Search results

1. charlief64

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

Not "gear" but here's Don the Cat snoozing on "Ballet Music from MGM Musicals"
  2. charlief64

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Lou Reed. Transformer. "Perfect Day" right now
  3. charlief64

My Pioneer RT 1020H doesn't want to play

My Pioneer RT 1020H has worked perfectly since the day it was born. Now the transport doesn't want to go into “play”. The rewind and fast forward work, the capstan is turning and I hear the relay click when I push the play button, but the pinch roller doesn't engage and the take up doesn't turn...
  4. charlief64

What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

Oh .... this woman. Was lucky enough to work with her at MetroMedia West in 1970.
  5. charlief64

What tape (any format) are you playing now?

Frank Morgan - Be Bop Lives ! Contemporary Records 1987
  6. charlief64

Trashed cover. Mint vinyl. Glorious mono.
  7. charlief64

LED panel lamps for C 32 ?

I have done a little looking around. I'm taking the easy way out by asking here. Are there any led lamp kits for a C 32?
  8. charlief64

My New Bass Trap Concept (humor)

Are you sure that's not just an extra woofer ? Sorry ... bad pun.
  9. charlief64

What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

Mr. Lucky Henry Mancini RCA Living Stereo
  10. charlief64

Today's JAZZ playlist

The Quintet - Live at Massey Hall up next Marty Paich Band with Art Pepper, Jack Sheldon and Victor Feldman on the Sansui 1110 cassette deck
  11. charlief64

Would anyone like to share the artwork they have in their listening room?

Four acrylics on canvas by El Gato Gomez. Her work seems made for my 1957 house. I would turn the listening room into a gallery if i could afford more. Too much of a good thing is never enough.
  12. charlief64

Newbie impedance question

"Is it better to have two pairs of 4 ohm speakers, 8 ohm speakers, or 6 ohm speakers or does it not matter?" Simply put ...With two pairs of 4 ohm speakers your amp will see 2 ohms, and that's too low. Speaker impedance ratings are "nominal" which means the impedance varies a bit with the...
  13. charlief64

Vinyls

When I hear vinyls I think of the Divinyls and I touch myself.
  14. charlief64

Old equipment you wish you still had

I wish I still had my Thorens td 111 that I bought for $19.95, brand new, at a close out sale in 1967. I remember that the base was an extra $9.95. I was a poor college student and had to wait to use it until I saved up for a Shure M232 tone arm with an ACD 3 cartridge. I thought It was hot...
  15. charlief64

I anyone listening to Tangent T 5000's

I bought mine from someone who had been in the military too. When I pulled the crossovers out and saw that they have a 68uf and three 1.5's. I went the cheap route and ordered the caps online and replaced them. It's hard to described the change They sounded pretty good before but with the new...
  16. charlief64

I anyone listening to Tangent T 5000's

Does anyone here have Tangent T 5000's ? I do not remember seeing any posts regarding them. I was lucky enough to talk to Bob Crites and he told me that they were a version of the Tangent 500's that were mainly sold overseas, through military stores. I have used these in my main system for 3...
  17. charlief64

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

That pic was taken after I moved it from another location. The knobs were turned in the move. They are usually set "flat".
  18. charlief64

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

My only piece of Mac gear is my C32 preamp. I know I'm defying the conventional wisdom (if you mix SS/Tube, it should be a tube pre and a ss power amp) but I love the music that comes out of this setup.
  19. charlief64

Bach: Toccata and Fugue in D minor on Denon PCM. One of my favorite recordings.
  20. charlief64

Adjective Artist Game

Zaftig: Mae West
  21. charlief64

One Word Song Title Transference

You - The Aquatones
  22. charlief64

Stylus Disaster

Thank you all for your suggestions... ...they all have merit. Lots of options to consider. I think I'll buy an Ortofon red for now, just to see me through (can't go much longer with no vinyl) then talk to Soundsmith and go from there.
  23. charlief64

Stylus Disaster

Yep, but it was the the ruby cantilever, nude contact line diamond ($350) and since it it's gone completely, there might be additional fees. I've been spoiled by the sound but hey, I'm 67 now. I might not hear the difference LOL
  24. charlief64

Stylus Disaster

My trusty Last stylus brush. I've been cleaning my diamonds since 1966 and this is the first time this has happened. Maybe I've lost my gentle touch. C'est la vie.
  25. charlief64

Stylus Disaster

Only the people on this forum can feel my pain. I was carefully (I thought) cleaning the Soundsmith retipped stylus on my Denon 103r today and I managed to clean the stylus and cantilever right out of it's mounting. I'm retired now and on a limited budget so a new retip is out of the...
Back
Top Bottom