Search results

1. S

Celestion A1, Driver problem

I just picked up a nice pair of Celestion A1s with original stands for free! One of the bass drivers doesn't work unless I push the cone in about 10mm, as soon as I release it, it stops working again. Does anyone know what the problem may be? Thanks in advance for any advice.
  2. S

Sony STR-V4L

I was given a Sony STR-V4L receiver and it's awesome and in mint condition too, looks the same as this. I replaced all the lamps and I've been enjoying it for about a year, until today:worried:. I came home from work and realised I'd left it switched on all day (and night, and the previous...
  3. S

Baker Auditorium 12

Has anyone heard of these drive units? I've googled but had no luck. They are 12" cast aluminium woofers with a huge magnet (6" diameter and 2" thick), paper cone with folded edges, looks like they are from the late 60's or early 70's. Writing on the back says "Baker loudspeaker model...
  4. S

Kenwood KA3020SE

Does anyone know where I can find a manual for this amp? I've just spent half an hour googling for it so any help would be very much appreciated.
  5. S

Million Dollar Speakers

http://www.higherfi.com/spkrlist/speakerlist.htm
  6. S

High end gear or alcohol? :scratch2:

I just spent about £4 on four cans of beer (:smoke: ), I could have spent £10,000 on new speakers, amps, cd, DAC etc, and still not heard such a dramatic improvement. What should I do? should I spend £10,000 on high end gear and abstain from alcohol, or should I have a few beers maybe once...
  7. S

Mission Argonauts, Before and after.

I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of my Mission Argonauts as there isn't much information about these on the net. Heres what they looked like when I got them, they were painted grey from new but they had a yellow-ish nicotine patina when I got them.:thumbsdn: Before I sanded the paint...
  8. S

Full Dahlquist line up

Just read the DQ10 thread and now I'm wondering what other speakers they produced. I guess I'm intrigued because I know I'll never hear any, they just don't exist in England. Anyone got any pics of vintage Dahlquist?
  9. S

Clipping at low volume?

I was just listening to a Burning Spear CD at low volume when I noticed a pretty little red light on the front of my amp, flashing in time with the music. Upon closer inspection I discovered that the little red light is the 'clip' indicator. The amp in question is a BPC Kenwood KRF V5050dD...
  10. S

Pioneer LX-550

I just bought a LX 550 off ebay, I assume it is a European SX 550. Does anyone know if there was a complete LX series, right up to a LX 1250?
  11. S

Minimus 77 surrounds

Does anyone know where I can get surrounds for my Minimus 77's?
  12. S

Mission pre-amp

Someone buy this! Probably just needs a new battery. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MISSION-776-BATTERY-OPERATED-STEREO-PREAMP-NOT-WORKING_W0QQitemZ140093184211QQcategoryZ14974QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140093184211 no affiliation etc.
  13. S

IMF Galactron IC Mk10 B Amplifier.

Quote; Having lost my IMF RSPM Mk IV 's and turned to Bose I have to finally let my amp' go. :sigh: I just asked him how the Bose compares to the IMF setup, no answer yet.:sigh...
  14. S

Technics A 900 Reference power amp

Ok not exactly vintage but, I was given this amp as its faulty, I don't have a pre amp so I have connected it to my PC sound card, it seems to work fine at low volumes, sounds nice in fact. Problem is when I turn up the volume level on my PC the amp clicks and cuts out, I've took the top off...
  15. S

Optimus PRO-X44AV

Minimus 7 question Just bought a pair of Realistic Optimus PRO-X44AV speakers from a popular auction site :scratch2:, for £10 (haven't got them yet) Are they the same as Minimus 7's? if not what are the differences?
  16. S

UK AK Roll Call

How many members here from the U.K.? I know of a few such as Toto Man and Beobloke, I know there are a few more whose names I don't recall at the moment but there are also a lot of members who have not made their location known. Ideally I'd like a pecentage, why? I don't know. I'm guessing...
  17. S

Minimus 7s?

I've been looking for a pair of Minimus 7s for a while and I just spotted this pair on ebay, they don't look right to me, I thought they were made of metal but these ones look like plastic, should I wait for a different pair to come along...
  18. S

Pioneer HPM's

There's been a lot of talk about Pioneer HPM's on here lately, I've heard of HPM 60's, HPM 100's and HPM 1500, but lately I've started hearing a few new model numbers such as HPM 200, HPM 900. Does anyone know the full model line up, hopefully a few pics too? I've never seen a pair of HPM's in...
  19. S

Green dot by my name.

I just noticed that my name has a green dot next to it, a few others have too but most have a grey/gray dot, why is this and what does it mean.
  20. S

IMF turntable!

Interesting...... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IMF-Turntable-with-SME-3009-S2-Tone-Arm-Transcriptors_W0QQitemZ220029722279QQihZ012QQcategoryZ3283QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  21. S

Cambridge Audio R50 (Ebay UK)

Just spotted these at a low price, probably because there's no pictures. If I remember correctly the R50's are a huge, heavy transmission line speaker with KEF B139's, Kef B110's, T27's and Coles super tweeter. Someones going to get a great bargain...
  22. S

Ferro-Fluid (or lack of)

I recently took the tweeters from my Mission Argonauts apart to push the dents out of the domes, I noticed that the inside of the domes were covered in a sticky reddish black goo and the VC gaps did not contain any ferro fluid, it seems that the ferro fluid has somehow come out of the VC gap. I...
  23. S

Tannoy T115

I just picked up a pair of Tannoy T115 for £20 (about $35). I've googled for a while but can't find any info on them. Does anyone know anything about them?
  24. S

Speaker restoration

I've got a pair of IMF TLS50's which are finished in teak veneer, they are quite heavily scratched although only a few of the scratches are deep. does anyone know a good and reasonably cheap way of sprucing them up a bit, I don't want to spend a lot of money or time because I plan on...
  25. S

I think I've just been ripped off

I just placed a bid on an amp (ebay item no 160003720003 ) Check out the bid history, seems the price has been pushed up by someone outbidding me then immediately retracting their bid. Any thoughts? http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=160003720003
Back
Top Bottom