Search results

1. Bigyank

Sick Yamaha B-1 Just came in, what road to recovery should I take?

How about installing a 20x20mm fan onto the power supply board pulling air through that opening? 5-12V operating range. Awesome thread, love the detail
  2. Bigyank

JBL 2107H

Happy New Year. How about the HF horn for the 2408h-2?
  3. Bigyank

wood case

AK Search function is your friend. WC-22/42 https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/woodcases.297242/
  4. Bigyank

Digital Copies of LP's

I'm definitely reading through all this info. Just got 7.9TB in uncompressed waves to work with. Good stuff.
  5. Bigyank

Class A, AB vs latest Class D amps? How close is Class D?

I like class D amps primarily for the weight savings. I use 2 Crown XLS amps to drive a live sound rig. 2000 bridged mono for sub duty and 2500 for stereo. Light weight and always deliver, can't beat it IMO.
  6. Bigyank

Sony SS-M9 Refinish

:needpics:
  7. Bigyank

Merrylander is fine and doing well!

Happy birthday Rob.
  8. Bigyank

Merrylander is fine and doing well!

@ehoove thanks for the update. I visited Rob and his wife some years ago when working in DC. Picked up one of his completely rehabbed Yamaha CR-1020's for a briend of mine.
  9. Bigyank

JBL Dynamics Project - L200 box, 2216ND/Smith Horn/2405 Slots or Great Heils

Awesome Heather. Based on my experiences with using it, the ability to compare/contrast crossovers settings is worth it.
  10. Bigyank

JBL Control 10, worth the purchase?

Old post! I have DIY speakers anchored with the control-10's woofer the JBL 119HS-1 built in 2007. Buddy of mine owns a pair that I have first right of refusal is/when he decides to get rid of them.
  11. Bigyank

Polk SDA/SRS 3.1TL First session

Awesome!
  12. Bigyank

I think that MSRP is from 2007 time-frame. :p I've used that crossover box for 4 builds now with great success. You can quickly A/B a change really quick.
  13. Bigyank

Heather, here's what Duane has that is awesome to use when "rolling" crossovers. Vidsonix VCB-100 Variable Crossover Box | No longer in business but I've seen them on eBay and even Amazon.
  14. Bigyank

@hjames try reaching out to @duaneage if you need crossover help. He has a lot of experience in this area.
  15. Bigyank

Technics SL-D3

I decided to drag a post from ancient AK days back into the light. I've just passed 20 years with this table. Swapped in a AT-95E cartridge and she still sings.
  16. Bigyank

ADS L9e

https://www.adsspeakersservice.com/
  17. Bigyank

SAE 01 Complete System - on eBay

Here we are 6 months later and it hasn't been sold. Too bad seller won't add a make offer to the offering.
  18. Bigyank

Does anyone recognize these speakers?

AMS Enterprises seems to still be in business. Interesting speaker.
  19. Bigyank

SONY Esprit 3

Pics please!
  20. Bigyank

Fisher cabinet information from mcintoshcabinets.com

Got my FM100B cabinet in 2008. Still love it.
  21. Bigyank

More fun with (more) JBL L212 speakers

@hjames you are 2/3 of the way there!
  22. Bigyank

More fun with (more) JBL L212 speakers

You really do need at RTA to dial that setup into place Heather. Looks awesome!!!
  23. Bigyank

Soundcraftsmen PM860 / PCR800 power-amp restoration

I've got a PCR-800 that's almost in the redo queue. I like what I'm seeing. Nice work and attention to detail on your posts.
  24. Bigyank

SAE A502 power amp, extremely intermittent relay issue, thoughts on what it could be?

My only observation was Glenn used a 100 ohm resistor and that lasted roughly 4 hours of use. Everyone was alluding to the schematic having a wrong value published for R243. Question is what else upstream changed to make this value unusable?
Back
Top Bottom