Search results

1. MotherSauce1

SME-3009 Service Before Selling

Hello! I'm considering switching up my system and selling my SME-3009. I've never had it serviced since I bought it second-hand from another audiophile who also never had it serviced. I'm wondering if you'll recommend getting it serviced before posting it. Do you think I could charge a little...
  2. MotherSauce1

Weak Links

I thought it'd be fun to see what others think is the "Weakest Link" in a given system. Here's mine: Linn Kan MK1 | Exposure 2010S2 + MM Phono Board | KD-500 + Sure SME-3009 + ATS12S or SHURE V15 TYPE IV | 2 x Energy Xl-S8 Feel free to post your system or comment on mine. Be nice, this could...
  3. MotherSauce1

Vandersteen Model 1 / Linn Kan MK1

I've always wanted to try out a pair of Vandersteen's and have started to see them popping up recently on different online markets. I've been enjoying the voicing and speed of my Linn Kans for a few years now and considering proposing a trade... I'd love to hear any compare and contrasts from...
  4. MotherSauce1

Phono Preamp / Broadcasting

Howdy. Back in College I worked at our radio station in various different departments. I remember one day opening up the cabinet underneath our turntables and low and behold under each Technics SL1200 were two Crown amplifiers. I've looked online many time since for Crown Phono Preamps and...
  5. MotherSauce1

Replacement headshell for SME 3009

Howdy, I'm using an SME 3009 arm and want to set up a second cartridge to use on occasion. I want to be able to easily switch back and forth between carts so I'm planning on getting a second headhsell. I looked for originally SME 3009 headshells and prices are 80 - 190 for an original, beyond my...
  6. MotherSauce1

Clint Eastwoods Stereo System

An article in the LA Times this week about active (deep) listening featured a photo of Clint Eastwood listening to what looks like a fun system of large speakers and tiny electronics that sit directly on his carpet, no rack, no nothing. Can the gang here identify the gear? I'm curious if we...
  7. MotherSauce1

Project Debut 3 vs Dual 1245 (new vs old)

Howdy, I heard a Project Debut 3 the other night through a nice system and enjoyed the sound of the system very much. Can't say how much had to do with the set up but it was a Project Debut 3 with Ortofon Cart and Music Fidelity X-LPS. What do you guys think worth tracking down a Project Debut...
  8. MotherSauce1

AT100e

Looking to replace/upgrade my stylus on a AT100E anyone know what stylus fit these? Also, anyone able to date this cartridge? It's got a great yet dated looking deco design.
  9. MotherSauce1

Sales, installs, and bears, oh my!

Considering that I spend so much of my free time 'researching' audio gear, I'm considering mixing business with pleasure and looking for some work in the field... What other than sales are out there as possible audio professions? Those of you who work(ed) in sales what's the best way to get...
  10. MotherSauce1

stylus upgrade

i'm working with my most resolving system to date: exposure 2010 integrated + linn kan mk1 + energy xl-s8 SO it's time to start working on source equipment, firstly, my stylus. i'm planning to keep the dual 1242 and just upgrade the stylus (currently using an Audio Technica ATPN2) unless i...
  11. MotherSauce1

are all efficient speakers large?

Howdy, I've always liked the sound of efficient speakers and low watt tube amps. A few years back I sold my long-enjoyed pair of Klipsch Heresy (haters please refrain from posting). I admit, I miss the system but parted with it mostly due to size. I live in the city, in an apartment. I've been...
  12. MotherSauce1

Small Footprint Low Watt System

Howdy, I've always liked the sound of efficient speakers and low watt tube amps. A few years back I sold my long-enjoyed pair of Klipsch Heresy (haters please refrain from posting). I admit, I miss the system but parted with it mostly due to size. I live in the city, in an apartment. I've been...
  13. MotherSauce1

Odd Speaker Placement Surprise

While changing my room around I realized my speakers sounded great with one placed on the South Wall and the other placed on the West Wall... any ideas why this sounds so good? It seems to go against the traditional set ups I'm aware of...
  14. MotherSauce1

Sub to match Linn Kan

So I've settled down nicely with my Exposure/Linn combo and want to keep this system as my main system for some time and want to just keep building on it, better sources, better needles. I'm going to be looking for a pair of Linn Kan specific stands used and also a sub to match the Linns. The...
  15. MotherSauce1

B vs non-b value

Does the B line carry more or less value than the non-b line? I'm referring to re-sale value
  16. MotherSauce1

DAC under $200

Considering adding a DAC to my system; would like to spend under $200. Any favorites out there? I'd like to keep the footprint small either hidden away or simple like the pro-ject box series. Looking forward to hearing what you all like! PS any DAV/Tuner combos come to mind?
  17. MotherSauce1

LED Lamps for Marantz 2226

I'm sure this has been covered but does anyone have a recommended source for blue LED Lamps for a Marantz 2226 ? Thanks in advace! MS1
  18. MotherSauce1

Harbeth & Kyocera

Anyone ever heard Harbeth's with Kyocera amps? Been wondering if this might be a fun match...something like the PSESR with eithe the 851, 861, or the 900 series... thoughts? experience with this pairing?
  19. MotherSauce1

Magnepan Placement

I'm interested in trying out a pair of MMG1; however my listening room is rather small aprox 15x15' so I can only place the speakers about 3' from the wall until it starts to really intrude on the living space. Anyone here with Maggie experience suggest I give it a try or don't even bother until...
  20. MotherSauce1

Making audio your career

Anyone on the forums turned this hobby into a career? I'd love to hear your story and how you got your start!
  21. MotherSauce1

Music Hall cd25.2 vs Sony XA20ES CDP

Looks to be a nice Music Hall cd25.2 for sale locally. Anyone think it would out perform my Sony XA20ES ? I like my Sony very much but appreciate the aesthetic design of the Music Hall a bit more atm and if it would sound better too...well ....
  22. MotherSauce1

Lid off Hafler DH200

Howdy any one here have experience getting the top off the Hafler DH200? I need to get insdide to replace one of the feet which has come loose (plus I'm curious to poke around). There are several screws holding the heat sink in place...must I remove those to get the top off? If so I'm gonna need...
  23. MotherSauce1

I can hear my speakers even when nothing is playing...

When a stereo system is powered on, volume down, I can still hear a faint bit of "air" from the speakers. I'm sure there are several variables but what is it that i'm hearing?
  24. MotherSauce1

Phono Preamps

I'm sure this has been covered and I've read some of the threads, but anyone with experience in multiple phono pre's have preferences between these: Schiit Mani NAD PP3 Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Rega Fono MkII Best to all!
  25. MotherSauce1

Minimalist System...Speakers size...Exposure Integrated

Ok, so I've been on a rather minimalist path recently as I've been redesigning my apartment. I'm considering changing up my main system composed of separates (Infinity QB, PSE Pre, Hafler AMP, Turntable, etc) and replacing it with a smaller more compact and minimal system. I'm considering a pair...
Back
Top Bottom