual P/N for anyone interested.
  8. showett

I did download the semiconductor guide and have been working off that and have found there are compatable parts available. I wouldn't normally replace parts this way but since it has been serviced several times over the years some of the transistors have been replaced but not all and neither...
  9. showett

I have done some reading and found some info on possible substitutes but have had a hard time finding info on older part numbers listed in the service manual for my amp. I am looking for info if there is any on the following McIntosh part numbers. 132-021 132-029 132-031 132-032 132-501...
  10. showett

I have an early 2505 I plan to do a complete rebuild on including driver and input board transistors. This thing has been repaired several times over it's life by many different shops and many parts were replaced but only as needed so not everything matches from board to board. My main...
  11. showett

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Facebook market place find listed as 4 speaker boxes all for $50. First pic is how they were shown. I recognized that white cone and mid in half a second and sent a message.
  12. showett

MC2125 Speaker Relay Coil Voltage

I got 9.5v across the relay coil when energized. I do believe it has been modified to use the 12v relay. I included a couple pics.
  13. showett

I'll double check that voltage. The old relay didn't fail completely it was just intermittent on the right channel but the coil always pulled in. It did seem to be original but I'm not 100%. Thanks.
  14. showett

I replaced the speaker relay in a MC2125 and used a 12v coil relay since the one I removed was a 12v coil also. After some discussion with a friend that should have been a 48v coil. I replaced the diode across the coil as well and everything has been working fine for over a month now but was...
  15. showett

Minor (?) problem, with my 2100..

I have a 2505 that does the same thing. It has not been rebuilt but has been repaired a few times over the years, only replacing what was necessary. I have know this amp for 20 years and it has always done this. I'm now in possession of it and plan on a full rebuild. I will be interested to...
  16. showett

I've read about their amp and pre amp but never thought I would ever see one let alone own one. I wish I could have found the matching power amp.
  17. showett

This was a ware house sale find and I think a good haul. JVC KD-A77 EPICURE M-4 Pre Amp OPTONICA SA-5207 AMC T-7 Tuner Onkyo Integra T-4015 Tuner H/K TU615 Tuner Kyocera D-811 Planning to flip to fund my other projects and hopeful most works without much issue.
  18. showett

Stancor CH-2133

Yes they are a A-8072 transformer, and I should have said I'm going to use 6L6GC's since I have them on hand. I'm glad to hear the good thoughts on the amps and always appreciate the input. Thanks.
  19. showett

Stancor CH-2133

Great tip, thanks.
  20. showett

Stancor CH-2133

Thanks for the link, I'm going to go with 6L6's since I have them already. I'm excited to get them going, it sounds like these have some potential. Just need ti figure out their final home once they are done.
  21. showett

Stancor CH-2133

I was given 3 Stancor CH2133 Ultralinear amps with the matching power supply from a friend who said I can keep 2 if I return one working. These were built by his dad. He told me they used 6l6's but when I got them home I opened the box that contained the tubes that were used in them and found...
  22. showett

Already had that, got that with a stack other broken pro amps for free a while back.
  23. showett

Ha, sorry I forgot the most important detail. Theyre pyramid metronome 7s by Dick Sequerra with sequential serial numbers.
  24. showett

Facebook market place score. Ad was for a Sony stereo with speakers, one blurry picture but the speakers looked familiar so I jumped on it and $20 later I was correct on what they were. These will be a flip to fund my stancore Williamson ultralinera tube amp project. But will enjoy them for a...
  25. showett

MC30 Hum

Thanks for all the input. I did track down the hum to the .47 capacitor coming from the preamp socket and it having a grounded power cord installed. It's now dead silent but sounds flat and lifeless and distorts when input is increased, almost like the input is over driven. The circuit was un...
Back
Top Bottom