Search results

1. Thrill Kille

Adding RME ADI 2 FS To Set Up For DSP

I have this dac in my HP set up. It supposedly can do DSP for stereo In/Out Put. Has anyone ever added a RME dac to their system? It comes with a booklet to explain all of the things it can do. But, it's a Semi-Pro piece of gear. So the booklet is kinda dense in it's language. And the OSD has...
  2. Thrill Kille

Wall Warts: After Market or Stock?

I am NOT seeking that extra High, or Low note, sound stage, imaging, etc. I'm seeking stability, accurate, constant, even delivery of volts to my gear. There is also a cosmetic component involved too. I just bought a new rack/stand for my gear. And want to put my set up on it. But my warts are...
  3. Thrill Kille

HDMI: Active Optical

I'm about to buy a Active Optical HDMI cable for my 75QM8. Because I have a 22ft run, I'm stuck between 1. Phoossno Gen 2 7.5m cable. 2. Ruipro Gen3/C 8K_FIBER 25ft. 3. CableMatters. Certified Active Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable 32ft (Fiber Active Optical 8K HDMI Cable) - Designed for Xbox...
  4. Thrill Kille

Connecting To DAC From MacBook

I'm getting/building cables for my rig. I will be building a 10ft extension, new HP cable, and new XLR connecting the gear. I have all components picked out and in shopping cart. But, how to get the music to my dac? I have 2 options. Mac Air M2 w/3.5 mm to RCA, Thunderbolt/USB-C to USB-B, or...
  5. Thrill Kille

Spades For MC2205 Needed

I'm building new cables for new speakers. I used to use Furez. As I prefer copper over CCA and Brass-Electroplate. But Furez is out of business now. I don't want Rhodium as it's pretty snake oily to me. If anyone knows of a vendor, site, etc. that offer Pure Copper Spades for audio, I'd...
  6. Thrill Kille

Speaker Snap Banana Connectors: Anyone Use These?

I'm building new cables for my new 5.1 in my new apartment. I've decided on 14ga. But, for the connectors I saw these Speaker Snap somewhere. And they intrigue me. Does anyone have experience with these? The only place I've been able to find them is at Crutchfield. The price seems fair too. I...
  7. Thrill Kille

RCA Interconnects For Pre To Amp: Capacitance Question

I thought of the DIY forum. But, most things there about fixing components. Please let me know if this belongs someplace else. I moved to a new place. Got some new gear, kept some old gear. And with a new place is a new layout for my set up. My old cables will not fit the new space. Different...
  8. Thrill Kille

Which To Buy: And Why/Why Not

I have a opportunity to buy a TT after putting a system together. This is the last piece of my audio puzzle. The price is kinda not the issue. Just which to get. All are Mid to Upper Mid Tier tables as far as I can find info on. I'm sure there are better for the money TT's around. But, where I...
  9. Thrill Kille

HiFiMan Arya 3.5mm Jack Wiring Diagram

I am going to build myself a 12ft Balanced extension cable for my Arya's. I already know what the XLR pinout is. I just need to know about how the 3.5mm jack is wired. I've search high and low. And found a lot of conflicting info. And nothing on the HFM site at all. Other diy'rs all have...
  10. Thrill Kille

Noob'ish Question: Which Input & Power Sequence/Signal Path, ETC.

I am moving soon. And I'm gonna set up my Rig up the way it should. Right now it's kinda jank. I'm also gonna make custom interconnect cables for all In/Out Puts. Except from the source. I recently bought a new MacBook Air M2. And that will be my Source. On my old mac, 7+ yrs old. I ran Sound...
  11. Thrill Kille

Amazon Refused To Re-Deliver My Order

Ordered some Arya Stealth from amazon. Refused to deliver because the mail service didn't have a code for receiving of package. Was not told about this at order time. I made 5 calls and got lied to 5 times. Phone numbers given to me that were all disconnected. All said that it was the number for...
  12. Thrill Kille

Need To Reconsider Speaker Choice After Sudden $$ Windfall

I was, am, maybe going to buy the ELAC Uni-Fi Reference UBR62. But, after coming into some cash. Which is to me, spare money. I decided to do a few upgrades as we like to do every few years or so. The upgrades were gonna happen anyways. I have the gear all picked out. With the now extra cash...
  13. Thrill Kille

Power Cables: IEC Male 90° Down Connector Source

2022 was good to me. so, I'm buying new audio gear, listed below. A new rack for them all to sit on also. I am going to make custom length speaker cables. I already have the wire and connectors. Just need to get the color of sheathing and shrink tube I want. I also want to make custom length...
  14. Thrill Kille

AVR With Pre-Out & HDMI 2.1 4K/120 Hz

I was recently gifted pricewise a Emotiva XPA-3 Gen3 for $500 So now I want to buy a avr with pre out as my current avr has no preouts. HDMI 2.1 40Gbs 4K/120 Hz a very important to me. So, it must have that with the pre-out to start. I don't want to go the Pre-Pro route as they cost way more...
  15. Thrill Kille

Power Solution Needed

I am moving soon. And am getting rid of my Ikea rack. It has served me well. The same for the cheapo "Power Strip-Surge Protector" I've been using. But, it's time for both to go. My rig is gonna stay the same for awhile so a new rack is gonna be made for what I have. My wood working friend is...
  16. Thrill Kille

No Sound & 7-Channel Stereo Won't Go Away

I have a Yamaha TSR-7850 from Costco. I can't get it to play 2-Channel Stereo. No matter where I go in settings. Or, look at the Manual. There's no way to turn off 7 channel stereo. If I press "Pure Direct" on Remote, sound goes DEAD. Front panel will display it as playing 2 channel. But, no...
  17. Thrill Kille

Raspberry Pi Music Server Build

I'd like to build a Rasp Pi to hold my music. Currently it resides in my MBP. But, I need to start using my Mac. So, it can't sit on the table with the rest of my rig. I'd like some links, tips, advice, etc. on where to source, suggested components, software, and the like. I'd like it to have a...
  18. Thrill Kille

Decisions: This One, That One

A local shop has a SL-1200M3D w/AT-XP5 which I asked to get. I have until Friday to commit. They also have a Music Hall Classic NIB for the same price. A friend has a slightly, lightly used Orto 2M Blue he'd like to see go to a good home for a good price. I've owned SL-1200MK2 and MK5. Never a...
  19. Thrill Kille

I Have Never Bought A Used TT

Now I have the chance to get a re-con SL-1200 MK5 for $450. Dude says new spindle oil. thermal paste, and pitch/brake tune? in his pics, deck looks immaculate. Also, no cart/headshell. Don't care about that. It was a dj deck. Or someone who tried to be one. So no dust cover. Guy advertises for...
  20. Thrill Kille

Power-Electricity Protection

I'm posting this here as it's for my Macs. If it needs to be elsewhere, please let me know. I know there is a lot of For/Against on this topic. Kinda like cables. But, my building is 114 years old. With the original wiring. Yes, Really! My Plex server died when a transformer around the corner...
  21. Thrill Kille

Audirvana EQ Plugin Needed

I would like some recs for an EQ program that would allow my to make Profiles for different headphones. I would like it to allow me to make +/- db adjustments at specific frequencies that I choose. I recently moved all of my music off of my pc and onto my Mac. Then loaded Audirvana on. I chose...
  22. Thrill Kille

Tip Advice: FiiO F9 Pro

I have a pair of F9's. They're my Commute pair. But, the dang tips come off almost every time I take them out. So now I have to reach in and make sure I grab the tips as I remove my F9's. Are there any After Market tips that will have a better fit on the sound tube.? And, offer a better sound...
  23. Thrill Kille

Speaker Switch Box Needed

I'm tired of using two sets of speaker cables. One set comes from my AVR. The other, from my MC2205. Easy enough to unplug/plug cables into my Motion 40's. I want one less thing to do when I listen to my 2 channel set up. I've decided that a selector box is in order. I'd like one that would work...
  24. Thrill Kille

Bookshelf Speaker Recs: $500'ish

Moving to a Studio apartment. I need to get smaller speakers. They will be a part of a 3.1 HT system. And used for a 2.1 (2 ch?) for my TT set up. And Streaming from my Macbook Pro. They don't have to cost my whole budget. But, High Quality sound for the money does matter. Tight,Punchy Bass down...
  25. Thrill Kille

Turntable: Vintage

Hi, I'm looking to get a Technics SL-1200MK5, as I used to have one loooooong ago. A SL1210M5G (MK5G) would be nice too. Turntable Lab sometimes has them. They're restored in Japan? Anyways, is there another TT store or site that would have some restored to Spec? Google gives me a lot of...
Back
Top Bottom