Search results

1. marne

Modern equivalents - Bowers 801 S80 / S2

I'm afraid there is no modern equivalent to S80 801s. Maybe somewhere in Studio equipment can be found something with similar linearity, Genelecs maybe. But not with the same flavour.
  2. marne

Any Other B&W DM302 Nerds Out There?

I have 4 Pairs of them, for their size they are unbeaten. So light and open. Their weaknes is the final volume, but hey: that size! I've never heared something cleaner in this field.
  3. marne

some regrets...so another PC-5002M!

You should continue kicking yourself for giving em away :yes:. Got 3 left, if you where closer I would share. cdfac, I've followed the 5002 auction, damn, you stole it! Congrats. Still missing mine in the maintance... since over a year:scratch2:
  4. marne

Yamaha T5n pro amp

I did no thear it but that's what I found in the manual: ".... The cooling fan speed varies depending on the heat sink temperature: It operates at low speed when it is below 40 °C (104 °F), increases in speed according to increases in temperature, and operates at high speed when temperature...
  5. marne

Yamaha PC4002M 2 ohms?

cdfac, these are my thoughts too. One can't go wrong with a PC4002M or Yammi Pro amp in general, gobs of power, impressive look, easy to maintenance and sweet, sweet sound. Since I'm using Pro Amps, all these Home-Hifi amps seem weak and thin-skinned to me. Go for it condor :yes:
  6. marne

Yamaha 101M vs MX-10000 -Differences?

Maybe you can compare both even for a little fee in the shop. As for my taste I would go with the 101M, it's more wow.
  7. marne

B&W Martix 1 Series II or B&W 685 Speakers. Which would you choose?

Which pair sounds better?
  8. marne

38 X pc4002m amps for sale on UK eBay!

I hate this but: OMFG!
  9. marne

My B&W 801 Restoration project.

Me too, many thanks for the drawing Luke!
  10. marne

another yammie for the stable!

No, no, these blow the store. BTW Congrats.
  11. marne

Yamaha CA-1010 vs Yamaha AX-1070

I had an AX-1070 for years, except the lousy input selector it was a superb amp with gobs of power and highest ratings in magazines at their time. I would prefer this one. For sure it'S missing the wood but you get a remote control instead, which can be a blessing
  12. marne

Dalhquist dq 10 vs B&W dm3000

Let us know!
  13. marne

B&W DM302 Tweeter Replacement

Remove the rubbers holding the grille, then you got acces to the screw holding the cabinet together. A great speaker. How did you fry them?
  14. marne

Good Idea! The 801s made even my Yamaha PC4002M clip, and it was not that loud. It's good to have some VUs or at least clipping indicators, to know whats going on. 100wpc are easily eaten by 801s and there is not much bang.
  15. marne

B&W - I can't complain

I have 4 pairs of them across the house. They are so open and natural, the most intersting speaker they made after John Bowers died in my opinion. So small simple, clean, fresh and unsounded. I love them. It's weak point is the low volume. But hey, for this size!
  16. marne

B&W CM1 vs. CM2 Bookshelf speakers

I would go for the CM1.
  17. marne

B&W DM-3000 Speakers

Welcome MrTie!
  18. marne

New to me B&W 803 Series 2

Congrats to the deal! Keep in mind that the 803s where around twice the price. And now try to find something better ;).
  19. marne

KEF 104.2 vs B&W 801's series 80

For sure speakers sound different in different rooms. But if you have a neutral response to start with, it's easier to compensate room deficits, instead of buying sounded speakers in the hope that they "fit" the room acoustics. If you know your dragster's torque-speed characteristic, you know...
  20. marne

B&W DM-3000 Speakers

Yeah 3000s, you still got em.:banana: Still love mine too, while all other models arrived now along the past 3 years, thanks god it's a big house. Congrats to your understanding wife. If I ever put my feet on chicago-ground be warned to receive a pm before from me. Nice Holidays!
  21. marne

KEF 104.2 vs B&W 801's series 80

How 801s sound? Like this: What else one could expect from a speaker, except a linear reproduction?
  22. marne

todays purchase: P2201

these and a PC2002M
  23. marne

So as these are the woven ones, you may have a chance. +/-4db is not acceptable. It is known, that the sealing of the fabric can dry out. You need to reseal them (especially the quiter one!). For this, French polish (known as shellac) was figured out to work pretty good. Just paint the...
  24. marne

Do you have woven tweeters or film tweeters?
  25. marne

B&W CM1 - Any good?

No, they are not, take a listen. If they are not your taste, resell them.
Back
Top Bottom