Search results

1. shedshrine

If vinyl is back, is it time for these to come back as well? Dynamic expanders..

Well, if vinyl is back (at least for some), then I guess these things might make a comeback as well (don't know if they were even popular in their heyday). Dynamic expanders...re-capping a dbx 119 Came across an article about fixing up old dbx compander units and realized I've got a couple of...
  2. shedshrine

Division of Joy Pleasures that are Unknown 1980 2007

When it comes to vinyl, those albums you really would like to have, I never thought I’d ever possess an original press of Joy Divisions' Unknown Pleasures. Yeah, that Ian Curtis' story is compelling, and the Hannett veritable walk-in fridge production is a great story. I've dug the division of...
  3. shedshrine

Rogue RP-5 pre just arrived..mated with Parasound A21 amp and Klipsch Fortes

Been saving..saving..saving..selling...more saving...I am now the owner of a Rogue Audio RP-5 tube preamp. Computer optimized biasing, tube headphone amp, highly customizable phono preamp, processor loop (got an eq in there), 2nd amp output, mono switch, remote. Thing is loaded. Pricy sucker...
  4. shedshrine

Group shots of your favorite artists work and why you like them

Jazz that is out there, mysterious, yet familiar and often awesome, sometimes strange, off the beaten path eccentric genius. After trying to suss out where to start with his huge and confusing discography, I ended up just diving in when all the reissues starting coming out a few years back...
  5. shedshrine

What do these album covers have in common?

Post a few album covers that have some kind of connection, common ground, similarity etc and we have to figure out the connection.. or you can just tell us. For this first post I took the liberty of putting a group together here in gif form. Whatever works for you. Also, for this group I just...
  6. shedshrine

Your first, early, back in the day systems

Post your earliest system pics, or a pic of the piece if you don't have it in photo form. (Research: Checked for this being done before, found an earlier thread here but the majority of pic links are dead now.) EDIT: Photobucket has changed its policy and is now allowing previously blocked 3rd...
  7. shedshrine

Sennheiser HD650 earpad mod

Edit: I see there is a lot online about this now. I'll look through those, any reccomendations welcomed Sennheiser HD650. Had read about these for years, finally got a pair. Yeah, they're nice. They do sound a bit backed away from the music to my ears, If you press them closer to your ears the...
  8. shedshrine

Alternate covers collection

Alternate covers: A Post for side by side alternate covers you have managed to amass.. (there was another thread that tried this back in 2012, but with the end of Photobucket's gratis 3rd party hosting it was pretty ravaged.) Left uses back of original album (on right)...
  9. shedshrine

Hamptone JFET kit...1st DIY attempted

Kind of a journal entry thing from a few years ago. This was a dual mic pre for recording, but still relevant and hopefully inspiring to those looking to get into DIY. ________________ No soldering or electrical experience really at all. Well, there was the one time when I had to reattach a wire...
  10. shedshrine

the shedshrine sytem

I kind of just posted much of this in the introduction forum a couple days ago, Being the newbie hadn't yet seen that there is in fact a forum specifically for the purpose, so here we go.. A little background: I am a recovering home recording junkie who is now going back to being...
  11. shedshrine

Hello from the land of Mesa Boogie and Lagunitas..

Greetings to all from the land of Mesa Boogie and Lagunitas aka the northern San Francisco bay area. Apparently I signed up here in 2009, asked a question or two and never really introduced myself. I am a recovering home recording junkie who is now going back to being a music fan. Hence more...
  12. shedshrine

experiences with mc cartridge with old hi and lo phono input tube amp

Just got my turntable (TD125mk2) back after a checkup and new cartridge install. Before: After: Not experiencing a big "Wow" effect moving from a Shure mm to the Dynavector mc cartridge. Running the tt with an old HH Scott 12 watt tube amp (222b) with high and low phono...
  13. shedshrine

adaptor cables for Telefunken Opus 7 tape input connector?

Question answered. found out it's a din3 type, pin one out pin two ground pin three input. thanks
Back
Top Bottom