Search results

1. R

McIntosh C47 Firmware V1.00

Awesome; thanks, Ron! Can't wait to hear it this weekend!
  2. R

McIntosh C47 Firmware V1.00

Mac OSX user here expecting to take delivery of a C47 tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who documented all of this here, so I don't waste hours worrying about DSD 256. So glad I came across this thread. Any comments on the unit's phono section? I'm hoping to eliminate a couple of boxes and all of...
  3. R

Impedance matching...totally clueless...please help!

Thanks, rothwellaudi. The 10 ohm does seem odd to me too. Are there even cartridges out there to match that or another phono premp set at 10 ohm?
  4. R

Thanks, tubewade. Hmm, maybe I should just get a cart or phono pre that matches on or the other. The phono pre does allow for changing the stage gain setting. The three stage gain settings are as follows: High Sensitivity: 1.3mV (MM)/130uV (MC) Medium Sensitivity: 2.6mV (MM)/260uV (MC) Low...
  5. R

Resurrecting this old thread with a question on this... My Audio-Technica AT33EV MC cartridge's specs state that it has a recommended load impedance of 100 ohm (with head amplifier connected). My Quad 24 P phono preamp's specs state that it has a MC input impedance of 10 ohm (47k ohm in MM...
  6. R

C15 - What Makes It Tick?

A great preamp. Selling mine is one of my few "audio regrets".
  7. R

McIntosh C37 Preamp Opinions

Thanks, Victor. I've looked that I over. Would love to hear if anyone's ever had any experience with one. Guess the lack of responses explains the lack of info out there on it.
  8. R

McIntosh C37 Preamp Opinions

Tried searching around, but can't find much on the C37. Anyone have any experience or opinions on it?
  9. R

Vinyl Repressings to Avoid

I thought the new New York Dolls record "Cuz I said So" sounded better on CD than vinyl. It was a while ago that I a/b'd them, but the difference seemed striking at the time. I'm a vinyl man through and through and really wanted this record to smoke the CD.
  10. R

How Do You Cook Baby Back Ribs in the Oven?

This thread is making me hungry and I just ate lunch. I need to try some of these tips. Maybe this weekend.
  11. R

a hole in the corder of my brand new record

It's a cut-out. More info here.
  12. R

whats a good sounding cd player?

Rotel RCD-1072. It decodes HDCD too.
  13. R

Macintosh to McIntosh hookup

Even better IMO would be a squeezebox. Then you don't need the airport and can use standard rca interconnects. Their software is good for streaming internet radio as well. You can also sync your itunes with it. Sound quality will be better too.
  14. R

Macintosh to McIntosh hookup

Get the airport and then one of these. The airport has a 1/8" out and you, of course, hook the rca plugs to your preamp.
  15. R

dvd-audio not dead yet

I thought that this David Crosby title was the best implementation of DVD-A. One DVD-A and a CD. Great music and great sound on this one. I have DVD-A titles and a player, along with SACD. I tried MC and found it too much of a PIA for the limited number of titles out there and also hated the...
  16. R

When Did They Start and Stop Laminated LP Covers?

I love my laminated Impulse covers.
  17. R

McIntosh MC352 in Illinois

As an MC352 owner I'll also agree that it's be easier to move speakers to the amp than vice versa. Also, it's one hell of an amp that you can't go wrong with if the price is right. Go for it, dude!
  18. R

Help - Need Preamp Mate for MC352

I'm running a C220 into a MC352 and am a very satisfied customer. :music:
  19. R

Mcintosh gear and long speaker cables.

Hi Ron, I've noticed that when my Denon 3910 is in SACD mode my MC352 shows a small reading, even when the disc is not playing. It does not do this for CD or DVD - only SACD. Any idea why it does that? Thanks
  20. R

McIntosh MC240: Which Tubes Do What?

That's what I was afraid of, Terry. Maybe over the holidays I'll crack it open if the deoxit doesn't do it. You know, I bought this amp a few years ago from a guy who said you had repaired it. In my excitement, I stupidly never asked him for paperwork and the amp sounded amazing and the price...
  21. R

Thanks, David. Location now noted. Trip to radio shack is now on my to do list. I have cans of generic contact cleaner here, but I'll splurge for the DeOxit on this job. Been searching on "Crackle", "Pfft", "Popping", etc. and, yeah, this now seems like the most likely culprit. Thanks again.
  22. R

Well, I swapped all of the tubes back and forth and the noise remained in the left channel. So, it's not a tube. Maybe a capacitor I guess.
  23. R

I'm trying to isolate an intermittent "pfft" noise coming through the left channel on my MC240 amp and want to rule out any bad tubes. Does anyone know what each tube does? Thanks
  24. R

Fisher 500-S Does the Bias Adjust Actually Just Adjust the Balance?

Well, I'm back home and it turns out that it was a bad 12AX7 tube after all. I thought I'd swapped them before, but who knows what I did. Maybe the layout confused me. It's sure sounding great now though. Thanks again for the all the help, guys!
  25. R

Fisher 500-S Does the Bias Adjust Actually Just Adjust the Balance?

Thanks for the last few posts, guys. I've been traveling and, unfortunately, away from the Fisher 500-S. I'll be sure to give an update when I return.
Back
Top Bottom