Search results

1. James Hart

Vocal only PA for small home studio / jam room

Hello fellow musicians, I have a 14' x 15' Home Office / Studio room with an M-Audio Air 192|14 interface plugged into a Windows PC and outputted through a Sony STR-6800 SD with a pair of JBL 4408 attached. I have the room set up with a 4 piece drum kit, 200 watt tube bass rig, and 22 watt tube...
  2. James Hart

took over 20 years to pull the trigger...

But I bought myself a USA made, solid wood, high end Acoustic guitar! Introducing my new 2020 Guild USA D-40 Traditional. I received it on 10/25, added a tortoise shell strap button, put some Nickel Bronze strings (12-56 light top / medium bottom), and picked up a good capo.
  3. James Hart

Buying new home, need advice on Mancave setup

Hello all, I have read and I have searched and I have experienced... but I'm looking for some practical advice on a multipurpose room that is all mine in the new home. 1.) I'm a musician, so all my instruments and amps will be there (Upright and Electric Basses and Guitars) 2.) I record myself...
  4. James Hart

What are you learning today?

Hey all... conversations from the "now playing" thread are going to spill over to here (hopefully) So what tunes / riffs / theory / noise are everyone working on today?
  5. James Hart

Musician upgrading DAW + Digital Source PC...

Hello, I've been using PCs for recording and for listening for decades now... and I'm making the move from PCI card (M-Audio Delta) based interfaces to USB. I've been on the fence as to what to buy and I'm finally ready to drop the cash in the next 30 days. I've been leaning towards the...
  6. James Hart

NordMende Parsifal C (circa mid 60s)

Anyone have any experience with these radios? I searched a little, but didn't come up with much. The unit looks to be in great shape and the seller claims it worked daily for years up until a couple weeks back. Now it doesn't power on. Looks worth giving a shot since I am trying to learn...
  7. James Hart

Belkin PureAV cables...

Hello all, Any opinions on Belkin's AV offerings? I've been a regular user of Belkin computer stuff for 10 years so when I saw Radioshack had Belkin AV cables at a far price, so I ordered some. I searched here but didn't find anything. Belkin PureAV 18 guage speaker wire (plus the extra...
  8. James Hart

Polk S series

I did a little searching on AK but only found info on the M or Monitor Series. What's the general thoughts on the S series? I've got a Sony STR-6800 and a M&K Goliath II that I need a set of bookshelves for. I've got a bid on a set of Koss M/80 that ends today that I will most likely lose...
  9. James Hart

Sony STR-6800 SD

Well I finally have a vintage receiver to call my own :smoke: I grew up digging my father's HK and uncle's Marantz... had a few clunkers over the last 30 years. My last was an Onkyo reciever, Pioneer CD changer, JVC dual cassette all through a pair of Ohm Walsh 2. At ~12 years old in 1999...
  10. James Hart

The new guy gets G.A.S. (did I do OK?)

Hello All y'all, I found this place via Google searches while looking for a killer 70s-80s receiver to plug my computer into so I can bring my Ohm Walsh 2X0 out of storage. I've been lurking only a week or so and hope I can join the party :banana: Being a bassist with a gear fetish, it...
  11. James Hart

any Bassists?

Hey, I've stumbled here via Google searches for some 70s HiFi gear I'm looking at to match to my Ohm Walsh 2X0 speakers... I'm a bassist for the last 25 years, made a living at it for a while but don't now. I just quit my band last month and am looking again for some local guys for fun. I...
Back
Top Bottom