Search results

1. enricosonic

New Sl-100c wobble

My guess is the platter fell outside of acceptable specs yet it went out anyway. Hopefully you’ll get a remedy in the form of a new platter. Otherwise, they should refund your money and/or an exchange for another TT. It should be dead level without any visible wobble.
  2. enricosonic

Scuzzer is no longer with us.

Yes, how dare you leave out a guy who's been a no-show for a decade! Having kids later in life has pulled me in many directions, but I have poked around here a bit recently, for of all things, turntable/audio info. And sadly, to hear about Gary. He was two days my senior he liked to point out...
  3. enricosonic

Scuzzer is no longer with us.

I’m very sad to hear this, even if it’s old news to the rest of you. Gary was a great one.
  4. enricosonic

How to prevent turntables from skipping?

For sure they're typically accurate. Just to rule out its unknown DJ history, I've seen decks with other Techincs S-arm counterweights that fit but were off by enough to warrant a scale. Sounds like the bearings may indeed be the problem here, though.
  5. enricosonic

How to prevent turntables from skipping?

I'd get yourself one of these cheap digital scales. The counterweight's setting is often quite a bit off of what's actually so VTF-wise. Make sure it's actually 1.75-2 grams...
  6. enricosonic

The Name That Album thread

I hear that. I was engulfed in the flames of this thing way back when. I will say though, good times were had as it evolved.
  7. enricosonic

Still alive - choking on wildfire smoke. Tom'll have to settle for 3rd best Cale. Long time no...

Still alive - choking on wildfire smoke. Tom'll have to settle for 3rd best Cale. Long time no see. I stop in only for nerd TT info.
  8. enricosonic

Marc Morin - Rest In Peace Our Friend

I've been away from AK for quite some time, but recently contacted Marc for my selfish AR needs, he let me know how dire his situation was and proceeded to give me helpful advice anyway. What a bummer to discover this news. Best wishes and condolences to his family.
  9. enricosonic

Welch/Rawlings The Harrow & The Harvest on vinyl 7/28/17

I think they're as good as it gets live. Did you guys ever see this little video? Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings - The way it will be (Live @ Jills veranda) - YouTube
  10. enricosonic

Won't argue that, the CD's great. I've been wanting to put a Gillian Welch record on my turntable for a very long time, though.
  11. enricosonic

Finally. Preorder: Gillian Welch | The Official Website
  12. enricosonic

Tonearm for Thorens 160 - what would the best one?

Grottyash - I had a 3009 with a Micro Acoustics 830. I think he's getting good advice too, I simply propose that if he's unhappy with the sound, throwing a $500-$700 arm plus new cart might not be the first step. I haven't read through every post since I left, but set-up and determining...
  13. enricosonic

I disagree. My 3009 was beautiful and sounded fine. Looked better than the TP-16 by a mile. Sounded no better than the TP-16. Fluid damping sounds exactly like jack shit BTW. I've done so many A/B comparisons with same table/same cart/diff arm I wouldn't responsibly recommend a newcomer to a...
  14. enricosonic

All good stuff above. It might be worth looking at stylus replacement options for that cart, do a search. I have both an ELAC Miracord 10H and a 50H. Neither have an ELAC cart (Shure and Empire instead). But I've always been impressed with all things ELAC and they didn't make crappy things...
  15. enricosonic

There are many variables, of course. Stylus condition and proper adjustment are huge factors on any table/arm combo. I don't have any direct experience with that cart, but ELAC made some quality stuff.
  16. enricosonic

A malden noted, the TP-16 is a well-engineered arm. I've owned a couple as well as the TP-16mkII, and one SME 3009. SME arms are nice and look cool, but I doubt you'd gain any audible improvement that'd justify the cost.
  17. enricosonic

Bicycle Restorations, Builds and ...

I can't argue that.
  18. enricosonic

Bicycle Restorations, Builds and ...

Howdy! Um, what are you doing way over there? That Panasonic is still in regular use but I have a new project, a mid-80s lugged steel Trek that I'm working on mainly because of its triple chainrings, lots of steep hills here, (it's also Reynolds 531 which is quite light to me). I'm changing...
  19. enricosonic

Lets See All Them Axes

That Jr. is great.
  20. enricosonic

Lets See All Them Axes

Me too. This MIM '72 Tele Deluxe reissue (while not super low budget) is a fantastic guitar. Beautifully built and finished. I changed the volume pots just as a personal preference. Added some knobs off my old '74 Tele Deluxe and an old amber knob for the pickup switch, and I think I prefer...
  21. enricosonic

If you like vintage VWs...

That seems fairly comparable to what they go for here in the states. I remember one hitting over $200K in California a few years back.
  22. enricosonic

Lets See All Them Axes

I've never learned to play lap steel. Is that a bakelite body on the Silvertone?
  23. enricosonic

Hope he hangs on to it.
  24. enricosonic

I'd love to have that red double cab. Hell, they're all cool. It's crazy how much these have been fetching at auction:
Back
Top Bottom