Search results

1. rrago

bias confusion?

Thank you all, set at .01 volts and it's playing fine.
  2. rrago

bias confusion?

Thanks, Craig but the value in the SM is millivolts, not volts.
  3. rrago

bias confusion?

Sony AV receiver STR-AV900. Blown outputs replaced. Bias adjustment procedure calls for adjustment down to .01 mv. lowest my meter goes is 1mv. Could that be a typo? Could it be ma? IIRC my Sansui 8080 gets bias checked ma, not mv. Confused
  4. Vanalstine

Vanalstine

5. pics

pics

6. rrago

Which Speakers are You Using for Your Sansui Amps

8080 with AR3-A's in front and CV 12-T's in rear. WOW!
  7. rrago

Anyone doing a garden?

Had a tough time with verticulum wilt this season, zucchini's suffered the most. From what I've read (internet ofc) I have to refrain from planting 3 seasons?? to kill (starve to death) the fungus?? Anyone have any other ideas on this, I can't refrain 3 yrs.
  8. rrago

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

Latest acquisition, 7070, freshly veneered, now my daily office player Serial # 216101874 (October '76) http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/rrago_bucket/7070_zpsnsvbz055.jpg?t=1505739889
  9. rrago

anyone know what is this

As for worn-off tube numbers, I've had good success revealing them by fogging the glass with my breath. A trick i learned from an old TV man.
  10. rrago

anyone know what is this

As for worn-off tube numbers, I've had good success revealing them by fogging the glass with my breath. A trick i learned from an old TV man.
  11. rrago

CR-1040

chazix, correct i mis-typed bias when it should have written offset
  12. rrago

CR-1040

My stepson entrusted his inherited CR-1040 to me to give it a tune-up. First thing I did was check the bias, negative (-)225mv, give or take a few mv both channels. I adjusted it to near zero, but the reason of this post is to ask what would cause such a deep negative swing? i've seen high...
  13. rrago

Antennae musings

Any set of good-old rabbit ears. or, RCA makes an amplified model that works great in my office (metal can inside a concrete building)
  14. rrago

Who was the first guitarist to do the "Chicka chicka wa wa" sound?

IDK...with an avatar like that....what's your definition of salacious...lol:rflmao::rflmao:
  15. rrago

Woodie Guthrie masters found and to be rereleased; interesting read-

None of those verses appear in the liner notes nor in the audio on the pressing in my 1956 issue of Folkways "Bound for Glory". Either it was heavily edited / re-mixed ( doubtful) or other covering performers added their own verse as the years passed (more likely).
  16. rrago

Excellent! thank you, bluemooze
  17. rrago

Sure I know this is an old thread, but i have a relevant recent experience with some Woody Guthrie '78's i picked up in a garage sale. Way back when Asch records was going under, Moses Asch sold his masters to Stinson Records. Apparently, Asch still had a bunch of pressings laying around, too. I...
  18. rrago

Things you learn the hard way. Please contribute.

Never solder in shorts. That goes for sweating pipes, too!
  19. rrago

8080 (no DB) low left channel

Bias numbers are good and DC near zero @ speaker terminals. I went through the main amp and renewed all the fuseable resistors, replaced bias pots and cleaned front control pots last summer. Been a daily driver since and no problems. This issue kinda snuck up on me when I changed my usual...
  20. rrago

Irreconcilable differences

A deal breaker for sure:jump: Last fight my ex-wife and i had was over my motorcycle. That was 1988. I kept the motorcycle.:rflmao:
  21. rrago

Show us your Motorcycles

My first love, the Yamaha XS11. Couldn't afford it in '79, so started on a KZ400. Found one about 12 yrs ago ready for restoration:yikes:. before / after: Rode her for 10 yrs, sold her a couple of yrs ago to buy my 'last bike', a gold wing. Time to get comfortable after 42+ years in the...
  22. rrago

Do you have a table you would play this on?

I would play it on my 1916 Aeolian Vocalion Graduola model H, but it would sound like the chipmunks and afterward would be useless, but I'd do it in the interest of science:yikes:
  23. rrago

Sansui 8080 Reviews

Don't go by my signature but i absolutely love my Sansui's:banana:
  24. rrago

Opinions - is it worth digging boxes full of 45's ??

Don't usually pick through 45's but when i saw this one i had to take it home, it just screamed "ODBALL"
  25. rrago

For fun, finish this sentence...

only when they're acting badly
Back
Top Bottom