Search results

1. mike175gr

New to MX119 ..... Making sure my unit is ok?

I have the updates now (for the MX119 and MX120) let me know if you want them. Michael
  2. mike175gr

I never really noticed a difference, though I think that I did used to have the pops and clicks that you are talking about. It is silent now...
  3. mike175gr

I have it on my work computer and can email it to you tomorrow if that works for you. le me know. Michael
  4. mike175gr

Loren, I am so sorry, but I am just now seeing this message! I tried running it bridged at...

Loren, I am so sorry, but I am just now seeing this message! I tried running it bridged at first but didn't like the results so I am running it at 4 ohms. I do want to get a better amp for my center an surrounds at some point soon.
  5. mike175gr

MS300/Gracenote problem?

Yup, I had the same issue. I rebooted a number of times and verified that I had network connection but no album information! I hope that this will be resolved quickly...
  6. mike175gr

MX 119 Firmware update

I have the MX119 firmware update, but I think that it has also been posted out there for people to download. It was not easy for me to do, but I did finally get it to take. It didn't really change anything for me though. If you are having trouble I have taken my MX-119 into the authorized...
  7. mike175gr

MSXXX and SSD

Did you the load the correct software? I mean did you use the special Mcintosh/Escient "Golden Disk"? to format your drive?
  8. mike175gr

MSXXX and SSD

Does it recognize all the space that you have available?
  9. mike175gr

Onkyo M504 vs. Denon POA-1500

I am just taking my POA-1500 amp out the box it has sat in for about 18 years, Looks good, but I do remember that a couple of the lamps were out years ago. I just ordered the replacement lamps here:http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/EIKO-2187-/25-2685
  10. mike175gr

Power Switch - MX132.

call Mcintosh parts in the morning. I bet that they will ship it to you the same day you order it!
  11. mike175gr

MS300 Spare part

It appears that you have replaced a number of parts on your unit that I have not heard of failing before. The only issues that I have read about on the MS300/750 having issues are the tray, swapping out the fan, and replacing the hard drive. I also read about and had the digital drop out issue...
  12. mike175gr

4 ohm load on a Mac MC-126 Bridged

I had the same dilemma with my MC7106. I left it unbridged and it sounds and performs better for my center and surround 6 ohm speakers.
  13. mike175gr

MS750 cooling fan.....

It was really easy. Do some googling... There is a great link out there taht has step by step pictures for the swap out. Just take your time, lay it down on a table and use a quality Phillips screwdriver etc.. When I was in there I also applied some Dynamat sound deadening material to the case...
  14. mike175gr

MS750 cooling fan.....

Do some searches for MS750 fan swap out, but it is easy. The fan to purchase is this one: The fan is a Silenx Ixtrema Pro Series 60mm. The sku is IXP-34-12. The fan moves 14 cfm of air at 12 dB...
  15. mike175gr

How to connect a REL sub to MC252 amp?

No problem and happy to assist. A number of guys on this site have helped me out. I am just continuing the camaraderie.
  16. mike175gr

Michael, I found my extra REL cable and you are welcome to have it. I sent you a pm with my number. Michael
  17. mike175gr

This really is easier than it seems. I was initially pretty confused so I called Sumiko, butt if you want to look at the Britannia Series (B1-B3) the manual is here: http://www.sumikoaudio.net/rel/manuals/b_series_manual.pdf Do you have the cable? I might have an extra one in my closet. You...
  18. mike175gr

The REL subs come with the correct cable and connectors. At first it was a little confusing to me, but I called up their North American distributor Sumiko at- http://www.sumikoaudio.net/idx_contact.htm And spoke to a very kind and patient woman that helped me get it all sorted out. Michael
  19. mike175gr

McIntosh C710 and C712 pre amps from the 90s- Experience?

Wow! So much empty real estate! (I never opened up mine)
  20. mike175gr

McIntosh C710 and C712 pre amps from the 90s- Experience?

I have a C712 for my bedroom system and I really enjoy it a lot. I bought it from Audioclassics and it is very nice..
  21. mike175gr

MX134 vs MX119

Well my MX-132 used to freeze a lot and I had to take it in to the dealer to get restarted two different times. There are a lot of additional features with the MX-119 that I like a lot better. I will try to describe it better tomorrow..
  22. mike175gr

MX134 vs MX119

I bought my MX-119 from a private party and then had the TM1 installed. I love my MX-119 and right now you can get one for a fantastic deal. I think that it is a great unit. I do use an external DAC, and my Oppo BDP83se does my BluRay audio conversion work, I used to have a MX-132 which is a...
  23. mike175gr

3xMC501 or 2x501 + MC205

Wow! That was a number of questions in one post...I have been struggling with a similar situation. I have a really good center channel speaker and I am driving it (and my surrounds) with a fairly low powered Mcintosh multichannel amp. I would prefer to get one more MC501 for my center channel...
  24. mike175gr

Mcintosh Customer Service 1st rate

They have always gone above and beyond for me as well. They have even fixed items for me at n/c even though it was out of warranty. Good folks to me!
  25. mike175gr

CD player recommendations

ouch! That is fairly low, but I would look for a used Denon 3910. I love mine and see them for a very good price in audiogon.
Back
Top Bottom