Search results

1. Bijan

ADS 1290/2 or AR9?

I have a McIntosh MC2205 and MX-117. Speakers are ML1Cs. I do like the speakers but I want better detail and imaging. Here are what I’m after- ADS1290/2- these don’t go as low as the MLs so I was thinking about running a afour speaker setup AR9s- always wanted a set- these would be run...
  2. Bijan

Polk LS-90s paired with a 2205/117

Hello all, I have a 2205/117/ML-1C setup. I like the MLS but I’d like a bit more imaging. Anyone a fan of Polk LS-90s? My MLS have been recapped and so has the 2205. Thanks!
  3. Bijan

ML-1Cs vs XR-6s

has anyone owned both? Curious as to what sonic differences you noticed. Thanks!
  4. Bijan

2205 Output Mode lamps

Hello all, I'd like to replace the Output Mode lamps in my 2205. I don't see an obvious way to access them from the front with the amp partially out of the walnut cabinet. I searched and couldn't find a thread. Anyone have tips for this? Thank you!
  5. Bijan

Do ML-1Cs eat tweeters for breakfast?

so I fired up my newly serviced gear up last night, nothing insanely loud but loud. It sounded great! This morning the right speaker sounded lifeless and dull compared to the left. I am going to switch speakers today and see if it follows the speaker or the amp. I fully rebuilt the crossovers...
  6. Bijan

Spade connectors for MC2205

hello all- got my 2205 and 117 back from my tech tonight!!! I'd like to put some spade connectors on my speaker wire. What size connector is correcct for my 2205? Silly question, but there's a great electronics store near my office, and I'd like to pick some up on the way home. Thanks!
  7. Bijan

Are four speakers possible with an MC2205? And other questions...

My 2205 should be ready within the next week or two. I have finished bringing the ML-1Cs back to life. I also have a pair of KLH Model 5s I' love to add to the mix IF there is a safe way to do so. Right now I'm thinking there is not, but I know far from everything, so I'm asking. Also, do I use...
  8. Bijan

Question on ML-1C

I recently got a pair of ML-1Cs. The grille clips are all shot. Anyone have any tips for replacements? I'm open to another type of clip, velcro, or whatever works. Thanks!
  9. Bijan

Back in the McIntosh groove in a great way!

Long time user, first time poster (I think) I have had a few Mac pieces over the years, but had to sell them. One was a 6100, which I never really warmed up to, and the other was (I think) a 2505 and I cannot for the life of me remember what the preamp was- that setup I liked. Either way, I...
Back
Top Bottom