Search results

1. theebadone

Jbl-4430

Here is my new aquisitions. I have been looking for a pair of these for 2 years. When you give up and stop looking is when you find them. They are in great shape and they were not cheap, i strill have not found a speaker that can de-throne my Altecs, but maybe these can give them a run for their...
  2. theebadone

Driver Identification

Hello All, I happened upon a couple speakers and need a little help identifying some drivers. With a little luck maybe a couple of you will know something about the speakers. The name on the speakers are ( Acoustic Kinetics) made by a company located right here in Florissant mo. this is a very...
  3. theebadone

ESS AMT-1A opinions

Hello everyone, I am just wanting some input on the ESS AMT-1As, from people who are familiar. Also want to know what you are using to power them, thanks for any info.
  4. theebadone

Pilot 110 Stereo plus

Any opinions on the Pilot 110 stereo plus tube amp?
  5. theebadone

Negative experience with Sheltie Dave

A little more than a year ago I purchased a Mark Levinson #27 from Sheltie Dave for 950.00. Well, after less than 3 weeks of owning it, i turned it on one day and heard a loud hum in both channels, I immediately turned the amp off, disconnected everything, and called Dave and described what...
  6. theebadone

Soundcraftsmen pc 800

Just looking for opinions on the Soundcraftsmen PC-800 Amp, thanks in advance
  7. theebadone

Rca spk-100

Here is a rare one, from what i can find out, RCA made these to go with a small video disc player/receiver the RCA MSR-130, and very few units were made. The speakers feature a 5.5 inch woofer, and some sort of dome tweeter. The specs on the speakers are 45HZ.-33KHZ. they sound better than the...
  8. theebadone

Theebadones system

(Main System), Bryston 3B ST Amp, Yamaha C-80 Preamp, JBL-4410 Speakers, Sony CA8ES CDP. (My fun system), Mcintosh MC-250 Amp, Mcintosh MX-115 Preamp, Altec 515B woofers, 802-8G high frequency drivers, 511B horns, all installed in Klipsch cornwall cabinets. Sony CA8ES CDP, Pioneer PL-540 TT.
  9. theebadone

Sx d-5000

Any opinions on the SX D-5000 :thumbsdn: :thmbsp:
  10. theebadone

Telefunken Opus

Just wondering how good the Telefunken Opus 5430 MX Hi Fi Stereo Receiver is. How is sound and build quality?
  11. theebadone

Using a sub in a 2 channel system

I know this subject has been hit upon hundreds, maybe thousands of times... but, i would like to know how many of us feel that using a sub in our 2 channel set-ups, sounds not quite right. Many of us here have spent many hours and lots of money pursuing our own audio nirvana. Have many of us...
  12. theebadone

QSC powerlight 1.0

I just picked up my first pro amp today, a QSC powerlight 1.0. After listening to this amp driving the JBL-4412s, i have to say, (I will never buy another high end consumer amp again). It lacks nothing in dynamics, great sounding highs and mids, and the bass isn't too shabby neither. And to...
  13. theebadone

Corntecs

Hello everyone, I recently sold off my Altec A-7s, and had a nice set of Altec 515Bs, 802-8Gs, and N801-8A Crossovers. After a few conversations with some of the older, more knowledgable members here, and G.P.A., I decided to use the 515s in a 6 cu. ft. bass reflex design to see how much bass i...
  14. theebadone

Tuning the Altec A-7s

Hello All, I have been tuning/switching components in the Altec A-7s to try to get the best possible sound out of these biggg boxes. I started out with the 515B Woofer, and the 802-8A H.F. driver on 811 horns, using the Altec N801-8A crossover, They sounded a little brite on the high end, with...
  15. theebadone

Most Accurate Studio Monitors

Just wanting some opinions on who made the most accurate studio monitor speakers :scratch2:
  16. theebadone

Concept 5.5 Receiver

Just fishing for opinions on the Concept 5.5 Receiver. :thumbsdn: :thmbsp:
  17. theebadone

Speaker Art/ Super Clefs

I recently picked up a nice pair of Speaker Arts, Super Clefs. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions of these ?. The 2 way design consists of an 8" long throw woofer and a scanspeak 1.1" soft dome tweeter. Crossover is a 7th order design on the low end and 4th order on the high end. Highs...
  18. theebadone

Yamaha MX-1000

Just wondering what your guys opinions are on this amp ?
  19. theebadone

Mini Mesa 100

Does anyone have any info. on the little 3 way mini mesa 100s? If so thanks in advance, there doesn't seem to be very much on these that i can find.
  20. theebadone

Apt. Corporation power Amp 1

Ran into an Apt. power amp 1 today, and cant seem to find much info on this thing. I would appreciate some specs. and reviews. Thanks in advance :thumbsdn: :thmbsp:
  21. theebadone

Best Altec L.F.driver for home stereo reproduction

Just wondering what your guys opinions are, on which is the best Altec L.F. driver for home use. I have been using the 515B in a A-7 cabinet and thought that was a pretty good sounding woofer. But since i've been using the 416A i;m starting to think that its about the best all around driver for...
  22. theebadone

Electrovoice Marquis

I picked up a pair of Electrovoice Marquis about 4 months ago, and finally got around to working on them. They house a couple of 15TRX drivers, when i pulled the drivers to check them out, i found a couple of holes in the cone in one of them. After talking to a few people, I was advised to...
  23. theebadone

upgrading valencias

Hello All, I recently happened upon some Altec Valencia cabinets, courtesy of sheltie dave. The empty cabinets are 846As, the only thing left were the original crossovers. I already had a set of rebuilt components waiting for some A-7 cabinets. 416A woofers, 802-8A h.f. drivers, 811B horns, N...
  24. theebadone

Altec L.F. drivers

Just wondering which Altec 15" L.F. driver performs best in the vott cabinets. is it the 515, 416, 803, and im talking about home stereo use? What do you guys think? :scratch2:
  25. theebadone

Eminence PXB 2 500

Looking for opinions, on the Eminence pxb 2 500 xo board, any users here?
Back
Top Bottom